Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mag dk vs Mag sorc

jam3s4343
jam3s4343
So i am starting a Mag main, love my stamplar but want a reason to grab up all these books lieing around also love the mag sorc and dk. I plan to run them in mostly battlegrounds maybe some openworld with a buddy or two so no huge groups. I also want them to be able to run vet dungeons and trials with little trouble. Which of these two classes works the best. Seems that everywhere i read the edge goes to mag dk.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jam3s4343 wrote: »
    So i am starting a Mag main, love my stamplar but want a reason to grab up all these books lieing around also love the mag sorc and dk. I plan to run them in mostly battlegrounds maybe some openworld with a buddy or two so no huge groups. I also want them to be able to run vet dungeons and trials with little trouble. Which of these two classes works the best. Seems that everywhere i read the edge goes to mag dk.

Sorc= typical glass canon with high mobility
    Magdk= dot damage/ decent healing/ less mobility

I say pick the one that caters most to the playstyle you like.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that mag dk can be played as a ranged specialized fire mage as well. So if you don't mind the lack of mobility, then it's pretty good.
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    id prefer more mobility. I went with sorc for that reason also the shields were a plus.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep sorc is total glass cannon with 18-20K shields and a skill that heals you for 2.5K each time you crit (~50% spell crit on s typical PvE build, any skill ca crit so in practice that's about once a second since that's the cooldown) and gives you Major Sorcery. Also you can do all damage from maximum distance since none of your skills are melee (except Boundless Storm but nobody runs that for DPS).
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    Sounds great glad i made a good choice.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    id prefer more mobility. I went with sorc for that reason also the shields were a plus.

Ahhh, streaks overrated, unless all you plan on doing is running hehehehe.
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    So i watched gameplay of mag dk and i can say its deff somthing i wanna play looks super badass and ferocious leap...i mean come on.
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    So i watched gameplay of mag dk and i can say its deff somthing i wanna play looks super badass and ferocious leap...i mean come on.

I main a Stam DK but also have: Mag Sorc, Stam Warden, Mag Templar, and Stam NB. I prefer using the DK over all of those (granted it's stam not magicka). I don't know how people like to play magsorc with always having to keep your shields up, it gets annoying for me. But that's the beautiful thing about this game, there's generally a type of class that complements every play style. Just experiment a bit.
    PS4 NA