The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ALDMERI GROTTO!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Twelve hours, I’m excited! I love the nautical summerset delves and sets, and I’m so touring this house first thing tomorrow morning!
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EXCITEMENT!!!!!!! :)

But im looking forward to the house someone found on Arteum.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also holding out for that artaeum house.
    The grotto is pretty, but difficult to imagine living in and I am not keen on all the shipwrecks.

The artaeum house is...well exactly the kind of place I'd imagine living in in Summerset. Ruined arcades, ocean, waterfalls, and a proper altmer mansion with tons of windows.

I'm sure some folks will be happy with the grotto, but an abandoned cave filled with shipwrecks doesn't exactly scream "Summerset" to me.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad that you're excited :smile:

Honestly after 2 years in this game I'm no longer excited about new stuff added to game, because usually this excitement turns fast into disappointment.

And Crown Store is the last thing I care about, especially these overpriced useless houses.
  • Phynalmeex
    Phynalmeex
    Soul Shriven
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    And Crown Store is the last thing I care about, especially these overpriced useless houses.

I believe the notable homes, especially the city-sized ones from the crown store, are aimed mostly at people who want a place to share with friends or guilds. I can't see someone buying something like the Grotto without the intention to at least show it to other people, and having a meeting place for the groups you run with, especially one where you can have various utilities set up for them to use, is something I could definitely see people investing in.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just previewed it. It's pretty darn fabulous and the furnished version is jam-packed with Summerset furnishings. I'll probably get this one. I have 3 High Elves and a pirate Khajit so it's quite fitting.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Wild_Mage
    Wild_Mage
    ✭✭
    I think the grotto is pretty cool, I would like to preview it when I get time. I doubt Ill buy it because its not totally my thing.

I do like the idea of these notable homes and how they are priced to not be a complete dime a dozen. I also like the idea of owning a baller home for the little internal role play I do when I envision my character.

I just got into the game recently after a pc upgrade so I can't picture my character being established enough to own one yet though.
  • Enrif
    Enrif
    ✭✭✭
    wow 15000 Crowns unfurnished, that's a steep price for it. i would have expected it to go with 13000 like the Earthtear Cavern
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enrif wrote: »
    wow 15000 Crowns unfurnished, that's a steep price for it. i would have expected it to go with 13000 like the Earthtear Cavern

I think id like to live for the month instead of have a virtual house that i cant even get writs from
    for $100+ i want some new features other than a house... thats more than a dlc. where do they get their pricing ideas from, their sales team is strait up ***.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    I think id like to live for the month instead of have a virtual house that i cant even get writs from for $100+ i want some new features other than a house... thats more than a dlc. where do they get their pricing ideas from, their sales team is strait up ***.

I have to completely agree here, about where on earth do they come up with these prices.

If I were to tell my hubby that I'm about to spend $100+ on a virtual house, I would wake up shortly thereafter in a padded cell. And he's a gamer too!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is exactly why this game does not function properly: why invest in critical & fundamental game & performance fixes when derps will pay $100+ bucks for 'access' to pixels they don't own?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Drakkdjinn

That’s not a very fair assessment of people who decide to invest in something like this. I personally sub to eso plus for the benefits (which make QoL way easier for someone who plays a lot). I don’t even sub every month. I’ll sub, then lapse for a couple of weeks...I pay about $10/month.

Over time, crowns add up. As I see it, I can buy a bunch of minor stuff, or save up for a big house. I don’t mind saving up for a whole year to buy a special house (although I wouldn’t complain if they were cheaper).

So in my view, I’m spending about as much as it costs to see a movie once a month (in 1997), and I get way more entertainment value out of the game. I help support it financially, then once a year I get some really cool,digital pixels I have a blast with.
  • Wild_Mage
    Wild_Mage
    ✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    And this is exactly why this game does not function properly: why invest in critical & fundamental game & performance fixes when derps will pay $100+ bucks for 'access' to pixels they don't own?

Buying the game or any content in it is just paying for access to pixels you don't own.

As an aside I know it hurts some people's feelings but $100 bucks just isn't a whole lot of money for some of us. It’s a noteworthy purchase sure, but I wouldn't be making life decisions over it and I'm nowhere near rich.

The pricing does serve as a gate to keep the notable homes from being super common. Therefore more desirable by collector types and the people who like to have unique pixel possessions.
    Edited by Wild_Mage on July 6, 2018 12:11PM
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    The prices are a little ridiculous but the steep price as well as being available for a limited time??? ....and that limited period of time lands right after a holiday that loves to drain my $$$ cuz yay sparkly explosions.... stop making things limited time AND $100 pretty please?
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Too much money for someplace with not enough slots, wrecked ships, and not even a proper captains cabin! I tried to decorate the grotto on the PTS, not my cup of tea.
    Erstwhile was my first and last crown exclusive, huge "home". I AM loving my Alinor townhouse though.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a matter of taste, I suppose. it's just too "disney" like for me. The only thing missing there is Mickey Mouse...lol

The only recent "crowns only" house I entertained an idea of getting was Brotherhood Cavern..but still couldn't justify spending crowns on something that is hardly useful in game.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @duendology

I spent crowns on the slot for my magic warden, and he’s hardly useful in game. POW. Mag Warden burn. Lol.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davey1107
    Imagine spending 15000 for a character slot then.. now what an investment it would be...

Having said that, I have a magic warden...and I enjoy playing her immensely, thank you very much.
    I also have a stam warden too.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So pretty. I wish they'd just decided to add it as a permanent house available for crowns only. I would have eventually bought it. Limited time sales never make me impulse buy, that's just an impossibility for some people. They just make me miss out. :(