The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

steam won't let me login

phileunderx2
phileunderx2
✭✭✭✭✭
Yet another issue with steam. Well the first for me I go to log in after today's update and my launcher denies me and I try to use steams support to check the integrity of my game files and I have nothing to click. So wtf??? Fun. I'm running a ticket and then dunno.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @phileunderx2

Could you let us know what error message you're getting when you try to log in?

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try for now:
    1. Make sure Steam is in "Online" mode.
    2. Completely exit out of Steam by clicking the "Exit" option in your Steam launcher.
    3. Close all programs related to The Elder Scrolls game.
    4. Once the game and Steam is entirely closed, relaunch Steam and ensure you are launching The Elder Scrolls Online by hitting "Play" in the Steam launcher.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I repaired the launcher 4times and was finally able to get in. I had been using eso 64bit exe to log in to avoid using the launcher but I think this mornings update somehow removed it. After the successful repair I was able to make a new short cut.
  • Penguinfan
    Penguinfan
    ✭✭
    this happened to me also. I am not able to play since update. Launcher seems to update, but I get the "denied access box error.... file in use.. etc." then nothing. I can click play, but nothing happens
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup when I downloaded the patch this AM got the notice that it couldnt complete because it either could not access a file or it was being used. Ran the repair twice, still same message. Restarted machine and both the 32 EXE and the 64 EXE where missing from the folder. The launcher would launch and PLAY would be lit up. Press play nothing happens.

Then restarted the repair and can now get into game with both EXE. But don't you dare want to change characters. Game freezes everytime I try. But at least it now launches LMAO