Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Troll King Set

Gademit
Gademit
Soul Shriven
hi im really new to the game (1-2weeks old) and while im looking for some armor set guide i find troll king set to be good
does the set proc while Vigor heal is ticking or i should be under 50% HP and cast vigor to trigger it or self heal wont trigger it?
thanks
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, and welcome to the game.

You’re moving up fast if you’re already looking for monster helm sets, lol. So let’s talk Troll King. What this does is any healing tick you put on yourself or an ally has a chance to proc a massive boost to health Regen. It does not have a cool down, and it can proc on multiple allies. Your vigor self heals will proc it on your character.

The trick with it is that it’s not providing an immediate heal...it’s giving you huge Regen that’s going to heal you over a couple of seconds. Therefore, you’re going to have to be able to survive for a little while between going under the health threshold and having Troll King restore your health. I had to learn not to wait too long to cast Vigor...sometimes I’d try to heal when I was down at 1/4 health, and hits would come in and kill me before TK could help, lol.

This set is most commonly used in PvP. In PvP you can experience incoming damage that will overcome your ability to heal or block, and TK can help swing the health bar back to full. For PvE, I think most builds favor monster sets that focus on damage, but TK would still be useful for characters that are having difficulty surviving. Healer builds I looked up lean more toward Nightflame over Troll King.

In case you didn’t know, there are two ways to earn monster helms. One is to defeat the appropriate dungeon on vet difficulty. Secondly, each weekend a special Golden vendor comes to your base in Cyrodiil and she offers two undaunted pieces...helms or shoulders...for AP and gold. You probably won’t collect monster sets until you’re CP160+, but once you have a leveled character you might save up then check the vendor each weekend because this can be a good way to pick up helms. (I wouldn’t waste money on shoulders...they’re easy enough to farm).
  • Gademit
    Gademit
    Soul Shriven
    thank you very much for the reply, i didnt noticed the difficulty of getting this item before but a few hours ago i tried to research and some topics said even at 160cp+ they still got kicked when it comes to veteran dungeons, i guess imma skip this set for a long while im currently at 110cp right now im using a full stam reco(2.9k reco) to grind my CP so i can start hunting recommended gears, i saw orgnum scale paired with troll king but since i cant get them i guess, im gonna change it btw is acquiring orgnum scale hard? what would be a good heavy armor set to pair with orgnum that can be acquired in a nonDLC maps/dungeons? thanks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gademit wrote: »
    thank you very much for the reply, i didnt noticed the difficulty of getting this item before but a few hours ago i tried to research and some topics said even at 160cp+ they still got kicked when it comes to veteran dungeons, i guess imma skip this set for a long while im currently at 110cp right now im using a full stam reco(2.9k reco) to grind my CP so i can start hunting recommended gears, i saw orgnum scale paired with troll king but since i cant get them i guess, im gonna change it btw is acquiring orgnum scale hard? what would be a good heavy armor set to pair with orgnum that can be acquired in a nonDLC maps/dungeons? thanks.

Orgnum's Scales is a pretty decent crafted set ... so it's relatively easy to acquire. Hopefully you have a craft-centric friend or guildie that can make it for you for a nominal fee.

It's advised to wait until you hit the gear cap (CP160) before focusing on a heavy armor set.

After that, for vet dungeons and overland content, there are a lot of heavy armor options that work: Plague Doctor, Green Pact, Beekeeper's, Ebon Armory ... crafted Torug's Pact or Fortified Brass. Do a little research online to decide what you like best.