The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's going on? Help!

DarkJester1
DarkJester1
✭✭✭
I am new to battlefronts, stam DK argonian, but what the hell? seriously, what.the.hell?

I am all gold shacklebreaker/unfathomable darkness/blood spawn (5 heavy, 1 med, 1 light). s&b and gs and following many different guides on builds and attributes/mundus stones/whathaveyou.

Now, CP is disabled, so why, then, am I getting killed so fast, even sometimes by one player? I'm in HEAVY armor! I use the guides, I watch the videos, and these people kill fast. I also see people score very high (20+ kills) where I can manage maybe 3-4 (and like, 8+ deaths...).

I know they can get better weapons, but the different shouldn't be THAT much!

ANd fellow DKs I see them tanking 2-3 people at a time and not dying and still dishing out damage.

Sorcs can burst me to death.

Explain please someone. This is ridiculous, and is ruining the fun.
Edited by DarkJester1 on June 30, 2018 7:36PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good gear and the right skills on your bar aren't enough. You need practice against other pvpers and it takes a while to get a feel for it.

Try finding someone who's at your skill level or a little better than you and have a bunch of duels, get a sense of what keeps you alive and what pressures your opponent. Then test that out in BGs.

Playstyle is probably the culprit, but if you can screenshot your stat page while unbuffed in No-Cp and show it here then people can give you feedback on your build.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on June 30, 2018 7:43PM
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    Here

https://imgur.com/a/xFMU2Ql
    https://imgur.com/a/HzQRJy8

Except replace Banner with Dragon Leap
    Edited by DarkJester1 on June 30, 2018 7:54PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here

https://imgur.com/a/xFMU2Ql
    https://imgur.com/a/HzQRJy8

Except replace Banner with Dragon Leap

For being in no-cp without buff food on, those stats are pretty decent, assuming you usually use dubious camoran throne for your food (or gold food).

The weapon damage looks like a bit of a problem, 1537 (is it something else? I had trouble reading the number).

1537 is pretty low for wepdamage, i don't know what your jewelry enchants are, but switching those to wepdam enchants might be the right call. Nirnhoned weapons also help.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on June 30, 2018 9:22PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those stats are actually pretty bad.

Should be hitting:

30-35k Stam
    2.5-3k wpn dmg
    1800-3k Stam Regen

Unbuffed

Unfathomable is a really bad set for PvP.

Heavy armor iirc is 22k resistance, medium and light are gonna penetrate that down substantially. Heavy armor is good because of the sets that come in heavy, now that the wrath passive is gone, heavy is only chosen for fury, 7th, ravager etc

Bloodspawn is a defensive set + ult gain, shackle is a good base, but you need a better offensive set than unfathomable.

Stam DK is a pretty weak class right now imo

I also recommend spin2win for any Stam class
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 30, 2018 9:52PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be hitting:

30-35k Stam
    2.5-3k wpn dmg
    1800-3k Stam Regen

Unbuffed

Heavy armor iirc is 22k resistance, medium and light are gonna penetrate that down substantially. Heavy armor is good because of the sets that come in heavy, now that the wrath passive is gone, heavy is only chosen for fury, 7th, ravager etc

Bloodspawn is a defensive set + ult gain, shackle is a good base, but you need a better offensive set than unfathomable.

Darkness is pretty underwhelming and the weapon damage is super low (criminally low), but asking for 35k stam or 3k stam regen without food in no-cp is a tall order.

Alcast's summerset stamDK build runs 1500 stam regen (still more than OP, but not far off) and 30k max stam after food buff.

Alcast is mostly a pve guy and he doesn't main DK, but he tends to be in communication with the top EU players so he's a safe bet for most info.
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, sorry to do a complete 180 here, but since I made this post I found myself constantly switching to bow for long range combat sicne I couldn't survive close range. Then I decided to actually see what I could do with a serious bow set, so I bought some Morag Tong and Marksman's Crest and have been having a blast ever since. I'm still not topping charts, but I am definitely doing better, and feeling like I am actually contributing to the group. This is actually my very first time in medium armor, and I was amazed and how well my stamina actually holds up now. I rarely run low, and I can actually dodge effectively now. And for things like capture the flag or relic I use my super tanky hist bark/tava's favor set and can hold off up to 2 people at once that way, which is also fun.

Anyways, I'm guessing it's my skillset (and skill) that is the reason why my kills ratio isn't higher. I went with g.sword offhand for the extra poison skills DK have in case someone gets close, though I don't use them usually.

https://imgur.com/a/Y6fZS3b This is it currently, though I switched out the fighter's guild crossbow skill for imbue weapon, and I absolutely love it.

Should I perhaps go double bow and use the other one for AoEs? There are times when everyone is clustered, and I only wish I had a few, though I can't say if that's worth switching out the g.sword entirely.
    Edited by DarkJester1 on July 1, 2018 12:02AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, sorry to do a complete 180 here, but since I made this post I found myself constantly switching to bow for long range combat sicne I couldn't survive close range. Then I decided to actually see what I could do with a serious bow set, so I bought some Morag Tong and Marksman's Crest and have been having a blast ever since. I'm still not topping charts, but I am definitely doing better, and feeling like I am actually contributing to the group. This is actually my very first time in medium armor, and I was amazed and how well my stamina actually holds up now. I rarely run low, and I can actually dodge effectively now. And for things like capture the flag or relic I use my super tanky hist bark/tava's favor set and can hold off up to 2 people at once that way, which is also fun.

Anyways, I'm guessing it's my skillset (and skill) that is the reason why my kills ratio isn't higher. I went with g.sword offhand for the extra poison skills DK have in case someone gets close, though I don't use them usually.

https://imgur.com/a/Y6fZS3b This is it currently, though I switched out the fighter's guild crossbow skill for imbue weapon, and I absolutely love it.

Should I perhaps go double bow and use the other one for AoEs? There are times when everyone is clustered, and I only wish I had a few, though I can't say if that's worth switching out the g.sword entirely.

You're having fun and doing better. I like the sets better too. Good job
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

Should be hitting:

30-35k Stam
    2.5-3k wpn dmg
    1800-3k Stam Regen

Unbuffed

Darkness is pretty underwhelming and the weapon damage is super low (criminally low), but asking for 35k stam or 3k stam regen without food in no-cp is a tall order.

Alcast's summerset stamDK build runs 1500 stam regen (still more than OP, but not far off) and 30k max stam after food buff.

Alcast is mostly a pve guy and he doesn't main DK, but he tends to be in communication with the top EU players so he's a safe bet for most info.

For the record, alcast has also had the same stamDK max stat 'pvp build' on his site since before Morrowind (since before StamDK was changed so that their key passives no longer scale of off max stats). And I encourage you not to overestimate the communcation between PVE and PVP communities! Still, Alcast's stam regen is viable for sDK. The number @Waffennacht is talking about is more of a target for the rest of stam classes who don't have helping hands or battle roar.

At the end of the day, try high regen, and try a defensive setup go with what feels good. Glad you are improving, but I wouldn't reccomend the double bow! One big thing I noticed in your skill bars is that you NEED SNARE REMOVAL. Swap Rally for Forward Momentum, or pickup shuffle and your survivability will increase drastically.
    PCNA

• DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    Reflective plate has snare removal :)
    Edited by DarkJester1 on July 1, 2018 4:55PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it, though?
    I know it does. But does it, really?

I run reflective plate and still run FM on my Stam DK.

The key to getting lots of kills and not dying has very little to do with your build. It has a lot to do with knowing when to rush in / engage, and when to run away.

The biggest mistake newbies make in the BGs is charging into an enemy group immediately after respawning... without realizing their team is on the other side of the map. You aren’t gonna win that 1v4.

Watch videos of good players in BGs (who are solo queueing or playing without a healer) and pay attention to how often they see the enemy group and run the other way. It’s pretty damn often.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just on a sidenote: you do use impentretable armor, right? (at least some pieces?)

Nothing else to contribute, really. Good luck.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Does it, though?

The key to getting lots of kills and not dying has very little to do with your build. It has a lot to do with knowing when to rush in / engage, and when to run away.

The biggest mistake newbies make in the BGs is charging into an enemy group immediately after respawning... without realizing their team is on the other side of the map. You aren’t gonna win that 1v4.

Watch videos of good players in BGs (who are solo queueing or playing without a healer) and pay attention to how often they see the enemy group and run the other way. It’s pretty damn often.

Pffff...

Real players 1vX all 8 in BGs for TOTAL VICTORY!!!!

(Joking obviously lol)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it, though?

Pffff...

Real players 1vX all 8 in BGs for TOTAL VICTORY!!!!

(Joking obviously lol)

Used to be able to with potatoes on the other team.

With the new MMR system in BGs ensuring I fight competent opponents, I have to go to cyro if I want a buffet of potato salad.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Just on a sidenote: you do use impentretable armor, right? (at least some pieces?)

Nothing else to contribute, really. Good luck.

Yeah, all impenetrable.
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned above, i would try to increase your weapon dmg. Maybe warrior mundus + infused weapon enchant on your 1h shield bar, stam dk doesn't profit much from high stamina anyway, weapon dmg scales much better ( especialy on no cp ).
    Maybe thats a personal thing but for me it works best with two cost reduction jewelry and a weapon dmg one(when running 5 heavy)
    Keeping your costs low, stam will come from helping hands, heavy attacks, battleroar and your argonian passive buffed potions.

Without some solid offensive stats your vigor won't tick enough to counter some of the enemy pressure, leading to the " why am I so squishy " feeling.

Just read your playing medium bow now, so never mind I guess :'D
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned above, i would try to increase your weapon dmg. Maybe warrior mundus + infused weapon enchant on your 1h shield bar, stam dk doesn't profit much from high stamina anyway, weapon dmg scales much better ( especialy on no cp ).
    Maybe thats a personal thing but for me it works best with two cost reduction jewelry and a weapon dmg one(when running 5 heavy)
    Keeping your costs low, stam will come from helping hands, heavy attacks, battleroar and your argonian passive buffed potions.

Without some solid offensive stats your vigor won't tick enough to counter some of the enemy pressure, leading to the " why am I so squishy " feeling.

Just read your playing medium bow now, so never mind I guess :'D
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC EU, I can show you a few tips and tricks as a stamina Dk.

Your build needs some improvements but I mainly need to see your skill level and experience. That is what matters the most.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 2, 2018 12:37AM
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭

Your build needs some improvements but I mainly need to see your skill level and experience. That is what matters the most.

I am on NA. sorry.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on NA. sorry.

Looks like you’re stuck with me and del9 then.

I can also show you a few tips and tricks on how to play a Stam DK. Just not with that now. Stam DK just doesn’t synergize well with a bow.

We’ll teach you how to play the right way.

• DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭

I am on NA. sorry.

Looks like you’re stuck with me and del9 then.

I can also show you a few tips and tricks on how to play a Stam DK. Just not with that now. Stam DK just doesn’t synergize well with a bow.

We’ll teach you how to play the right way.

Thanks, but I've actually settled into a decent bow build with GS backup and Morag Tong/Veiled Inheritance gearset. I'm doing pretty well, and I'm enjoying myself, so I think I'll stick with it for a while. This is my best so far:

https://imgur.com/a/T7oIpRD