The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Accountwide Achievements

hedna123b14_ESO
hedna123b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Will this ever be a thing?

Accountwide Achievements 103 votes

Yes please!
64%
SolarikenRiptideBigBragghedna123b14_ESOCpt_Teemotimb16_ESO85Sotha_SilHjelmerinaYukon2112MalthorneKaaldeinSpiderg1rlTanis-StormbinderhondelinkGraydonTroneonAhPook_Is_HereGuppetAarlurEdziu 66 votes
Yes, but...(specify)
4%
ApheriusPink_ViolinzPaazhahdrimaakFerrumnCutemOrjix 5 votes
No! You must grind out every toon from scratch you lazy pleb!
27%
vailjohn_ESOashenehb14_ESOotis67PlagueSDjedtb16_ESOElsonsoAdernathIluvrienkamimarkTandorkargen27Taleof2CitiesNolaArchsmacx250BlutengelLarianaXozChrysa1isRaddlemanNumber7Karivaa 28 votes
Achievements? Who cares about them?
1%
nimbliKawall 2 votes
Other
1%
AcrolasAliyavana 2 votes
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    If this were a thing I'd actually attempt to collect them all...with 12 toons in my account getting all achievements on them is impossible given that a DLC comes out every 3 months and I have to work and sleep at some point...
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but...(specify)
    Only a few achievements should be account wide, like the collection ones, like the rare drop from the base game mobs,
    Or maybe a few of the crime related ones, and some vet dungeon ones...
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    A topic so tired the search results read like its own thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/search?Search=Accountwide+Achievements
    signing off
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    Acrolas wrote: »

Lol exactly...I can understand not adding this earlier when there was less content in the game, but with the amount of content in the game currently there is no need to make it per character.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^ :)
    PC EU
  • timb16_ESO85
    timb16_ESO85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    Two tabs, one for account (any character can unlock), and one per character (only this can unlock). You can see both the account wide progress for those who are achievement collectors, and the character progress for those who rp distinct characters
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those level 3 Former Emperors and Grand Overlords would be hilarious sight.
  • timb16_ESO85
    timb16_ESO85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    Fiktius wrote: »

Those are titles, nowhere is it said those would still need to be directly linked to achievements. Unlink those and make titles per character, while having achievements per account.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    Also add all consumeables to account wide unlocks as well since we technically earned them to begin with ! lol
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fiktius wrote: »

Those are titles, nowhere is it said those would still need to be directly linked to achievements. Unlink those and make titles per character, while having achievements per account.

Now that would be a solution I would agree with. :)
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Lol exactly...I can understand not adding this earlier when there was less content in the game, but with the amount of content in the game currently there is no need to make it per character.

My comment was not an endorsement of your viewpoint nor your biased poll.
    Merely that there is no shortage of feedback on the topic.
    signing off
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!

My comment was not an endorsement of your viewpoint nor your biased poll.
    Merely that there is no shortage of feedback on the topic.

How is the poll biased?
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just once doesnt count ;)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, achievements should be character-specific for those who want to play multiple characters fully, but with an account-wide summary sheet of all achievements earned on the account for those who only want to do them once (including additional achievements for account-wide completions).

Failing that, the present system of character-specific achievements and account-wide champion points/dye unlocks etc represents a fair balance between the two approaches.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    Oh, is this where 5k achievement point owners claim points shouldn't be shared again?

I said this in many similar topics but i'll repeat; this current system has nothing to do with encouraging multiple characters, it's right opposite. It forces you to get stuck on a main character as long as you care for achievement points.

And if you are not one of those lucky people who mained a sorc or a nightblade at the beginning you are most likely out of luck after %80 completion. I mained a templar and i'm sitting on 29k achievement points atm, not knowing what to do with that character anymore. I have a magblade and a sorc, these characters have loads of achievements done which do not count for my achievement completion.

I understand if some people take this as a pure roleplay thing, but making two tabs for account and character achievements is the most simple thing to do even for ZOS. I also wouldn't mind if titles weren't shared across the account. But in a game where meta keeps changing, there must be a system that shows your overall achievement.
    Edited by themaddaedra on June 30, 2018 8:33PM
    PC|EU
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    absolutely not...

mystic on a toon that hasn't been to summerset.

master fisher on a toon that never fished????

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 30, 2018 10:04PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the only logic I have seen for supporting the suggestion.

However, it could not be complete sharing. Titles should still be restricted to the character that earned it which is something many have commented on before, and here.

To answer you question about the poll being biased, it is not biased, just not properly worked and the answers lack focus. It really does not matter since forum polls are not statistically relevant. Entertainment only.

But again, most logical argument I have seen for such a proposal.
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    I think the problem is ZOS, and some people look at the achievments as something what the character did. But it wasnt them, those are my achievments. This is why make sense to be accountwide. The titles shoud be character bound, but everything else shared.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    How is the poll biased?

Tacking an ad hominem onto the status quo, who, in the rules of debate does not have the burden of proof.

Trying to force the status quo into a defensive position is considered argumentum ad ignorantiam. Disagreeing with the status quo does not automatically make it wrong.

A popularity poll alone isn't going to work here. If people really want the achievement system to change, they're going to need to provide really good reasons to justify the change.
    signing off
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    Lol ok guy...
    The poll gives you a way to protest the status quo and support it. It also has the option "other" which you can click on and comment your own reason for or against it or if you simply dont care...
    But cute attempt at lawyer speak, I like it;)
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dead-horse-flogging biased poll is biased.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the poll biased?

Tacking an ad hominem onto the status quo, who, in the rules of debate does not have the burden of proof.

Trying to force the status quo into a defensive position is considered argumentum ad ignorantiam. Disagreeing with the status quo does not automatically make it wrong.

A popularity poll alone isn't going to work here. If people really want the achievement system to change, they're going to need to provide really good reasons to justify the change.

The last paragraph is all that really matters as what came before merely seemed to be an attempt at being cute.

Hedna provided the valid reason which is certainly stronger than the reason provided to not consider the change.

He has provided the only actual justification for the idea to be considered I have seen in any thread. I am one of the people who has been against this because more merely give a lame reason to back up their idea.