The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Xbox One X is unplayable

kromegas
kromegas
✭✭✭
From January through BS (Before Summerset) I froze a total of 2 times. Since Summerset, I freeze on average every 20 minutes.
For instance, was running vet Fang Lair last night, and I froze 3 times during the boss fight with the Bear, Tiger and Wolves. During pvp, it is even worse. Whenever multiple enemies are on the screen I am constantly freezing. This game is unplayable. I have been paying for a sub for BOTH my wife and I for a year now, and have supported the game since DAY 1.
I have not created a discussion topic on this forum ever- but I really do not know what else to do. I am so frustrated and am worried that I am seeing the end of my eso days (which I really don’t want too as this game has been my MOST played game in my 34 year life).

Is anyone else having these issues with an X? My wife is running an S and gets no where near the number of freezes I get....

My system is hard wired with a 75mbps connection (never been an issue before or with any other game), running an external SSD...
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    All console platforms are suffering atm
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    I know, but my wife who runs an S is having NO WHERE near the number of freezes I am having....
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its sad i haven't even logged on in a week
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea there is no rhyme or reason to it, you'll get a string of terrible crashes and then itll work for a while, meanwhile someone you're playing with will be unaffected. Nothing on your end. Check the announcement at the top of this category.

Because it's not crown store related, zos "can't" fix it for 3 weeks
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. This is just so depressing....

I can deal with some crashes because this game is AMAZING...

But things are really in a bad, bad place right now.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on a standard Xbox and crashed 3 times in half an hour in pvp vivec last night..it been rediculous since summerset ..can almost garuentee that when on a defence or defence with decent numbers Involved half the group on both sides if not more will crash out
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain
    https://youtu.be/107MvaPCyvo

But early morning "1am-5am" pvp is quite fun
    https://youtu.be/Ao7SpwfoFqg
  • riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t believe it has anything to do with the X vs the standard models. I have a One X and can sometimes go quite a while without issue, even while my group mates are freezing every 2-5 minutes; the inverse is also true about 50% of the time.

High population or instances where many AoEs are going off definitely seem to aggravate the problem, but are not the sole cause since I’ve had back to back permafreezes in the middle of nowhere/not using any skills.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just play on Xbox One, and it's miserable in Cyrodil right now. Since the summerset patch, I straight up can't play without crashing every 20-30 minutes or so.

I've gotten really annoyed thinking that Xbox One X players have an advantage in lag over me, so strangely enough this post gives me some comfort LOL
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can vouch for increased crashes on standard x box one. Sometimes I crash even in a solo dungeon instance.
  • malathon
    malathon
    Soul Shriven
    I have a xbox one standard and have not had any crashes or freezes in a week or more...
    Lucky I guess
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kromegas wrote: »
    From January through BS (Before Summerset) I froze a total of 2 times. Since Summerset, I freeze on average every 20 minutes.
    For instance, was running vet Fang Lair last night, and I froze 3 times during the boss fight with the Bear, Tiger and Wolves. During pvp, it is even worse. Whenever multiple enemies are on the screen I am constantly freezing. This game is unplayable. I have been paying for a sub for BOTH my wife and I for a year now, and have supported the game since DAY 1.
    I have not created a discussion topic on this forum ever- but I really do not know what else to do. I am so frustrated and am worried that I am seeing the end of my eso days (which I really don’t want too as this game has been my MOST played game in my 34 year life).

Is anyone else having these issues with an X? My wife is running an S and gets no where near the number of freezes I get....

My system is hard wired with a 75mbps connection (never been an issue before or with any other game), running an external SSD...

I have an Xbox One Original and my SO has an XBOX One X. We both crash a lot since Summer set but I probably crash a little more than her. With that said however, she crashes A LOT more then she did prior to Summerset but I think the Summerset patch affected all consoles equally.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malathon wrote: »
    I have a xbox one standard and have not had any crashes or freezes in a week or more...
    Lucky I guess

Same
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • vonScuzzman
    vonScuzzman
    ✭✭✭
    I was having issues until the last patch which completely broke my game (it would only run for about 10 seconds before crashing to the desktop); I deleted the game and reinstalled from scratch and I get zero freezes now.
    XBox One NA
  • Ranger74z
    Ranger74z
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is maybe avoid playing PvP.

I'm on a standard Xbox One, and it's been pretty good in terms of stability since Summerset launched.
    But then, I only play PvE and Dungeons. :)
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I can’t play this weekend!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps is doing great on my end
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Fang Lair REALLY ticked me off last night.
    See video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Amnd0kgKthhmjUzVrPPG6HCm5jMh

I get DCs in pvp, but no excuses in pve...

This happened three separate times, PLUS two disconnects. I gave up after 45 minutes of this BS...
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having issues until the last patch which completely broke my game (it would only run for about 10 seconds before crashing to the desktop); I deleted the game and reinstalled from scratch and I get zero freezes now.
    Really? I did that a few years ago and it helped a ton! Do you go to cyrodiil and have had no freezes on Xbox?
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    I have an Xbox One X and an original Xbox One. I notice no difference in the frequency of crashes between the two. They both crash frequently. This is possibly the worst update I can remember. I’ve been playing since launch.
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    I have xbox 1 x, and have no issues to speak of that others aren't experiencing, like the freezes in cyrodil. Other than that no issues in the test of tamriel.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    All console platforms are suffering atm

Loading screens are working as intended and sometimes you get some extra loading screen time for free! I am very pleased about this.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • nTranced
    nTranced
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever ZOS does a sizeable update like the 11gb download a couple of weeks ago it seems to help to delete your data from Xbox in the manage game menu. Having done that I've not had a freeze since the last update though there is still lots of lag when doing dolmens or geysers with large groups.
  • Arcon2825
    Arcon2825
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nTranced wrote: »
    Whenever ZOS does a sizeable update like the 11gb download a couple of weeks ago it seems to help to delete your data from Xbox in the manage game menu. Having done that I've not had a freeze since the last update though there is still lots of lag when doing dolmens or geysers with large groups.

That won’t help you with the freezes in Cyrodiil.
    In PVE however, things got better by a lot for me with the latest patch.
    There is still lag, but no crashing anymore.
    Anyway, deleting saved data is not a valid option, because you have to redo all your settings after deletion. For every single character.
    Edited by Arcon2825 on July 1, 2018 7:24PM
    Xbox EU
    CP 1400+:
    Laeleith - Magicka Sorcerer DD, Vampire
    Maryssía - Stamina Dragonknight Tank
    Thaleidria - Magicka Templar Healer
    Zemene - Magicka Necromant DD
    Poohie - Magicka Warden DD
    Elyveya - Stamina Nightblade DD
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Xbox one X. Took a few days off and tried to play today. Could not log into my main toon at all in Summerset! Could not load into cyrodiil without getting a long load screen. Finally loaded in and ported to the outpost, another long load screen. Yuck!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcon2825 wrote: »

Anyway, deleting saved data is not a valid option, because you have to redo all your settings after deletion. For every single character.
    Lol! I always delete my saved data on Xbox and sill froze in cyrodiil.
  • nTranced
    nTranced
    ✭✭✭
    Arcon2825 wrote: »

I've been deleting my saved Xbox data after every major update for almost two years now and not once have I had to redo my settings as a result of deleting this data. Other players in my guilds have tried this as well and reported success but as always YMMV!

• POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    zos, unload all your malware from the build and than install it, as of right now it's worse than 2016 worthgar

if you only have one toon, and just walk around the same island, you have no problem, but if you have 15 and get your hirling mail twice a day your look at 4 hours plus to just load and unload, with not much time for any real playing.

why cant the hirling's get all their mail at one time a day, it would sure cut the loads and unload in half

zos, this is said
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buddy has an xbox one x and Fang Lair explicitly causes more crashes for him than the rest of the group. I'm on an xbox one and I get peroidic crashes.

More often though I don't actually crash, I just get crippling lag and am unable to compete until I reset my xbox.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malathon wrote: »
    Lucky I guess

You have to play the game to find out......
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.