Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Darien(spoiler)

Nairi5
Nairi5
I was doing the main questline in Wrotghar and I saw this
yocpf1y5gtfx.png
I already finished the main questline in Summerset and I know Darien's fate. But reading this gives me shivers.
I hate Meridia now.
Edited by Nairi5 on June 30, 2018 2:31PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that Meridia was the daedric prince behind Knights of the Nine's storyline. Like most princes, she's not, "good," and we've even been cautioned over the years against looking at any of the princes in that context.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember what Meridia even told us. "Either learn to play the game, or become the pieces on the board." She's not benevolent, she'll aid you when it suits her goals, and when it doesn't, you're just a pawn to be sacrificed.

CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Revyn
    Revyn
    Soul Shriven
    Spoilers for the end of Summerset's main questline
    After you've finished A New Alliance, you hear two Altmer talking about a book that appeared on a bench in the palace, the one that saw it appear basically said it spooked him so he left it there. If you go up the stairs and look at all the benches, one will have a book on it with a note from Darien, warning people against Meridia, and proclaiming his love for his friends. With an especially heart warming shoutout, listing your character's name in the book as one of his best friends.Here's the book, if you're interested in reading it out of game.
    UID:Revynnn/PC/EU
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, compared to most Princes, Meridia is pretty decent. Sure she used Darien, but in the grand scheme of things, she's not really "bad".
  • Xarico
    Xarico
    ✭✭✭
    You should hate Meridia.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarico wrote: »
    You should hate Meridia.

She hasn't been in my good graces ever since I had to take on her champion Umaril in the Knights of the Nine DLC for TES IV.

She might be the best of a bad lot, but she's not good.
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Nairi5 wrote: »
    I was doing the main questline in Wrotghar and I saw this
    yocpf1y5gtfx.png
    I already finished the main questline in Summerset and I know Darien's fate. But reading this gives me shivers.
    I hate Meridia now.

Did you read Darien’s book after finished the main questline in Summerset?

Meridia is a deceiver.
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice book
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    She hasn't been in my good graces ever since I had to take on her champion Umaril in the Knights of the Nine DLC for TES IV.

She might be the best of a bad lot, but she's not good.

Very much this. I kind of hope she does become the next villain in the series, just because a lot of people don't seem to remember that. When all is said and done, she's still a Daedric Prince.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revyn wrote: »
    Spoilers for the end of Summerset's main questline
    After you've finished A New Alliance, you hear two Altmer talking about a book that appeared on a bench in the palace, the one that saw it appear basically said it spooked him so he left it there. If you go up the stairs and look at all the benches, one will have a book on it with a note from Darien, warning people against Meridia, and proclaiming his love for his friends. With an especially heart warming shoutout, listing your character's name in the book as one of his best friends.Here's the book, if you're interested in reading it out of game.

:'(
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Arrille
    Arrille
    ✭✭
    I shed a tear when I read the book in Summerset. My favourite DC NPC. They made him a bit older in Summerset, which is a very nice touch by Zeni. :)
    "Welcome to Arrille's Tradehouse. I barter for goods or coin. I also have a small selection of spells for sale. No credit. You want a little advice? That's free. That's ALL that's free. Would you like to hear about our most popular potions? Our most popular scrolls?"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, compared to most Princes, Meridia is pretty decent. Sure she used Darien, but in the grand scheme of things, she's not really "bad".

She sent her Daedra to massacre worshipers of the divines and desecrate their chapels, as part of a plan to let one of her chosen to get revenge. So, like I said, couching her in terms like, "good," or "bad," is somewhat ill advised. The princes are somewhat beyond categories like that, and they are always dangerous.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She sent her Daedra to massacre worshipers of the divines and desecrate their chapels, as part of a plan to let one of her chosen to get revenge. So, like I said, couching her in terms like, "good," or "bad," is somewhat ill advised. The princes are somewhat beyond categories like that, and they are always dangerous.

Well religion based warfare is well documented in ES. Princes assault other cults\worshippers all the time, be them Daedric or Aedric cults. Aedric cults sometimes do the same, particularly Stendarr based ones. In a universe such as TES, priests and active worshippers could be seen as "foot soldiers" so to speak of their respective deity, which is dangerous since most of these dieties are at war with eachother.

Eh perhaps im overthinking it, but its an interesting thought nonetheless. I do agree with what you said, though all Daedra and even many Aedra could be considered dangerous. Good and bad are indeed irrelevant terms here, as each et'ada has their own moral code for followers to abide by.
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on July 20, 2018 4:43PM
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    Awwwww Darien.... My fav Summerset character :) I really enjoyed that journey.

I have a question though, the statue that we got with Summerset, the Spider Gwen woman (lol). Is that Meridia?
    And do we get to fight her like we did Molag Bal?
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    i felt really hurt after the summerset ending, kinda unfair what happened to Darien after we finally see him again and the book did not make it any better...
    Meridia just annoys me now xD idk what to think about her anymore

I have a question though, the statue that we got with Summerset, the Spider Gwen woman (lol). Is that Meridia? And do we get to fight her like we did Molag Bal?

the statue is mephala (fancyyyyy) not meridia and beware to not spoiler yourself about the end xD
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awwwww Darien.... My fav Summerset character :) I really enjoyed that journey.

I have a question though, the statue that we got with Summerset, the Spider Gwen woman (lol). Is that Meridia?
    And do we get to fight her like we did Molag Bal?

That statue is Mephala, not Meridia.
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. :) I'm gonna forget so I'll just keep referring to her as Spider Gwen lolol
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • kitcat300_ESO
    kitcat300_ESO
    ✭✭
    Just finished Summerset. Granted I haven't played the Daggerfall line yet so seeing him again probably didn't stir me as much as the rest of you. (Raz had that spot) But still, sad to see him go... again.

Also screw Meridia, I haven't played oblivion so what she is capable of isn't always at the forefront of my mind. She will always be a prince like the rest. Personally I'm reluctant to even give her the "Not as much of a ***" medal.