The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which is Better?

Jameliel
Jameliel
✭✭✭✭✭

Which is Better? 37 votes

Take the servers down a few months and restart from scratch, building a more stable game
32%
flguy147ub17_ESODanteYodatwevSkillzMFGThe_SmilemeisterCazzyFerrumnCutem6lackzeu5TheZirexWildRaptorXStarlight_Knightarishok33 12 votes
Continue with the status quo
67%
otis67hedna123b14_ESOSoellasrfrogg23ElsonsoAhPook_Is_HereEdaphonGuppetVaranalillybitAliyavana0lbertikusChrysa1isTheDominionKaspyRyanmanNaughty_RyderMLGProPlayereso_nyaVietfox 25 votes
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like either of these options. I would hope they could do option one, but use the PTS and then test it.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or or now hear me out get new servers leave the old ones up to run the game. Build the game up the right way with all the old changes in mind. No more patch works on a system not designed for it. Then transfer all the player information during a Chapter update.

No weird downtimes and a little less salty and poisonous community.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add some servers and spread them out a bit. Not everyone lives in america or Europe.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they took the servers down for 2 months, the game would be over. Even if the fixes all went perfectly, to many people would never come back
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont pvp and im not on console. I dont have any issues i'd blame the servers for. Game has never been more smooth and stable for me.

Keep doing what u r doing and dont get stuck on status quo would be the better answer.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Neither is going to fix all this issues, more servers & bandwidth may help with some things but it's not a magic bullet & a total rewrite is not going to happen
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The engine is utter trash.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think they really need to take the servers down to address stability issues.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all my experience in IT, option 1 is not even theoretically possible.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither choice is the right answer, but "status quo" is the better of the two.

Edit: and, of course, this is another one of those places where "server = Campaign"
    Edited by Elsonso on June 30, 2018 3:04PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest problem is the spaghetti code, not the servers. Considering how much time has been invested into the game so far, I very much doubt they'd ever want to remake it, since that'd be a lengthy and costly process.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've accepted that ZOS is basically in bonus cash mode. They've made the majority of the money they can expect to make from the game over the past few years. Now it's about squeezing out as much money before people leave.

Long term loyalty isn't a priority, they only need people to buy the game and sub for maybe a month or 2, while pushing the crown store on the dedicated players

The wannabe businessmen/women here will defend it, but it still sucks no matter how you rationalize it