The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undaunted enclave chests?

xgoldelf
xgoldelf
I have two questions. At undaunted enclave in grahtwood there is an npc for delve dailies as well? And those would give inspiration points to undaunted skill line ?

Also what is the difference in the three chests because typically the keys I received early in the undaunted quest line still opened any chest ?

I know in vet dungeons the boss had a 100% drop rate of a monster helm but can someone tell me the mechanics of undaunted enclave so I get an idea of how to know when to get a full set.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 chests are for those keys and contain the shoulders to match the Monster helms you get on Vet mode....alo some chances at new harmony jewelry. The 3 chests are for each of the pledge givers dungeons, so Maj's chest is spindle 1 and 2 wayrest 1 and 2, fg 1, 2 darkshade 1,2 Bd 1,2 and eldenroot 1,2. The BIG chest is all DLC dungeons. And the other chest is the rest of dungeons....so city of ash 1,2, crypt o hearts 1,2 arx , direfrost, blessed crucible, volenfell, blackherat haven, what ever Malabal tors dungeon is with the moarmor, selenes web and Vaults of madness.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • xgoldelf
    xgoldelf
    Found the corresponding sets with each dungeon and chest . So the keys can open only those chests corresponding with the dungeon offered by the NPC?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can spend the keys however you wish. Think of them as tokens to a slot machine, and each chest is the slot machine with a fixed loot table. A key earned in a non DLC dungeon can be spent on the DLC chest and the opposite is also true. Each key will guarantee a monster shoulder, but the set, weight, and trait are random. So if you really want say Grothdar shoulders, you can farm up keys from doing any undaunted daily and spend them in the Redbeard chest and you will eventually get what you are after. The 2 Non DLC chests, each drop 12 different shoulders, which come in 3 weights and if I remember correctly, 8 traiits (dont think nirn drops) so it can take a little time to get exactly what you want.

If you are new, make sure you are above 160 CP before you start spending keys so the shoulders drop at max level.

And yes, the 4th quest giver for the delves is just a way to level your undaunted a bit faster. If you are in a group, you can share the quests with one another allowing you to do 3-4 a day (cant remember which). Not the worst activity if you are waiting for a group finder queue to pop.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 3, 2018 3:55PM