The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Plague Concoctor Mortieu is not giving infections to all players.

Sinolai
Sinolai
✭✭✭✭✭
We Have been trying to do the "have all party members having 2 infections at the same time" achievement but he never gives 2 infections to everyone. Usually the second debuff is only applied on 2 players, seemingly chosen randomly (we use the games own buff tracker to check the infection status. symbol is green, red and blue "poison injection arrows").

Anyone know how to bypass this bug or what causes it? I have done the achi with my tank by accident.
Edited by Sinolai on June 29, 2018 10:52PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's broken. Some of my friends were having issues with that achievement the other night.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    We Have been trying to do the "have all party members having 2 infections at the same time" achievement but he never gives 2 infections to everyone. Usually the second debuff is only applied on 2 players, seemingly chosen randomly (we use the games own buff tracker to check the infection status. symbol is green, red and blue "poison injection arrows").

Anyone know how to bypass this bug or what causes it? I have done the achi with my tank by accident.
    Dunno, maybe some characters acquire immunity to the disease during the first infection, so it doesn't infect them again. Bosses are often immune to the effects of abilities, so why not player characters, too? :wink:

On the face of it, the "second debuff" is indeed applied randomly. Which means that a party must continue the battle until the Plague Concoctor gives each member the second infection before they kill him. I would guess that if a PC dies during the fight, they must be resurrected and re-infected with the first one, before they can acquire the second one. At least, such a challenge seems to be the concept for the Achievement.

Given the attributes of the Pseudorandom Number Generator, who knows how long the battle will continue? Then again, given the attributes of the software that the ZOS development team produces, maybe the Plague Concoctor will never infect all group members twice at the same time. Only ZOS can know whether this is a bug, and they won't know until and unless they investigate to determine whether their algorithim is functioning correctly. Perhaps all they should do is make the second infection more likely to occur sooner than it is likely to occur now.

For what it is worth, there is a rather similar Achievement in Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft v. 5.4 (perhaps introduced with version 5.0 if not previoulsy). Such a coincidence, no?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »

Dunno, maybe some characters acquire immunity to the disease during the first infection, so it doesn't infect them again. Bosses are often immune to the effects of abilities, so why not player characters, too? :wink:

On the face of it, the "second debuff" is indeed applied randomly. Which means that a party must continue the battle until the Plague Concoctor gives each member the second infection before they kill him. I would guess that if a PC dies during the fight, they must be resurrected and re-infected with the first one, before they can acquire the second one. At least, such a challenge seems to be the concept for the Achievement.

Given the attributes of the Pseudorandom Number Generator, who knows how long the battle will continue? Then again, given the attributes of the software that the ZOS development team produces, maybe the Plague Concoctor will never infect all group members twice at the same time. Only ZOS can know whether this is a bug, and they won't know until and unless they investigate to determine whether their algorithim is functioning correctly. Perhaps all they should do is make the second infection more likely to occur sooner than it is likely to occur now.

For what it is worth, there is a rather similar Achievement in Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft v. 5.4 (perhaps introduced with version 5.0 if not previoulsy). Such a coincidence, no?

Dying removes all debuffs so the achi is lost if someone dies. We have taken that into account.
    We do notice that the boss "throws" the debuff on players and they are not applied on all at the same time. usually they come within 10 second. However, we managed to prolonge the fight almost 1 minute after getting second infection on first player and he Still didnt give it on more than 2 players.