The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Concentrated Barrier psijiic passive reveals unintended blocking animation

runagate
runagate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Since grinding Psiijic guild skills on many characters and getting Concentrated Barrier, the passive whereby you get a damage shield when you hold block, I've noticed that this shield pops up all sorts of times when it shouldn't, and indicated unintended blocking behavior happening automatically.

We all remember when dismounting started causing our characters to auto-block for no reason, making movement much more annoying (which has been a theme for a long time).

Now I notice this shield popping up in the animation transition between a channeled skill and a memento, when disengaging from a crafting station and all sorts of other odd little almost-instantaneous procs for no apparent reason. This obviously has nothing to do with the psijiic shield itself, it's just why it's more noticeable.

I suspect there's something very wrong in the sequence of animation transitions, unless a coder decided to add block-cancelling as a player-inspired kludge.

Anyone else noticed this?