The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pet Battles

Urvoth
Urvoth
✭✭✭✭✭
One thing that I liked from WoW was the pet battling system. It added another entertaining mini game and a purpose for non combat pets other than just being decorative. What do you guys think about a similar system for ESO? Right now, most of the non combat pets are obtained from the crown store or crates, but this would likely need to be reworked with a battling system. One way could be having a base version of a pet obtainable through gameplay(like as a quest reward, drop, or maybe part of a capture system) and then having the cool reskins available through crown purchases. The reskin wouldn't even necessarily have to be the same type of pet, just have the same abilities and stats so that pet battles wouldn't be P2W.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont care about battles but it would be nice to be able to make your pet pee on another player
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pokemon_red_cover_art_by_comunello76-d4xmi7e.jpg
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    af62142a784d322603ec71aa42ef6df9.jpg

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    af62142a784d322603ec71aa42ef6df9.jpg

In games ? In GTA 5 bunch load of cops killed in intro itself.
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be more entertaining than watching duels :P
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I get the occasional duel request from a lower leveled newbie in the starter and trade zones, I generally make them fight one or two of my pets while I sit back and cheer them on.

Am I mean?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah sure why the hell not
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care that my pets do no damage, but I'd like to see them at least LOOK like they were participating in whatever battle I'm in at the moment.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my pets to be happy. Only the best for my digital furkids.
    forever stuck in combat
  • scrobey
    scrobey
    ✭✭✭
    I want a beast master system, where you can hatch eggs and raise pets into killing machines.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    pokemon_red_cover_art_by_comunello76-d4xmi7e.jpg

Now I can't take the idea even remotely serious... :lol:

That's a definite NO.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By playing summoner I have such experience already. I avoid to use non-combat pets, though, because they are useless.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think ESO could use some collectible based mini games. Something to create extra gameplay variety. I think a version of the TES TCG is a more realistic expectation, but I did enjoy the pet battle system in WoW (about the only I enjoyed in the last year or two).
  • Tronzar
    Tronzar
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love to see this. The Pet Battles are one of the reasons why I keep a sub in WoW. That and the collecting aspect of WoW. I like spending time looking for pets I don't have, leveling them up, etc. Think it would be great to see some of that over here.

Maybe some ES Legends integration where cards/packs can be looted, collected, etc?
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    What do you guys think about a similar system for ESO?

That would be the last Nail in the coffin of the Relationship between ZOS and Me !!!

"In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scrobey wrote: »
    I want a beast master system, where you can hatch eggs and raise pets into killing machines.

I'll put my Golden Chocobo up against your best!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    See? WoW players think they can change every game to a WoW game. If ESO starts turning into a WoWish game, I'll be walking away from ESO. WoW is a cartoony game with bad mechanics, purposely gated content, and all around bad graphics compared to ESO.
    Edited by Viscous119 on June 30, 2018 11:14PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viscous119 wrote: »
    See? WoW players think they can change every game to a WoW game. If ESO starts turning into a WoWish game, I'll be walking away from ESO. WoW is a cartoony game with bad mechanics, purposely gated content, and all around bad graphics compared to ESO.

I only played about 60 hours of WoW compared to 700+ in ESO, so I'm definitely not looking to change ESO into WoW. It was just a fun feature that I enjoyed in that game.
  • forwardbias83
    forwardbias83
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to mini games in this game. Why not have interactable game boards/tables that you could play with another player or against the computer. Like that Cats and Foxes game that is a furnishing item for your house. I also saw something that looks like Chinese Checkers in some of the buildings in Summerset. Maybe a dice game or card game. Interactable game objects that you could use as furnishings in your house. Or maybe set up some games/tables in the taverns throughout the game. Could go to the tavern and play a game of dice, cards, etc. I know one of the items you can steal and fence are Daedric Tarot Cards. Would be interesting if you could have an actual deck of cards like that as a house decoration, or use for a fortune telling mini game, or remove the high Arcana cards and use them as conventional playing cards. The art department would have to make art for 78 tarot cards though with daedric themes.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont care about battles but it would be nice to be able to make your pet pee on another player

^ This ^ ROFL
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • qbkitsune
    qbkitsune
    ✭✭
    Well, minor spoiler.

If you go to Artaeum, there are NPC mages doing exactly this with their atronachs at the Colosseum. I was a little disappointed that there were seemingly no quests or interactions there aside from a dueling achievement. It does seem like a missed opportunity, but maybe they will add something someday?