The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some Disconnect Issues

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
I have known this for a while but thought it worth mentioning. CenturyLink is my ISP provider (I know, I have your sympathies). While playing, my character would stop responding to input - so must be another ZOS problem, right? Nope. Looked at my modem and saw I lost internet connection. This has happened on a fairly frequent basis in the last couple weeks.

Long story short, not all disconnects are ZOS related. Check YOUR connection first.
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well yeah....obviously sometimes the internet goes out.

But the game still has an incredible amount of connection issues that is ZOS related

And I'm pretty sure most people look at their internet connection status when lose connection to the game, doubt this really all that helpful
    Options
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    same for me disconnect and go to directly to the login menu (2 time s in 30 minutes)
    Megaserver US - since 2014
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disconnect all the time sometimes as much as 3 times an hour. I check my internet connection, and it's fine.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had some afternoon DCs in the last couple of days. I dug around and found a post, which instructions I followed. After implementing same, I had no further DCs today (unlike yesterday and day before).

xxx wrote:
    I've been messing with the UserSettings.ini settings for multicore, restricting the number of threads a bit. The freezes are definitely coming from the "WorkerThreads" line, as setting it to 0 removes them entirely, but at the loss of a little fps in general, while setting them to 8 turns the entire game into a near constant slideshow. With the settings below I have managed to completely remove all the freezes and stutters, in Alinor and everywhere else. Framerate now seems to be about the same as pre-patch. Smooth as silk. Maybe give these a try until they get a proper fix in.

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "8" (if you have a quad core hyperthreading cpu, if not use "4")
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "4"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "1"

Also, setting GPUSmoothingFrames to "0" or "1" can be very helpful with general smoothness and microstutters, as well as input lag and responsiveness if you have a high end GPU. "0" is best if you can get away with it.

The issue seems to be that the garden-variety UserSettings.txt doesn't actually "read" your CPU - those settings in the file on my ssd were all set -1 (which unless ZOS uses something very esoteric) should mean "off". So I have an 8core processor, and changed those settings as recommended. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and so on, but at least today I didn't have the same sort of issues as the last couple of days.

And of course, I realize that could be something else entirely. Time will tell. Now, that post didn't specifically reference the being logged out frequently situation - but another person in one or the other of the threads indicated that it also could help with the DCs.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on June 30, 2018 12:05AM
    Options
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayanpup wrote: »
    I have known this for a while but thought it worth mentioning. CenturyLink is my ISP provider (I know, I have your sympathies). While playing, my character would stop responding to input - so must be another ZOS problem, right? Nope. Looked at my modem and saw I lost internet connection. This has happened on a fairly frequent basis in the last couple weeks.

Long story short, not all disconnects are ZOS related. Check YOUR connection first.

This has been a paid promotional advertisement, we now return you to your regularly scheduled lag....
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
    Options