The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Address the issue with Lethal Arrow

O_LYKOS
O_LYKOS
✭✭✭✭✭
I feel there is a obvious issue with this skill and have not heard anything about it being touched or in my words "fixed".

It's either too op or just plain broke.

Every single day I'll freeze and instantly die. Guess what my death cap is... 4-5 lethal arrows. From one guy. This happens many time throughout my game time.

How is this even a thing. Probably a L2P thing right. Just please do something with it.
PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they tried and failed to fix it. Who knows if they’ll make another attempt.
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW, if you have a ton of CP and can alot it in the correct places, most of the bow attacks can be strong. Some of the sorc attacks affect me the same way my bow would probably affect you. I refuse to run shields, so I just deal with it. I trade being paper thin and more flammable than fumes to have a slightly higher damage output.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdicusDio wrote: »
    FWIW, if you have a ton of CP and can alot it in the correct places, most of the bow attacks can be strong. Some of the sorc attacks affect me the same way my bow would probably affect you. I refuse to run shields, so I just deal with it. I trade being paper thin and more flammable than fumes to have a slightly higher damage output.

He's talking about the bug where 4 consecutive lethal arrows will all register at the same time. It's not about 1 really strong lethal arrow, its about going from 30K health to 0 instantly.
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds like a high ping and lag issue. Not a bug of the arrow. The delay between the server and client is the reason from what it sounds like. If each arrow is doing 5k damage (made up number) and the attacker is spamming it, and gets 4 hits (20k) in on the target (like someone standing still on a siege w/o shields) that's just standing there (on his screen) and the delay means the victim doesn't register he's even getting hit until dead.

I stopped trying to fight up-close in heavy-traffic fights as attacks in general aren't even registering. On my screen, it looks like a couple guys running towards me (like say from 50'-100' away) and next thing I know I'm down. The recap will show up-close attacks like surprise attack, light attack, etc. but they were never close enough (on my screen) nor were there any animations anyone was even doing anything.

Nothing you can do about it really. FWIRW, pledge dungeons are getting the same treatment atm with excessive ping and lagging. Attacking enemies and their health doesn't budge, then they drop a bunch, etc. It's on their end, not ours. They need to update their aging hardware.
    Edited by AdicusDio on June 30, 2018 8:43PM
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're singing my song. The multi-snipe-glitching exploit is the #1 largest outstanding issue in ESO, and the ongoing failure to fix it is outright negligence by ZOS. This exploit is NOT mere lag or ping or whatever the snipe exploit apologists are calling it.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not alone with this one. Many of my friends and other players have complained about the same issue.

The fact that you suddenly can't move then youre instantly dead within 2 second with 4 lethal arrow on your death cap is a game/skill issue. Not server and lag. And definitely needs to be fixed.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • lnigo
    lnigo
    ✭✭✭
    There is plenty counter-play to the dreaded lethal arrow. You just have to play in a constant state of paranoia. Keep your buffs up at all times. Slot radiant magelight on your bar if you can afford it; it reduces stealth damage. Your reaction time has to be quick. As soon as you get stunned from the first arrow, you have to immediately break-free and roll dodge. One roll dodge will make the next 2-3 arrows miss, since 2 arrows are already in the air, and he's casting the third arrow as you roll dodge--which will also miss. As soon as you recover, you're ready to fight--but more than likely, the sniper will cloak away and run. If you're not able to adapt, you'll likely die quickly to snipers.

If you have latency issues and get hit with 4 arrows at once, I recommend you play in the lower-populated campaigns. Otherwise, you might as well re-roll as a stamblade sniper.