The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't upgrade any items

DyingStarman
DyingStarman
✭✭
I currently cannot upgrade any items. I have plenty of the correct upgrade materials, so that's not the problem. I've tried on different characters and none of them can upgrade anything. I've also tried restarting the game and my system and nothing worked. I'm on PS4 NA if that helps.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you even activate.the station? If not.and your using a statuon in a home, try one in an overworld crafting station.

Have you tried other crafting stations?

Finally, try powering down your console, then restarting, then reload the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DyingStarman
    DyingStarman
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Can you even activate.the station? If not.and your using a statuon in a home, try one in an overworld crafting station.

Have you tried other crafting stations?

Finally, try powering down your console, then restarting, then reload the game.

I've tried Mournhold and Rawl'kha and neither worked. I'll see if I one of my guild's guildhalls has stations that I can use to test that. I can activate the station but the improve option is greyed out. Also, I've already tried restarting the game, restarting my system, and deleting save data, and none of that worked.
  • DyingStarman
    DyingStarman
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: Tried it in a guildhall and I still couldn't upgrade anything.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more thing to try, well 2 but the second should not be a factor. Heck the first should not be one either.

1. If you have the Crafting Bag, retreive the Tempers then try the station.
    2. Make sure the item is not locked
    3. Finally, just make something, a dagger for instance and see if you can even attempt to improve it.

If no joy, make a bug report in the game and put that report number in this thread.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DyingStarman
    DyingStarman
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    One more thing to try, well 2 but the second should not be a factor. Heck the first should not be one either.

1. If you have the Crafting Bag, retreive the Tempers then try the station.
    2. Make sure the item is not locked
    3. Finally, just make something, a dagger for instance and see if you can even attempt to improve it.

If no joy, make a bug report in the game and put that report number in this thread.

Sadly, none of that worked. I submitted a bug report and the number they gave me was 180629-002695
  • DyingStarman
    DyingStarman
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: Customer support asked me to share a video on this thread and said that there isn't anything they can do. Video link:
    Here are the screenshots I sent them too. 2to19by2a4u6.jpg
    iw7x15fdka3w.jpg
    8vm3328vekqw.jpg
    n72hrc9ejnol.jpg
    s92t4ev0sk6c.jpg
    rm4djuh0vlqd.jpg

If anyone has any information on fixes, please let me know. As it stands, I can't upgrade ANYTHING. And farming things like vCR and vHoF isn't an option for me, and I can't gold weapons anyways.
    Edited by DyingStarman on July 2, 2018 7:21AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost everything in your screenshots are locked. Try unlocking them first and then improving them. The one item that is not locked is the kresh robe. When you click 'X' to add it, what happens?

You can't improve the item from the screen you are on. You have to 'add' it first and then the improvement screen will come up.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on July 2, 2018 7:43AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Almost everything in your screenshots are locked. Try unlocking them first and then improving them. The one item that is not locked is the kresh robe. When you click 'X' to add it, what happens?

You can't improve the item from the screen you are on. You have to 'add' it first and then the improvement screen will come up.

And....another example of how confusing this game can be for somebody not used to it and not used to MMOs with more complicated systems...

The OP is listed as "Soul Shriven" so I would bet money this is one of their first times posting and bug reporting and they are likely very new to crafting and improving.
    They never said "it worked before" so this seems likely.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

And....another example of how confusing this game can be for somebody not used to it and not used to MMOs with more complicated systems...

The OP is listed as "Soul Shriven" so I would bet money this is one of their first times posting and bug reporting and they are likely very new to crafting and improving.
    They never said "it worked before" so this seems likely.

Actually if you watch the video the OP does unlock first. So I am not sure why it is not working. I am not familiar with the gamepad UI.

Edit: @DyingStarman I think I see the issue. After unlocking, hit add. Then you should be able to improve.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on July 2, 2018 8:32AM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the video it shows you unlocking the items.

After you unlock, click X to add the item and then you should be able to improve with Square.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • DyingStarman
    DyingStarman
    ✭✭
    Wow am I an idiot. Is the "Add" option new? I swear I haven't had to do that before. Also, why would they add that extra step or show the improvement option if you couldn't improve an item from that screen? Anyways, thanks!