The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Costume Dying Question

DiNanna63
DiNanna63
✭✭✭
Has anyone bought the Falkreath Thane costume and dyed it? I'm wondering how well it dyes or are costumes not prone to bad dying like outfit/armor are? I have the Telvanni Wizard-Lord Robe and it looks really nice in any color. I don't want to spend the 100 gems if I can't get the same results as the Telvanni Wizard-Lord Robe.
  • Diabolus1989
    Diabolus1989
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Falreath Thane costume dyes pretty well. That is, every aspect of the costume dyes - apart from the horns and side guards of the helmet (if you have it visible) and the buckles and bracer/shin plates (though the trim around them does dye).

Personally, I still prefer the Telvanni Wizard-Lord Robes. They just look better to me.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your costume is DEAD! I am so sorry... Oh, wait... I think you meant dying in another context... sorry... my bad...
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's normally topics when a new costume comes out where people review how it dyes (it varies a lot between costumes) and post screenshots of it dyed, but I can't find one for this costume.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    So many equipments dying recently. Are we going to get update on this Zos? Equipment lives matter!
    Options
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine one part dye normally and others look really faded or nothing like the awesome color you chose. That's my experience with most costumes
    Options
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone!
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping because both costumes mentioned are on sale, and because to my taste the Telvanni Wizard-Lord Robe is quite attractive but has a very meh color, so how well it dyes is important to me.
    Options
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    The Thane costume and Telvanni Wizard-Lord robe dyes nicely. I'm not overly impressed with the Queen's Spymaster. The others dye a lot better.

sb5PTv6.png

Hkn03NI.png

CmeVn1i.png
    Edited by DiNanna63 on November 24, 2018 4:48PM
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have found some costumes take dyes well and others don't. I've been quite pleased with the Falkreath Thane costume in this regard and, if you like the costume, I recommend it as it does dye well.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO, both the Falkreath Thane and Telvanni Wizard-Lord dye well... while both have areas that don't dye at all, the parts that can be dyed take colour uniformly and 'true'... my one quibble with the Telvanni costume is that the hood can appear to be shinier/more glossy than the rest of the outfit, especially when dyed in very bright hues.

Test shots with all three slots dyed in either Contraband Violet, Noxophilic Black, or Shrike Blue:
    tumblr_pipkmjE9tj1uf33zto4_1280.jpgtumblr_pipkmjE9tj1uf33zto1_1280.jpgtumblr_pipkmjE9tj1uf33zto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pipkmjE9tj1uf33zto5_1280.jpgtumblr_pipkmjE9tj1uf33zto3_1280.jpgtumblr_pipkmjE9tj1uf33zto6_1280.jpg
    Edited by theskymoves on November 24, 2018 5:38PM
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DiNanna63 wrote: »
    The Thane costume and Telvanni Wizard-Lord robe dyes nicely.

Thanks!!

And the photos in a following post showed that the Telvanni Wizard-Lord isn't locked into shades of brown. :)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on November 24, 2018 10:02PM
    Options
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    You're welcome :)
    Edited by DiNanna63 on November 25, 2018 12:48AM
    Options