The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does damage reduction sets stack?

Aideian
Aideian
✭✭✭
I always wanted to create a solid pvp tank basically just to mess around or to use in bg in chaos ball and etc. I started thinking about sets like reactive and iron blood or wizards and wondering if you could stack the damage reduction? And if you can is there a cap?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Resistance is caped at ~33k. Buffs that are not named do stack.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

Okay so say you where running wizard and reactive with bone pirate skeleton and let's say it all procd at the same time wizard gives 15% reduced, reactive gives 35% and pirate gives 30% and let's say you're an nord which gives you 6% reduced damage what would it add up to? Its not possible to have 100% damage reduction correct?
    Edited by Aideian on June 29, 2018 9:22AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same named buffs don't stack such as Major Resolve. But Major will stack with Minor and sets that offer just set amount of resistances without name stacks on top of each other.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 29, 2018 8:42AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aideian wrote: »

Okay so say you where running ironblood and reactive with bone pirate skeleton and let's say it all procd at the same time iron blood gives 35% reduced, reactive gives 35% and pirate gives 15% and let's say you're an nord which gives you 6% reduced damage what would it add up to? Its not possible to have 100% damage reduction correct?

Yeah, you can't get a 100%. Mitigation gives as far as I understand it diminishing returns by being calculated of each others outcome, not the base value if that makes sense. If you want a better explanation you might want to read this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-for-morrowind-new-calculator
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Okay so say you where running ironblood and reactive with bone pirate skeleton and let's say it all procd at the same time iron blood gives 35% reduced, reactive gives 35% and pirate gives 15% and let's say you're an nord which gives you 6% reduced damage what would it add up to? Its not possible to have 100% damage reduction correct?

Yeah, you can't get a 100%. Mitigation gives as far as I understand it diminishing returns by being calculated of each others outcome, not the base value if that makes sense. If you want a better explanation you might want to read this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-for-morrowind-new-calculator

I figured as much, now I just want to know what the max you can get lol I guess the only way to truly find out is to test the sets out. The only pain is getting reactive. But thanks for the information both of you.
    Edited by Aideian on June 29, 2018 9:28AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay so say you where running wizard and reactive with bone pirate skeleton and let's say it all procd at the same time wizard gives 15% reduced, reactive gives 35% and pirate gives 30% and let's say you're an nord which gives you 6% reduced damage what would it add up to? Its not possible to have 100% damage reduction correct?

This would add up to --> 100% * 0,85 * 0,65 * 0,70 * 0,94 = 63,64% Damage Mitigation.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes but 40k+ to counter penetration
    PC EU - DC only
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@FakeFox

Resistance is not truly capped, especially in PvP.

A tank running 40k resistance does have ~33k effective resistance, however when he is debuffed for 5k he still has 33k resistance.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage reduction will stack, but as you can see you can never get to 100% the closest you could conceivably ever get is around 99.6% .

Damage Mitigation Calculator

*not 100% certain blocking works in mist form*

Edited by Sordidfairytale on June 29, 2018 10:34PM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    This helps out a lot, thanks everyone I just have one last question, which class would be the best to do try and run this/test this on? I was thinking templar because of empowering sweep.
    Edited by Aideian on June 30, 2018 2:36AM