The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newbie to pvp quick question.

DarkJester1
DarkJester1
✭✭✭
Is spriggan/impregnable a good starter set for battlegrounds/cyrodiil? I have a lot of both.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Yes

Can I use both together, or is one better supplemented with something else?
    Edited by DarkJester1 on June 29, 2018 5:45AM
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    Both are solid sets, but you'll probably be better off with a regen-based set to start off (in place of impreg). I'm assuming you're a stam build, so managing your resources will be challenging for a while. I'd consider running bone pirate (with dubious) or shacklebreaker depending on the amount of mag you'll be using for utility. Note that this is even more important in BGs as resource management becomes a lot harder. Bloodspawn or troll king are probably your best bet for monster set.
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Yes

Can I use both together, or is one better supplemented with something else?

you can use both together they both would sync pretty well.
    Edited by ll_Rev on June 29, 2018 6:21AM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the_broo11 wrote: »
    Both are solid sets, but you'll probably be better off with a regen-based set to start off (in place of impreg). I'm assuming you're a stam build, so managing your resources will be challenging for a while. I'd consider running bone pirate (with dubious) or shacklebreaker depending on the amount of mag you'll be using for utility. Note that this is even more important in BGs as resource management becomes a lot harder. Bloodspawn or troll king are probably your best bet for monster set.

For a beginner, I'd definitely recommend exchanging the offensive set for a regen set instead of the defensive one. It's much more of a struggle to survive long enough to actually deal damage until one has developed the reflexes required in pvp combat.

So for a beginner stam build, shacklebreaker and impregnable, 6 medium plus heavy chest, paired with a burst monster set (selene), would be my recommendation. And 2H/Bow. That and run dubious cammoran throne. Go infused on chest/leg/helm with prismatic defense enchants and well fitted on shoulder/gloves/belt/boots with stamina enchants. Nirnhoned on 2H, infused on bow, double damage poisons on 2H and weapon damage enchant on bow.

Play with the jewellery enchants. Go three stam regen enchants for start and supplement with weapon damage enchants one by one as you get more comfortable with resource management.

This setup will give high health pool, high stamina pool, reg through cammoran, high magicka pool for buffs even without trifood. Low on pure damage stats but very survivable.
    Edited by Leandor on June 29, 2018 7:21AM
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

For a beginner, I'd definitely recommend exchanging the offensive set for a regen set instead of the defensive one. It's much more of a struggle to survive long enough to actually deal damage until one has developed the reflexes required in pvp combat.

So for a beginner stam build, shacklebreaker and impregnable, 6 medium plus heavy chest, paired with a burst monster set (selene), would be my recommendation. And 2H/Bow. That and run dubious cammoran throne. Go infused on chest/leg/helm with prismatic defense enchants and well fitted on shoulder/gloves/belt/boots with stamina enchants. Nirnhoned on 2H, infused on bow, double damage poisons on 2H and weapon damage enchant on bow.

Play with the jewellery enchants. Go three stam regen enchants for start and supplement with weapon damage enchants one by one as you get more comfortable with resource management.

This setup will give high health pool, high stamina pool, reg through cammoran, high magicka pool for buffs even without trifood. Low on pure damage stats but very survivable.

How does that help you get better at pvp though? Yeah you're surviving, but you're gimping yourself on offensive capability. Learning to pick your engagements (and timing) wisely offers far more survivability than any set bonus. If you're not sufficiently built for offense, then you'll never learn to kill. Simply surviving is not pvping.

If you find yourself constantly dying before being able to do anything, then try to hold back a second or two. Watch the people around you. Notice who is very effective and try to mimmick them.

If you still can't do anything even after some practice, then think about how you can trade a bit of offense for defense. It's all about priorities.
    Xbox One NA
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    replace spriggans with hundings. Good luck have fun
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How does that help you get better at pvp though? Yeah you're surviving, but you're gimping yourself on offensive capability. Learning to pick your engagements (and timing) wisely offers far more survivability than any set bonus. If you're not sufficiently built for offense, then you'll never learn to kill. Simply surviving is not pvping.

If you find yourself constantly dying before being able to do anything, then try to hold back a second or two. Watch the people around you. Notice who is very effective and try to mimmick them.

If you still can't do anything even after some practice, then think about how you can trade a bit of offense for defense. It's all about priorities.

No-CP battlegrounds called, they want a word with you...

Let's say I advise to go small scale and learn to burst-combo as the better strategy over running zerg setups dependant on healers in the background doing the arse-saving for ya.
    Edited by Leandor on July 1, 2018 10:18AM
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭

Let's say I advise to go small scale and learn to burst-combo as the better strategy over running zerg setups dependant on healers in the background doing the arse-saving for ya.

Lol you are clueless. You can have solid self heals if you build for damage. Sure it's a bit harder how, but that's how this game has always been.

Also, I have no idea what point you're trying to make about zergs and healers. I have been solo / small scale for the past 3 years. Edit: in case it's not obvious, that means outnumbered - rarely with healers
    Edited by the_broo11 on July 1, 2018 5:53PM
    Xbox One NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    replace spriggans with hundings. Good luck have fun

I’m sorry but this is terrible advice. Spriggans is the all around better set. Hundings is the Baby’sFirstPvPSet (Tm) that gets outgrown because it’s bad.

There’s no reason to run a sustain set on any class with jewelry crafting and mundus changes. The 5pc bonuses are too strong. On Stam you can grab serpent mundus and some Stam regen glyphs. As you learn to heavy attack mode you can remove those glyphs and replace with wep dmg.

But you should never rely on a regen 5 pc if you’re Stam. For mag you might need to pick one up, but only because mag needs to regen both Stam and mag so sets like amerasm are really useful.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp