The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A way to balance Cyrodiil and bring in more players...

ServerusEcru
ServerusEcru
✭✭✭
Make scroll keeps: Fort Glademist, Arrius Keep and Castle Farragut harder to take, since these are the most important territorial structures in Cyrodiil. Once they are ransacked the gates will be opened and leave the weaker territories behind it vulnerable to a scroll invasion. Now that the elder scrolls are worth more points, how about in 2019 we introduce faction lieges to come defend these home keeps I mentioned. High King Emeric will defend Glademist, King Jorunn will defend Arrius and Queen Ayreen will defend Farragut. This will make it harder to take the flags and players can not just bring their zerg force in and take a keep easily in the later hours. In certain hours, when the majority of the player base sleeps, it leaves our scrolls vulnerable to ninja sieges; players will take our scrolls when the population is low and we will wake up in the morning down by 300 points unfairly. Having strong NPC support on these specific territories will make the pvp more small scale and players will relay on tactical strategy opposed to just zerging everything down and taking advantage of the weaker numbers. It will require smaller guilds to work together so things can be respectfully achieved.

For example I recommend the system working like this: if you bring 50 players to one keep, the guards will be stronger and the liege will have powerful guards that can wipe factions with 30 or more with powerful spells and skills. Thus when the guild comes in one raid lets say 12-25, it will be much easier to defeat the liege. The ruler, once defeated, a program will send a message world wide that says King Jorunn has left Cyrodiil. What this does is give players a chance to defend their scroll keeps. The lesser number that comes may face stronger opposition from players but less pressure from the liege and his/her NPC guards, thus the more you bring, the harder it is to take the keep.

What this does is as I envisioned, create balance and force guilds to spread out and be more effective. It will help the server, reduce lag in areas and allow things to be fought out fairly. Not to mention there is no penalty for Faction hopping which makes things more unbalanced. "I can just screw DC or AD and hop over to my EP toons since EP is winning and get some easy AP." These are unfortunate things about Cyrodiil that need immediate attention. I also recommend that we make players commit to a faction for the duration of the campaign. This will promote more meaningful PVP, what the lore of the game originally intended to be, loyalty to ones respectful faction.
"Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted something of the same a very long time ago.(Obviously it never went anywhere)

I like the idea of NPC's being more powerful with better A.I. I played a game called Aion. There were only 2 player factions, and one very good NPC faction in the PvP area. They would come in on drop ships randomly(because the players had wings and could fly and do aerial PvP with Keeps on "sky islands"), and to take a keep you had to defeat a massive boss mob along with his minions.Like...Epic, raid level, bring 50+ friends to defeat it kind of thing.

Game is still around and I'm thinking about checking it again. It's almost 10 years old though. Oh, you also had to pick a faction. You could not even create a toon on the other side at all...Ever!... Servers even became locked if one faction had more than the other till it evened out. Keeps could not be taken except for certain random times of day in a 2 hour window? I think? This helped with night capping. Hows that for balance!?!?

Who'd a thought there was a game 10 years ago with such a cool aerial element and good faction balance? Just don't get why developers can't learn from past games. Did I mention it's free to play too?

Yeah, think I'm gonna DL it again. For serial lol!
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Who'd a thought there was a game 10 years ago with such a cool aerial element and good faction balance? Just don't get why developers can't learn from past games. Did I mention it's free to play too?

Yeah, think I'm gonna DL it again. For serial lol!

Why would ZOS bother with interesting gameplay when they have an audience willing spend hundreds to thousands of dollars to gamble for tacky mounts and cosmetic accessories?
    Edited by zyk on June 29, 2018 1:06PM
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Wrobel Please consider and read my proposal. Thanks.
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make scroll keeps: Fort Glademist, Arrius Keep and Castle Farragut harder to take, since these are the most important territorial structures in Cyrodiil. Once they are ransacked the gates will be opened and leave the weaker territories behind it vulnerable to a scroll invasion. Now that the elder scrolls are worth more points, how about in 2019 we introduce faction lieges to come defend these home keeps I mentioned. High King Emeric will defend Glademist, King Jorunn will defend Arrius and Queen Ayreen will defend Farragut. This will make it harder to take the flags and players can not just bring their zerg force in and take a keep easily in the later hours. In certain hours, when the majority of the player base sleeps, it leaves our scrolls vulnerable to ninja sieges; players will take our scrolls when the population is low and we will wake up in the morning down by 300 points unfairly. Having strong NPC support on these specific territories will make the pvp more small scale and players will relay on tactical strategy opposed to just zerging everything down and taking advantage of the weaker numbers. It will require smaller guilds to work together so things can be respectfully achieved.

For example I recommend the system working like this: if you bring 50 players to one keep, the guards will be stronger and the liege will have powerful guards that can wipe factions with 30 or more with powerful spells and skills. Thus when the guild comes in one raid lets say 12-25, it will be much easier to defeat the liege. The ruler, once defeated, a program will send a message world wide that says King Jorunn has left Cyrodiil. What this does is give players a chance to defend their scroll keeps. The lesser number that comes may face stronger opposition from players but less pressure from the liege and his/her NPC guards, thus the more you bring, the harder it is to take the keep.

What this does is as I envisioned, create balance and force guilds to spread out and be more effective. It will help the server, reduce lag in areas and allow things to be fought out fairly. Not to mention there is no penalty for Faction hopping which makes things more unbalanced. "I can just screw DC or AD and hop over to my EP toons since EP is winning and get some easy AP." These are unfortunate things about Cyrodiil that need immediate attention. I also recommend that we make players commit to a faction for the duration of the campaign. This will promote more meaningful PVP, what the lore of the game originally intended to be, loyalty to ones respectful faction.

You assume the developers care about pvp despite the plethora of evidence against it. The best thing the developers could do is tell us that fact so that we can all move on instead of being stuck in the purgatory that cyrodiil is hoping for things to change. Don't get me wrong the idea is solid. I'm just being realistic here.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean 'Faregyl' not 'Farragut'.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I love your interest in making Cyrodiil better and appreciate the write up , I do not enjoy more PvE in the PVP zone and that is what this suggestion is . It's adding more PvE .

Please don't be offended .
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fail to see how this would bring in more players
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fail to see how this would bring in more players

I think the OP believes everyone cares about the scrolls and would run to help the fight. That wouldn't happen unless the scrolls had value outside of Cyrodil, which they don't. Even if they did, all that it means is that more people would get into PvP and become frustrated because of the performance.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hurray more PvE in PvP areas, this will defenitly help the population especially because the current NPCs are completely bug free and are so much fun to fight