The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can someone tell me a little about monster sets( helm and shoulder)?

xgoldelf
xgoldelf
I’m doing some more research on the undaunted skill line. I know you get the skill line by going to my NPC in my zone, so Vulkhel Guard at the tavern. Then what is the next step after that, is it the undaunted enclave in grahtwood and he would always give quests for undaunted pledges and keys ?

Regarding the monster sets they come in shoulder and helmet only. Shoulder from chest and monster help from final boss. What method would you theoretically go at for getting the exact set of each ? Can you get the same set from one run in a dungeon ? I mean is the probability rate for finding it in a chest not always certain but finding it in a vet dungeon confirmed ?

Lastly when are veteran dungeons unlocked? Is it a setting you choose as hard mode on dungeon finder ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Dungeons unlock at level 50, or CP 300 for Vet DLC dungeons. You can change from Normal to Veteran in the groupfinder by clicking on the shields at the top of it where it indicates the difficulty or by queuing for a Random Normal, Random Vet, or specific normal or vet dungeons.

Each final boss of a veteran dungeon will drop their corresponding helm in a random weight and trait.

The shoulders are obtained from the Undaunted chests in the enclave, which hold certain shoulders. You need to spend an Undaunted key to open the chest for an RNG chance at a random shoulder in random weight and trait. You obtain the keys by doing the Undaunted Pledges, which unlock at level 45 (if not before, I can't remember for sure) and are specific dungeons offered by three NPCs in the enclave. You get one key for each pledge, or 2 keys if you complete the pledge on Veteran Hardmode. Vet HM has specific conditions that make the final fight harder.

The only other method to get monster helms and shoulders is to buy them from the Golden Merchant, who appears in Cyrodiil Friday to Sunday night. The Golden has a random selection of either 2 helms or 2 shoulders, sold for gold in the infused trait and for AP in impenetrable.