The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would like to trade in some of these free potions / food for actual Crown Gems :(

Ravenayle
Ravenayle
✭✭✭
While I do appreciate the free stuff, my bags have a lot of free potions / food that I really don't use. I usually craft my own food, and while the exp scrolls are nice and I do like the crown gems for crafting those motifs with rarer style stones, I am probably never going to use the food or the potions /poisons.

Would it be possible in the future to allow us to trade these for Gems? There are a few things that I could actually use that are in the crown crate section. At least let us sell them to a vendor for gold, if nothing else.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unlikely to happen. Unwanted crate items can be cashed in for gems, keeping the system mostly contained. The recent surge in free crates bends these rules, but ZOS still controls the amount players get. Anything outside of the crate system can't be included in gem exchange for balance reasons. If there is any extra gems entering the system it would lead to gem inflation and too many players cashing in for items instead of buying crates. ZOS surely doesn't want that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ What he said.

Just because we can craft it does not mean we cannot use it.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if I could just stack them all together...

Having 6 different stacks of crown meals is murderer on my bag space... help us out here ffs!
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »

Having 6 different stacks of crown meals is murderer on my bag space... help us out here ffs!

No kidding! And I hate that items seem to be unable to stack together based on totally arbitrary things, not necessarily on consistent rules. Like, were they acquired on the same character? No? Then they can't stack. Oh, unless they were acquired in different characters in the same faction. Or something. I honestly haven't been able to figure some of them out (Full moon? New moon? Recently discovered comet? Celebrity death that went unacknowledged in the news and angered the devs?) and goodness knows I've tried. The ones that just cap the stack sizes at 5, 10, 200 or however-many items, those I get. But the rest seem all over the place in potential explanations.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops double post. Profuse apologies.
    Edited by Kiyakotari on June 29, 2018 12:12AM
  • Ravenayle
    Ravenayle
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Yinmaigao wrote: »

No kidding! And I hate that items seem to be unable to stack together based on totally arbitrary things, not necessarily on consistent rules. Like, were they acquired on the same character? No? Then they can't stack. Oh, unless they were acquired in different characters in the same faction. Or something. I honestly haven't been able to figure some of them out (Full moon? New moon? Recently discovered comet? Celebrity death that went unacknowledged in the news and angered the devs?) and goodness knows I've tried. The ones that just cap the stack sizes at 5, 10, 200 or however-many items, those I get. But the rest seem all over the place in potential explanations.

Or this at least ^^^