The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skill Line Unlock - bugged? workaround?

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
First of all, the hidden skill line and unlocking mechanic was one of the dumbest and most unnecessary changes ever made to this game.

Secondly, I made a new toon today and the unlocking seems to be bugged. Medium armor unlocked like it is supposed to, but light and heavy will not unlock. I tried logging in and out, I tried getting XP from various sources (monster kills, quest turn-ins, exploration, etc), and various combinations of dropped and crafted gear; but I can't get the skill lines unlocked.

Does anyone know a workaround for this bug? @ZOS_GinaBruno maybe you have some intel?

Best Answer

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Hiding the skill lines on new characters was an absolutely unnecessary change. It confuses new players even more.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The armor skill lines are supposed to unlock when you equip 3 pieces of that armor weight. If they didn't, that's a bug.