The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

3k stam reg stamdk stamblade and yet i run out of stam...

Avnr
Avnr
✭✭✭
I can hold barley 30 sec after fight start , i know about 5 sec CD dodge roll , heavy attack to restore stamina and all
I don't block , only when meteor or something big.
all armor impen , 5 med 2 heavy

stamdk werewolf , stamblade vampire , both bone pirate set for recovery
With my magnb ,magdk , no problem at all , 1800 reg and never dry

Lag? maybe? my ping 130 , fps 90+
anyone else have this problem?
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly in my experience with PvP when I ran all impen with about 2800 stam recovery, if I used dodge roll often I would run out pretty quick. And truthfully, 2800 impen from armor and CP points didn't feel like I could take more of a beating in full medium.

Also, I'd make sure to run at least one stam cost reduction glyphs on jewelry, it's way better than stam recovery, but only 1!

However when I went with all well fitted and 72 points into tumbler my life changed. I have a ton of resources at all times and survive much longer. In a tight situation I can roll 5x in a row before I notice any large loss in stamina.

You should try it.
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    Honestly in my experience with PvP when I ran all impen with about 2800 stam recovery, if I used dodge roll often I would run out pretty quick. And truthfully, 2800 impen from armor and CP points didn't feel like I could take more of a beating in full medium.

Also, I'd make sure to run at least one stam cost reduction glyphs on jewelry, it's way better than stam recovery, but only 1!

However when I went with all well fitted and 72 points into tumbler my life changed. I have a ton of resources at all times and survive much longer. In a tight situation I can roll 5x in a row before I notice any large loss in stamina.

You should try it.

well fitted...very interesting thanks for the replay
    i do pvp in non cp and BG most

But , i can change the small gear to well fitted , is it goin to change anything??
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magregen is the key. You can Cloak more often and don't bother too much about stacking cost from rolldodge.

Also consider to build for some defense like impreg armor and save ressources from not being forced to dodgeroll as much in first place.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because NBs are not made to fight for 30s. You must have lost a great deal of damage in order to get 3K recovery, hence you can't burst, and the fight drags on. 1.5-1.8K recovery should be more than enough if you play right.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    even with high regen you still have to self sustain your stamina, throw in heavy attacks here and there, dont spam dodge roll, ect ect
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you’re using the more expensive skills. Cost is important. Low sustain is doable if your skills are low cost.

Reverb and shuffle are both very high cost and are the usual offenders. Vigor is also high cost but there’s no way around it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 3k stam your sustain should be god tier , especially on a stam nb. Only class I could see running out is stamplar.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina is punished for sprinting alot harder then magicka classes. You can spec for 5000 stamina regen and the second you sprint to close/break a gap your loosing 5000 stamina every 2 seconds while loosing stamina for the cost of sprint. Zos ruined their own game introducing this mechanic. Pvp used to be a lot more fun when all builds were not so punished to run around.

Theres a reason Race Through Time has reduced Sprint Cost for 3 seconds. Instead of getting a mechanic rework we got this alternative. Doesn't change the fact regen based builds (ex: medium drink users) are punished harder then others for using sprint due to high stamina regen becoming 0 while sprinting.

Its funny that 7 heavy users can actually net more stamina after sprinting due to constitution compared to a medium user if used in short bursts.
    PS4 NA DC
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to depend on your game style.. try to record your fights and see what are you doing constantly that cost stamina... for example.. dodging and sprinting a lot.. if so then maybe put couple of well fitted traits, are you over shuffling, rally? Try getting unchained passive from CP or maybe time your buffs right.

Heres a trick on sprinting and blocking.. stam, regen ticks every 2 seconds right? So you can sprint or block before that tick happen as long as you release the sprint or block button before the 2 seconds is up. This one is tricky to master but its a great trait to have.
    Edited by RajinPVP on June 28, 2018 8:09PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    b4nn3d7337 wrote: »
    This is going to depend on your game style.. try to record your fights and see what are you doing constantly that cost stamina... for example.. dodging and sprinting a lot.. if so then maybe put couple of well fitted traits, are you over shuffling, rally? Try getting unchained passive from CP or maybe time your buffs right.

Heres a trick on sprinting and blocking.. stam, regen ticks every 2 seconds right? So you can sprint or block before that tick happen as long as you release the sprint or block button before the 2 seconds is up. This one is tricky to master but its a great trait to have.

Is it 2 seconds? Are you sure? It seems to take way way way longer in combat, literally just tested it and it highly varies from 3-5 seconds. Unless this is caused by lag. Which is pretty dumb to say the least.
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 28, 2018 11:49PM
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to go from 1500 open world recovery to 1900 unbuffed.

Siphoning strikes and weaving. Let siphon fully expire. Time your sprinting in bursts, and do a lot of walking
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

Siphoning strikes and weaving. Let siphon fully expire. Time your sprinting in bursts, and do a lot of walking
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

Siphoning strikes and weaving. Let siphon fully expire. Time your sprinting in bursts, and do a lot of walking.
    Edited by Own on June 29, 2018 12:12AM
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax changed the title of this game to Heavy Attacks Online a little over a year ago
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is punished for sprinting alot harder then magicka classes. You can spec for 5000 stamina regen and the second you sprint to close/break a gap your loosing 5000 stamina every 2 seconds while loosing stamina for the cost of sprint. Zos ruined their own game introducing this mechanic. Pvp used to be a lot more fun when all builds were not so punished to run around.

Theres a reason Race Through Time has reduced Sprint Cost for 3 seconds. Instead of getting a mechanic rework we got this alternative. Doesn't change the fact regen based builds (ex: medium drink users) are punished harder then others for using sprint due to high stamina regen becoming 0 while sprinting.

Its funny that 7 heavy users can actually net more stamina after sprinting due to constitution compared to a medium user if used in short bursts.

What... if typical magicka dps build sprints the same distance as stam build, 1 CC = game over.

As for OP, make sure you are not block cancelling because it drains stam super fast and stops recovery which can coincide with your recovery timer to not allow yourself to recovery. Other than that, 3k regen doesn't mean you can spam skills liberally. It just means you will run dry slower.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, resource drain poison is a thing.
    My sustain is usually fine unless I'm hit with these poisons, even running a mix of impen/well fitted.