Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Garden options indoors?

lgtheflash
lgtheflash
Soul Shriven
Hi all,
I'm kind of new to housing and I'm finding it really difficult to shop around trying to find what I'm looking for. I'd like to make an indoor walk-through garden with flower bed and boxes indoors. I'm having a really hard time finding soil or short grass to actually make it look like an indoor greenhouse. Most of the vendors seem to only have bushes, ferns, saplings etc. Anyone have any tips or know of which home goods vendors carry such things (I've been to over half the zones with no luck so far)?

Best Answers

• Strifur
    Strifur
    ✭✭
    I created some garden beds in my house and sunk garden hedges into the ground so the greenery is just poking above the ground and covers the inside base of the bed. Then I added flowers and it looks pretty good. I'd be interested in hearing other methods.
    Answer ✓
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skywatch home goods vendor carries a variety of hedges, which you can lay on the side to create a grassy look.

Also, if you turn some of the furry style beds (I think argonian) upside down, and place on ground, they resemble soil.
    Edited by Sharalei on June 27, 2018 11:59PM
    Answer ✓
  • lgtheflash
    lgtheflash
    Soul Shriven
    Strifur I did the same thing and then surrounded them with the curved stone walls from Alinor, so it looks like it's a raised grassy bed. It does look pretty good I'd agree with you. Im hoping there is a different method than sinking grassy hedges into the floor :)
    Edited by lgtheflash on June 28, 2018 12:45AM
  • lgtheflash
    lgtheflash
    Soul Shriven
    Skywatch home goods vendor carries a variety of hedges, which you can lay on the side to create a grassy look.

Also, if you turn some of the furry style beds (I think argonian) upside down, and place on ground, they resemble soil.

That's a great idea. I'm looking for a soil type of look (so it doesn't look like flowers are popping up out of the stones lol). I'll try that next. Thanks
    Edited by lgtheflash on June 28, 2018 12:44AM
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an outdoor garden at my Riften home and for a soil look I stacked some poison pax mushrooms on top of each other. Worked very well for me.
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    lgtheflash wrote: »

That's a great idea. I'm looking for a soil type of look (so it doesn't look like flowers are popping up out of the stones lol). I'll try that next. Thanks

For this I use Clockwork Junk Heap and turn it upside down, it gives you sort of a darker color rocky soil. I used one junk heap, one Redguard Bench, Arc and two Wax palms (Reddit trading outpost) to make little corner garden beds inside my Hews Bane palace
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    I've used the Rough Firewood, Fireplace flipped upside down to look like soil. Once you fill in with plants, you don't see much of it. I made a greenhouse in my Strident Springs home. I'm on PC NA if you want to have a look, let me know.
    PC NA