Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two noobish questions

Herzie
Herzie
Soul Shriven
Hey guys! I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light over two concerns of mine. I've started ESO couple years back but because my other half doesn't like it I didn't really play it either. Fortunately though (or unfortunately?) every time we play anything else I keep remembering ESO and how much I prefer how things are done here instead. So here I am, back again, as an old player who doesn't actually know much about the game at all.

So. I really like how you can customize your armors and paint them however you want. I don't understand tho the new outfit option. Some time ago I played during a Halloween event and had those runeboxes I think were called that had the entire Hollowjack skins thing. I was under the impression that I needed to craft those in order to wear them using the special rare materials. However, now I can just wear them by changing my outfit? Which is what I'm doing right now, but I don't understand what is now the difference between... having an outfit and having crafted armors using the specific motifs? I'm mainly wondering this because I have a ton of crafting materials which now seem to me obsolete since i can just select whatever outfit i want and not craft anything. Would be a relief to be able to just dispose of those.

Secondly, I know there's a new option now to send crown items as gifts to players. Would it be possible for me to pay someone gold and have them send me an assistant? Like a banker or a merchant? Is this something people do? And if they do, could you advise on how to go about it without getting... well, scammed?=) Is there perhaps be an option to sen d a gift to someone and request a payment or smth like that?

Thanks =)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The Outfit station lets you dye your equipped armor through the "No Outfit" selection. If you select "Outfit 1" instead, you can create and dye your outfit and weapons from the motifs you know on your account. It will cost gold or Crown Store outfit tokens to make and change your Outfit, depending on the style you choose. You can buy addition outfits per character for, the Crown Store that are not account wide.

2.it is technically allowed to trade gold for crown store gifts but as of now there is no real way to make sure you won't get scammed. ZOS designed the gifting system for gifts, not trading and it really shows.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Herzie wrote: »
    I have a ton of crafting materials which now seem to me obsolete since i can just select whatever outfit i want and not craft anything. Would be a relief to be able to just dispose of those.
    Sell them to the players that need it! there's money in them there resources! :)

& about the Game Gold for Crown Assistant exchange its very much "buyer beware" so at the least you'd be wise to do this within a Guild... Good Luck!
    Welcome Back & Have Fun!
    Edited by Pheefs on June 30, 2018 6:50PM
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your crafting materials are not obsolete. What the outfit system does is allows you to create an appearance using any known motifs on your account. It does not replace the armor that you need to be wearing for combat. It merely hides it.

Before the outfit system one would need to either craft all gear in the appearance one desired and forego dropped gear or deal with what dropped gear looked like or wear a costume to hide everything. Now you can freely mix crafted with dropped and hide the dropped pieces with outfit pieces that match the crafted or hide it all to suit your fancy.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Herzie
    Herzie
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you guys for your answers. Turns out, with the new storage chests, the style mats are actually useful and easy to store too. Havent been able to find anyone willing to sell me assistans yet but thesaid chests may fill in for them somewhat, temporarily. Great changes! Im actually very happy about this its been ages since ive seen an update that actually improved qjuality oflife forppll... for free.