The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you run Dubious in dungeons / trials , do you need points into HP?

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
Stamblade -

Just curious. If I run dubious in some vet trials / 4 man vet dungeons. The dubious helps with my sustain on Khajiit but obviously I have lower HP.

Edited by Azyle1 on June 27, 2018 4:07PM
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run a heavy piece, and as long as you have Juggernaut and Undaunted Mettle passives you should be fine as long as the tank runs Ebon. However, if you find yourself dying a lot, you might want to put a health enchant on a big piece.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run a heavy piece, and as long as you have Juggernaut and Undaunted Mettle passives you should be fine as long as the tank runs Ebon. However, if you find yourself dying a lot, you might want to put a health enchant on a big piece.

Thanks. I do run a 6-1 set with a heavy piece and have those skill points taken care of.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on your ability to react to mechanics. I’ve seen some individuals running low health with no issues and pulling very high DPS. However there is no room for error, a single missed block or dodge means death. Blade cloak can help with some damage sources, but I would recommend running ~15k health only if you are very comfortable with the content.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on your ability to react to mechanics. I’ve seen some individuals running low health with no issues and pulling very high DPS. However there is no room for error, a single missed block or dodge means death. Blade cloak can help with some damage sources, but I would recommend running ~15k health only if you are very comfortable with the content.

Because of Synergies in Trials I can usually just throw on Blue food there. It's the vet dungeons where I may not have enough to get stam back.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

Because of Synergies in Trials I can usually just throw on Blue food there. It's the vet dungeons where I may not have enough to get stam back.

Problem is that not every tank runs Ebon in dungeons. I recommend having one extra gear with a Health Enchant on your inventory just in case.

But the only dungeon I can think of that it would make a difference is Falkreath last boss and Fang Lair, both on HM, arguably.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather the tank have first dibs on synergies for alkosh than stam dps wanting to boost their dps by a measly 1k or so running blue food.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »

I would rather the tank have first dibs on synergies for alkosh than stam dps wanting to boost their dps by a measly 1k or so running blue food.

All DPS pop synergies in trials. If your healers are good, there is more than enough to go around. If your build does not rely on synergies to sustain a 10 mintute fight, you arent min/maxed. Not saying everyone should truely min/max, but a damage dealer should not feel bad about using synergies to sustain.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not saying a DPS should feel bad for using them. Just saying I hope that the tank would get first dibs.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam nb shouldn't need dubious to sustain. In trials you should be getting synergies and in dungeons the fights are so short it shouldn't matter if you are getting synergies. If for some reason you do need dubious to sustain, it's up to you to figure out what health threshold you feel comfortable at.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the skills to not die with that low of health, sure.

However, there are some mechanics that will kill you 100% of the time due to your health. For example, in VAA Valariel fight, if you do the normal strategy of leaving 1 add alive, you will be hit with 17k oblivion damage, and you will die. So you must either bump your health up for that fight, or make sure your tank is running Ebon or have a warhorn active.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »
    Not saying a DPS should feel bad for using them. Just saying I hope that the tank would get first dibs.

Usually, you have a healer throwing shards directly on the boss for tank and throwing bubbles to the DPS. I do get your point. It's also going to vary by group. Keeping a mediocre group full of health and giving out an abundance of synergies is not always an easy job for the healer.