The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My favourite after each patch, Failed to download patch manifest

Adeathane
Adeathane
Soul Shriven
Here we go again, new patch, new maintenance.. i get home, hyped to farm them CPs.. and then i get slapped with this piece of art ez12ip38wsig.png

I honestly think this modern piece is an amazing piece from an author that know's what he is doing.. i literally CAN'T stop looking at it.

Sarcasm aside:
What is happening : I can't patch, launch or repair game because it wont download patch manifest..
Is this new issue?: No, this happened 2 weeks ago aswell...
What solved it before? : i opened ticket, no response, so i closed it after the problem solved itself after two days or so..
What have i tried: Everything on the troubleshooting page.. everything.. and by everything i mean i tried every possible tip that was there, on reddit, everything i could find on google
What im hoping to accomplish here: Im looking for someone who has this repeating problem too and might have a solution for me other than just "play different game for two days and then it will fix itself"

Last time there was problem with Telecom Italy, where zenimax had to solve it with them.. i guess the same problem is happening now.. personally my provider is my university, that has their internet connection from CESNET which is a group of academics and universities providing fast speed fibre for students, faculties and stuff.. basically dope-ass fibre for free.. everything works fine outside of these "dark days".. so i guess ill put this here..

This one wishes you a dope ass day (except the people mentioned in PS)

PS: Default answer anytime i ask is people telling me to go thru all the steps on the troubleshooting page, which i mentioned before every time and said i did that and it didn't help.. so if anyone tries suggesting that blindly (ill respect it when its someone saying "this helped me"), then ill stop sorting my trash and kill the planet for the future generations, so i recommend you think of your children!

• Adeathane
    Adeathane
    Soul Shriven
    Additional info:
    a) homepage http://www.ElderScrollsOnline.com/ won't load for me but any other subpage will
    b) I can't manually download the manifest file, it won't even start
    c) running as admin won't change a thing (i run all games as admin on default, running it normally does nothing aswell)
    d) downloading programdata folder results in launcher not getting to the download part at all because it gets stuck on the loading screen, where it tries to recreate the folder and it can'T do it.. if i put the programdata folder back, it works again, but i get the piece of art mentioned in the OP
    e) repair has the same problem as regular download
    f) reinstalling the game does nothing, i can't download it.. and you definately won't be able to guess why...
  • Adeathane
    Adeathane
    Soul Shriven
    seems to have "self fixed" now and by that i mean good job ppl at zenimax, but ill leave this on so this info is available for future fixes
  • Redrixs
    Redrixs
    ✭✭
    This is happening to me now, it worked 1 hour ago, and now this started...
  • Redrixs
    Redrixs
    ✭✭
    This is happening to me now, it worked 1 hour ago, and now this started...
  • Redrixs
    Redrixs
    ✭✭
    Well it works again now....weird....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch manifest errors are about the most annoying ones out there. So much so that I have not used the launcher for years other than to patch the game.

For best patching performance
    1. Reboot machine to clear game out of memory
    2. Run the Patcher (Formerly known as the Launcher)
    3. When done use a shortcut to the ESO64.exe to launch the game
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Adeathane
    Adeathane
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Patch manifest errors are about the most annoying ones out there. So much so that I have not used the launcher for years other than to patch the game.

For best patching performance
    1. Reboot machine to clear game out of memory
    2. Run the Patcher (Formerly known as the Launcher)
    3. When done use a shortcut to the ESO64.exe to launch the game

What do you mean by the patcher? which executable is that?