Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamplar or Magplar, thats the new question...answer is?

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Yea, pretty much straight up what the title says/asks. What are people favouring and why? For PVE of course and yea, both are viable but in folks opinions/experiences which is inching ahead, or to a better point, more fun? Yea, what is fun for one could suck for another but humor me....not here to judge answers just get a basic feel for how they play out, that's all. I have a DK in each respective build and am just curious how Templar is in the same light.
Cheers all!
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina class is generic dual-wield/2h + bow. So it's usually same for any class - Endless hail, Injection, Craze, Tornado, Strikes, Daggers etc.

Magicka based class plays more originally. They use skills no other classes have. So if you looking more unique play, then go magicka. Only if you won't think like "Blazing Spear is basically same as Liquid Lighting with different visual effect and less damage" ofcuz )

Also magplar could be a healer or hybrid in vet dungeons (not dlc, not trials).
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Stamina class is generic dual-wield/2h + bow. So it's usually same for any class - Endless hail, Injection, Craze, Tornado, Strikes, Daggers etc.

Magicka based class plays more originally. They use skills no other classes have. So if you looking more unique play, then go magicka. Only if you won't think like "Blazing Spear is basically same as Liquid Lighting with different visual effect and less damage" ofcuz )

Also magplar could be a healer or hybrid in vet dungeons (not dlc, not trials).

A magplar is still the best healer and a good dps for vet dungeons vet trials (all DLC) :)
    Edited by BaneOfBattler on June 27, 2018 9:24AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A magplar is still the best healer and a good dps for vet dungeons vet trials (all DLC) :)
    i mean not hybrid one. I found super fun to play melee dd/healer vet dungeons. You need to know mechanics, avoid AoE, you need HoT, sometimes burst, buffs for group and sustain. And you still do damage. 20-25k (more heal - less dps, less heal - more dps) from my hybrid magplar is very ok for PUGs, i think. Super fun and diverse gameplay.

I hate that pathetic Healing Springs spam healers in vet dungeons. They just a burden for group. A true brainless healing bot )
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is very strong in trials running advancing yokeda and relequen.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it sounds like they are pretty equal in terms of dps? Pretty much how you play em?
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Yea, pretty much straight up what the title says/asks. What are people favouring and why? For PVE of course and yea, both are viable but in folks opinions/experiences which is inching ahead, or to a better point, more fun? Yea, what is fun for one could suck for another but humor me....not here to judge answers just get a basic feel for how they play out, that's all. I have a DK in each respective build and am just curious how Templar is in the same light.
    Cheers all!

Both are about the same tbh in terms of DPS, but I honestly personally feel that Stamina is pulling ahead right now.

As to which is more fun for me, I personally prefer stamina as I love the archetypes the class allows.

Paladins are always a classic to me, as are warrior clerics, but personally I really dig the Monster/Daedra Hunter/Inquisitor vibe I got going on atm. Imagine if a Paladin and a Witcher had a baby, that's kinda how I view my Templar.

Also, offtopic but I've noticed that each class ZoS made for this is basically a template to make the O.G Classes from the early TES games, with Templar being the template for the Witch Hunter, Crusader, Pilgrim, etc classes.

Neat.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!