The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Healers need more incentive for Battlegrounds.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I want you to see this latest battleground... it's not to "big myself up". Nor is it to bash the other players - they were all fine and dandy. Now... you see on the Storm Lords team that player that finished with the least amount of points and looked like he/she got carried? You'd be totally wrong...

They healed their butts off and were almost certainly the difference maker in the final result. I don't know them personally, but their sacrifice was not unduly noted. Can we offer up some more points for healers who hit certain amounts of dmg healed in each battleground? Same principal should go for tanks that soak up all that damage too...

qmsiG6E.jpg
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, healing is often overlooked and lacks awards and the different titles dps can get.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, but why not highlight the healers stats in the screenshot so we can see the disparity rather than showing off your own? Or show both for comparison?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This screenshot in another thread is a perfect example.
    • PC/NA
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I agree, but why not highlight the healers stats in the screenshot so we can see the disparity rather than showing off your own? Or show both for comparison?

When I took the screenshot originally it was to show a guildie that was in guild chat for an unrelated issue. It's only when I looked at it myself and realized, that checker_ch, who had kept us all alive through large damage attacks, that I felt horrible for them. I have a healer, and I wouldn't dream of going into BGs with them - but some people have healers as their mains and that makes achievement getting quite tough for them.

That image you shared in the other group - I'm betting isn't far away from what this person put up..
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like doing 2m worth of healing should be equivalent to a 5k score in deathmatch, that's a hell of a number to reach. Like 150 points for every 100k of healing you do for starters.
    • PC/NA
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the current system is quite good. Healing only shouldn't be encouraged.

Healing is the easiest job by far, eso builds are very self sufficient so a healer (in my opinion) should always assist kills, cc and contribute by other means. As soon as you start doing that you will get more medals than anyone else. A healer that is solely focusing on healing is not being efficient.

I am playing assist heal in BGs (magwarden) and I like that the system forces me to actually contribute even when my team's HP bars are not on dangerous levels instead of mindlessly spamming heals. If you want to know how to become a good healer, ask @Cinbri. He usually beats all DDs in damage done while providing enough healing to not let the group drop. And in consequence is scoring more points than most other players.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean.. im inclined to agree, but a good healer imo knows the balancing act of healing just enough and still adding offensive pressure in small scale.

7E2XMtu.jpg

Admittedly its easier to do that on a NB healer but still. Most templar healers tend to be heal bots. There are a few ive had the privilege of playing with and against that deliver a punch still heal effectively. Im curious if the healer in question is a tempar.

But yes, sometimes there are scenarios where you literally cant do anything but heal non stop, but i would expect the healing figures in that scenario to be clost to 2 mil with at least one teammate being a tanky damage sponge and the rest glass cannons.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 27, 2018 5:57PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the current system is quite good. Healing only shouldn't be encouraged.

Healing is the easiest job by far, eso builds are very self sufficient so a healer (in my opinion) should always assist kills, cc and contribute by other means. As soon as you start doing that you will get more medals than anyone else. A healer that is solely focusing on healing is not being efficient.

I am playing assist heal in BGs (magwarden) and I like that the system forces me to actually contribute even when my team's HP bars are not on dangerous levels instead of mindlessly spamming heals. If you want to know how to become a good healer, ask @Cinbri. He usually beats all DDs in damage done while providing enough healing to not let the group drop. And in consequence is scoring more points than most other players.

Pretty much this. There is a time and place to go straight heal bot. But its almost always better to heal when its critically needed but not constantly obsess over maxing out life bars especially when most solid pvp builds generally have a slight form of self preservation built in.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh for sure, I'm not suggesting that a healer doesn't add to the DPS and give other support - and most usually do, but we shouldn't also punish pure healers either. Tanks have their modes in BGs to stack up points (Chaosball and Capture the Relic specifically) but healers do not...

Would just like to encourage some diversity. I know myself, I'd be interested taking a healer into BGs if it were viable... I get bored of just smacking whatever is in front of me.. lol
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Oh for sure, I'm not suggesting that a healer doesn't add to the DPS and give other support - and most usually do, but we shouldn't also punish pure healers either. Tanks have their modes in BGs to stack up points (Chaosball and Capture the Relic specifically) but healers do not...

Would just like to encourage some diversity. I know myself, I'd be interested taking a healer into BGs if it were viable... I get bored of just smacking whatever is in front of me.. lol

I got you. It is a little disheartening when you know for sure that you as a healer are the reason your team won and some neck beard mag sorc with 400k damage and 30 killing blows tells everyone "your welcome" at the end score screen of TDM game. :wink:
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chaosball at least does seem to reward healers accordingly:

https://imgur.com/a/7sDhg5b
    • PC/NA
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Chaosball at least does seem to reward healers accordingly:

https://imgur.com/a/7sDhg5b

Good to know!! I guess that's the mode I'll play with my healer then!!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

I got you. It is a little disheartening when you know for sure that you as a healer are the reason your team won and some neck beard mag sorc with 400k damage and 30 killing blows tells everyone "your welcome" at the end score screen of TDM game. :wink:

For sure!! It's one of the reasons I don't even comment like that. It's a team thing - win and lose as a team, man... that's my ethos.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is that not team bonus?
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you heal for 2 mil ima find you irl and break your pc, unless you are on my team
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think healers are the most valuable members, I don’t care if that’s all they’re doing. If you’re healing for 1mill plus you’re going to make an impact on the final score.

I also think it’s somewhat bias to say pure healers shouldn’t get rewarded when pure dps get rewarded a lot.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree w OP that healing should award more medals in Deathmatches.

I think healing medals in Chaosball and on capture points is very fair.

As far as CTR and domination go, those game modes are not even PVP-based so trying to fix pvp medals for them is moot.
    PCNA