The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Top 10 Reasons AD is Awesome

adirondack
adirondack
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday while grinding my 9th AD character to Tier 3 rewards on NA Vivec, I ran into my old friend David Letterman. As I have mentioned in previous posts, Dave is an old family friend - and here he was again surprising me - and playing PvP on AD. So I struck up conversation and asked, "Dave, I thought you were solving the European banking crisis, why are you playing on AD? Is this really how you want to spend your in-game time?"

And again, being the kind, gentle grandfatherly sort he always is, Dave looks me in the eye and with a serious look on his face, answers, "Ray, lemme give you my personal Top 10 Reasons AD is Awesome".

10. Most intellectually stimulating zone chat
9. Someone has to defend Roe farm
8. That bridge d-tick is gonna happen soon
7. Several hundred AD still haven't made it through BRK front door
6. Still searching for the tequila stash at Ash. Every 20 mins.
5. We're all wearing VD now, so only need to get one kill
4. One day we'll prove you can defend Sejanus with just oils and snipe. It will happen.
3. It's the bottom of the hour - time to take Drakelowe
2. Iskra-ology. The church of eternal loser marginal faction playing for EP garbage. Surreal.

And the #1 reason AD is awesome is:
1. Bow light attacks are way stronger now

I was stunned and awed at Dave's insight. I'm going to share all I have learned in AD zone chat this evening while wearing VD at the Alessia bridge and practicing my new religion of Iskra-ology with bow light attacks. Until it is time to take Drake again.

Until next time, Ray
Ray
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome stuff Ray.

We (TM) find it very satisfying to take our group and clear the bridge when EP sets up yet another farm there. Just bomb them to smithereens. The pugs usually follow us in and help clean up stragglers. Then for an encore they push up to Sej and die there instead.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, the only reason I would ever consider playing AD, being as I'm a staunch EP loyalist myself, is this:

AD has the best access to all the Ocean fishing holes.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD chat is far better than DC, I’ll give you guys that.

I log in a Saturday, and as usual there’s a blue ocean Zerg at Roe, a Red ocean at Alesia, and you’ve got Drac running around in one of the three home keeps farming anyone who comes to defend..

All this - and AD chat is telling JOKES and BSing. Like it’s no big deal, it happens every day. DC and EP zone chat absolutely lose their ***.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, the only reason I would ever consider playing AD, being as I'm a staunch EP loyalist myself, is this:

AD has the best access to all the Ocean fishing holes.

I can honestly say I've never seen Dave fish. Stranger things have happened, tho. Maybe we'll all evacuate Faregyl next time Dracarys comes for dinner and go fishing in the south together. Kumbaya!
    Ray
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I log in a Saturday, and as usual there’s a blue ocean Zerg at Roe, a Red ocean at Alesia, and you’ve got Drac running around in one of the three home keeps farming anyone who comes to defend..

All this - and AD chat is telling JOKES and BSing. Like it’s no big deal, it happens every day. DC and EP zone chat absolutely lose their ***.

I'd love to say "AD has lost their sh.t so much they can't possibly be full of it..." If wishes were dollars...

The point is, it's just a game. Roll with it and play. We're all here to have fun and forget about life for a while.
    Ray
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I'm proud AD handled such a freak occurrence so well. In case something so unlikely should again occur, it's comforting to know AD will be okay.
    Edited by zyk on June 27, 2018 12:03AM
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second point is very hard to read but i think i get the meaning.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get me Dave's autograph? I watched his show all the time growing up.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC has a zone chat...?
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD just has it worst. They have trash landscape (compared to the beautiful north territory), they have 2 towns in close proximity that the enemy can use to stage attacks (whereas you’ll never capture Bruma for the quest as there is a constant stream of DC and EP there), and they’re always the easy choice for a dog pile once DC and EP decide that they have battled over Chalamo long enough now.

I wouldn’t want to play DC or EP regularly.
    Edited by Feanor on June 27, 2018 7:01AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    AD just has it worst. They have trash landscape (compared to the beautiful north territory), they have 2 towns in close proximity that the enemy can use to stage attacks (whereas you’ll never capture Bruma for the quest as there is a constant stream of DC and EP there), and they’re always the easy choice for a dog pile once DC and EP decide that they have battled over Chalamo long enough now.

That feeling when the joke goes right over your salty little head.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

To be fair, not everyone knows who David Letterman is.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who are too young and unable to use Google, here is Late Show with David Letterman
    Ray
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a new char in AD specifically for the bridge...
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.7 on the list really made me laugh.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    No.7 on the list really made me laugh.
    If nothing else AD is a source of endless optimism
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Yesterday while grinding my 9th AD character to Tier 3 rewards on NA Vivec, I ran into my old friend David Letterman. As I have mentioned in previous posts, Dave is an old family friend - and here he was again surprising me - and playing PvP on AD. So I struck up conversation and asked, "Dave, I thought you were solving the European banking crisis, why are you playing on AD? Is this really how you want to spend your in-game time?"

And again, being the kind, gentle grandfatherly sort he always is, Dave looks me in the eye and with a serious look on his face, answers, "Ray, lemme give you my personal Top 10 Reasons AD is Awesome".

10. Most intellectually stimulating zone chat
    9. Someone has to defend Roe farm
    8. That bridge d-tick is gonna happen soon
    7. Several hundred AD still haven't made it through BRK front door
    6. Still searching for the tequila stash at Ash. Every 20 mins.
    5. We're all wearing VD now, so only need to get one kill
    4. One day we'll prove you can defend Sejanus with just oils and snipe. It will happen.
    3. It's the bottom of the hour - time to take Drakelowe
    2. Iskra-ology. The church of eternal loser marginal faction playing for EP garbage. Surreal.

And the #1 reason AD is awesome is:
    1. Bow light attacks are way stronger now

I was stunned and awed at Dave's insight. I'm going to share all I have learned in AD zone chat this evening while wearing VD at the Alessia bridge and practicing my new religion of Iskra-ology with bow light attacks. Until it is time to take Drake again.

Until next time, Ray

lol you must play on pc and not Xbox.

• adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people play this game on xbox?
    Ray
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    people play this game?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

Salty? Nah.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.