The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nirnhoned vs Charged w/ shock

Zeromaz
Zeromaz
✭✭✭✭
As far as strictly damage goes, does the 8% concussed damage far outweigh a Nirnhoned weapon trait? I’m curious to know (as a stam NB) would i be raging more with an almost guaranteed concussed or the extra 200 weapon damage from Nirn. Specifically on DW with an infused offhand and charged/nirnhoned mainhand. What are your experiences?
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concussed is a status effect , that is not constant or guaranteed every cast

Nirn is a constant damage boost every cast

Nirn wins.

Your ' Almost guaranteed concussed ' is about 65%

20% weapon chant x 225% (?) at gold level
    Edited by molecule on June 26, 2018 2:04PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    Concussed is a status effect , that is not constant or guaranteed every cast

Nirn is a constant damage boost every cast

Nirn wins.

Your ' Almost guaranteed concussed ' is about 65%

20% weapon chant x 225% (?) at gold level

Then add infused, which will proc that shock enchant 50% less cooldown and higher DMG.

There's benefits and downsides to both. Nirn isn't going to help you beat heavily armor values but will help on shields, charged/infused mean you give up armor pen traits, concussed does make your target take 8% extra DMG from ALL sources so your friends can get 8% extra DMG.
    Edited by Minno on June 26, 2018 6:23PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charged is an awful trait on 1h weapons.

What second enchant did you plan to use on the infused offhand though?

Generally I would go nirn mainhand with weapon damage enchant and infused offhand with shock enchant for dual wield.
    You can also use disease enchant (probably best option on CP campaign) since it will do abit higher damage (scaling from weapon penetration and crit, where the shock glyph scales from spell penetration and crit). But since diseased status effect was nerfed to 4 second duration down from 8 seconds, and with the increase in argonian population, I wouldn't recommend this anymore.

Also one thing to keep in mind when comparing status effects to straight damage modifiers: They don't work on shielded targets.
    Edited by glavius on June 27, 2018 6:46PM
    Options
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Charged is an awful trait on 1h weapons.

What second enchant did you plan to use on the infused offhand though?

Generally I would go nirn mainhand with weapon damage enchant and infused offhand with shock enchant for dual wield.
    You can also use disease enchant (probably best option on CP campaign) since it will do abit higher damage (scaling from weapon penetration and crit, where the shock glyph scales from spell penetration and crit). But since diseased status effect was nerfed to 4 second duration down from 8 seconds, and with the increase in argonian population, I wouldn't recommend this anymore.

Also one thing to keep in mind when comparing status effects to straight damage modifiers: They don't work on shielded targets.

I’m using weapon damage enchant infused offhand at the moment
    Options