Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon knight Stam damage build

mr450degrees
I have a dragon knight with 103cp all attributes is in Stanina and was wondering what abilities shoukd i invest in and what armor i should go for any help thanks NA Region Xbox one Gamertag Crusheddogman.

Best Answers

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all you should get 160CP, as this is the CP cap for gear. After that you can start to gear up without outleveling your gear. Then I would recommend looking up guides, important here is that you find reliable information as there are many bad guides out there. Try checking if those players have experience in endgame content to show and look up different guides for reference. The meta is usually rally straight forward, so if you see multiple good players using the same build and performing well, it's usually worth giving it a try. Most endgame builds use rather hard to get gear though, so you might want to look for easier to get gear first, usually that is crafted gear.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Answer ✓
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a dragon knight with 103cp all attributes is in Stanina and was wondering what abilities shoukd i invest in and what armor i should go for any help thanks NA Region Xbox one Gamertag Crusheddogman.

What FakeFox said, get to cp160 before farming for gear. There are quite a few builds out there, pretty polpular is alcasthq.com (he uses a lot of trial gear so it might be out of reach for you right now.) so make sure to check out xynodegaming.com too, these are rather uniqe builds which in most cases dont require trial gear. Dont make the mistake and think that those are bad, you can do 95% of the content without problems using his builds.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
    Answer ✓
  • mr450degrees
    thanks A lot guys i really appreciate the feedback and help will do i been girding a bit i'm now Cp145 just a lil more to go
    Answer ✓
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks A lot guys i really appreciate the feedback and help will do i been girding a bit i'm now Cp145 just a lil more to go

I highly suggest looking up what build you want in Google. For example, what I do, for my most recent character I created, a Stamina Dragon Knight, I googled "Stamina Dragon Knight build" and I always search if Alcast has a build for what I am looking for.

He usually does, and his are generally in the first few links that come up. What I like about his builds, is that he has the recommended gear sets that would be ideal for that build, then he also has recommended gear sets for beginners. I am cp360 or 370, in that ballpark, so I have not yet done things that reward be the better, recommended gear, so I usually have someone craft me the beginner's gear. Take Law of Julianos, for example.

Hope this helps, too.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
    Answer ✓
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pve:

Hundings rage/spriggins is a decent setup and easy to get. Kragh for monster set. Dual wield/ bow

Pvp:

Don't. But really I liked 7th legion/werewolf hide. Blood spawn monster set. 2h axe or sword/ sword and board.

Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Answer ✓
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks i got a friend making the hunding rage set for me now appreciate it everyone

Get 3 body pieces hundings and weapons. This will save you the trouble of having to farm whatever second sets weapons are... they can be hell to farm sometimes. Also look at a website called fextralife for named drops from world bosses. You can farm those as well. It can take up to an hour farming before you'll see the named drop just to warn you. If you need any more help just message me on here. Good luck!
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Answer ✓
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The builds out there are mostly for experienced players, that play in well coordinated trail groups. For beginners, players who PuG or play solo, those builds are less than ideal, due to insufficient sustain, healing and burst. They are also dependent on using potions, which are rather expensive for new players, to get important buffs such as Major Brutality and Savagery. One simple build that I still use when going solo or clearing vMA on my DK is the 2H/Bow one:

Reverse Slice | Brawler | Venomous Claw | Flames of Oblivion | Rally || Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Poison Injection | Endless Hail | Rearming Trap | Noxious Breath | Molten Armaments* || Corrosive Armor**
    * or Resolving Vigor if you feel you don't have enough healing
    ** or Ballista if you need high single target burst or Standard of Might if you need AoE

Buff: Rally -> Bar Swap -> Molten Armaments ->
    Rotation: Light Attack -> Noxious Breath -> Light Attack -> Rearming Trap -> Light Attack -> Endless Hail -> Light Attack -> Poison Injection -> Bar Swap -> Heavy Attack -> Brawler -> Heavy Attack -> Venomous Claw -> Light Attack -> Flames of Oblivion [repeat, reapply buffs every 2nd or 3rd rotation]. In execute phase (target <30%) do Heavy Attack -> Reverse Slice 3x instead of the usual front bar rotation.

This build has all the important buffs:
    - Rally - Major Brutality (+20% Weapon Damage)
    - Molten Armaments - gives +40% damage to your heavy attacks, also gives Minor Brutality (+5%) weapon damage from class passive Eternal Mountain
    - Flames of Oblivion - Major Savagery (+10% Weapon Critical) and Major Prophecy (+10% Spell Critical)
    - Noxious Breath - AoE Major Fracture (-5280 physical resistance on target) and also 30% snare from Warmth class passive.
    - Rearming Trap - Minor Force (+10% critical hit bonus) and also immobilizes a target
    The other skills just do damage, mostly DoT (Damage over Time)

Gear is less important, just be sure you wear at least 5 medium armor for class passives. Be sure to only start crafting/farming/buying armor when you reach CP160, since that's the maximum level for gear, and once obtained you can keep using it indefinitely. My recommendation is to go 1 Light 5 Medium 1 Heavy or 5 Medium 2 Heavy for extra resources. This is easy to achieve if you use one crafted and 1 dropped set.

A good beginner combo is 5 Hunding's Rage (crafted, 6 traits) and 5 Spriggan's Thorns (dropped in Bangkorai). Hunding: Heavy: chest, light waist, medium feet, all divines, maximum stamina enchantment, 2H sword infused or nirnhoned, berserker or poison enchantment, Bow infused, berserker enchantment. Spriggan: Jewelry (drops wit robust) with weapon damage enchant, divines hands and legs drop with stamina enchants. Provisionally you can also craft head and shoulder from another set. I recommend crafting the latter at CP150 and leaving them blue, since they are sort of throw away, only to be used till you get a decent monster set. Since at low CP you'll be low health, that's what you should focus on, so an easily accessible set is Ashen Grip (craftable, 2 traits), also craft those in divines and enchant with maximum stamina.

Since you should have plenty of penetration already, you can use Warrior mundus. You'll do heavy attacks so sustain won't be a problem either, and you can use blue maximum health and stamina food. This is a bit problematic until you hit CP150, since you'll have to learn recipes and craft various tiers (or have someone crafted for you) so I actually recommend getting a few dozen Orzorga's Tripe Trifle Pocket to use till you hit the maximum tier, since it scales to your level; the recipe is easily obtainable from a quest in Wrothgar (Orsinium DLC) or simply buy it off guild traders or have someone craft it for you.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Answer ✓
  • mr450degrees
    Thanks i got a friend making the hunding rage set for me now appreciate it everyone
  • mr450degrees
    I didn't think i would get this much help i really appreciate it thanks a bunch really detailed