The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Amount of players declined in DC

pkuronen
pkuronen
✭✭✭
Earlier I had to queue to play DC but now it seems I can go straight in more often. Seen a lot of yellow and red co-op which must have and effect.

Why DC people do not co-op with another factions? All vs DC is something from the history?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pkuronen wrote: »
    Earlier I had to queue to play DC but now it seems I can go straight in more often. Seen a lot of yellow and red co-op which must have and effect.

Why DC people do not co-op with another factions? All vs DC is something from the history?

CTnrV8Q.gif

PC/ XBOX/ PS? EU/ NA? Campaign?
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amount of players in cyrodiil primetime has declined. Big period. Those left are "friends". Dont pug cyrodiil anymore.
    Options
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    EU PC Vivec. Sry forgot the most important.
    Options
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    Declined what? I’m really trying, but I honestly don’t understand what you mean.
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The population has declined, queues have become smaller and smaller since Summerset, some evenings I even log in to find myself in Cyrodiil. Yesterday, EP wasn't even locked until 9:30 PM ish
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really understand, like declined what?
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on June 26, 2018 4:16PM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
    Options
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    The population has declined, queues have become smaller and smaller since Summerset, some evenings I even log in to find myself in Cyrodiil. Yesterday, EP wasn't even locked until 9:30 PM ish

That helps, thanks. We’re seeing the same thing on the PC NA side. During prime time I load right into Cyrodiil most nights because there’s no DC queue. AD shows pop lock during that time, but I’d be surprised if they actually had a queue.

We hoped at first that it was just temporary and related to the Summerset launch, but it seems to be the new normal.
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pkuronen wrote: »

To be honest DC is made of self proclaimed pros mostly. Some are streamers. DC elitism will be at highest. No wonder DC always have low pop. They wont take any newbies in their group. And dont spend anything to train them or even include them. Usually play for few hours and go away. New bie will be most part left alone.

AD is mixed bag often have good / bad players. Mostly tolerable to anyone and include every one in a huge group, even spy for opponent alliance !!!! Even a person new to PVP will have a group . Will have a guild on very first day. APs will flow like anything abolutely free. Usually 20 percent of group will carry most group weight.

EP is little bit between. EP will be cautious taking any new one to group. You will get a group/ guild eventually, only if all your characters are EP. Otherwise you will be left alone in most part.

Mostly it will be ALL vs AD in most part, because pugz can be easily farmed.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on June 26, 2018 9:06PM
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    amount of players in cyrodiil primetime has declined. Big period. Those left are "friends". Dont pug cyrodiil anymore.
    Yeah. It's gotten bad. I kind of wish Cyrodiil uses a method similar to Battlegrounds. When you queue it assigns you to a random faction to help ensure each one more or less has a similar amount of players.
    Options
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Yeah. It's gotten bad. I kind of wish Cyrodiil uses a method similar to Battlegrounds. When you queue it assigns you to a random faction to help ensure each one more or less has a similar amount of players.

Pls no.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this the same thing that AD complained about 8 months ago? I'm not so sure if you realize it or not but the population hasn't declined they just flopped to another faction. Don't worry though eventually numbers will even themselves out because we all know the players are all capable of making good choices for fairness.

On the other side. Since we all know most of the population is stacking over on that red side of the map. Why doesn't DC and AD just gang up on EP 100% of the time in order to make them happy.
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox, we went from having a queue of 50-100 to an instant queue because pvp is broken.
    Options
  • riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody wants to deal with permafreezing every 5-10 minutes (or less), invisible players, nearly unplayable lag, glitched posters walls, etc etc etc. Can you blame them?
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Isn't this the same thing that AD complained about 8 months ago? I'm not so sure if you realize it or not but the population hasn't declined they just flopped to another faction. Don't worry though eventually numbers will even themselves out because we all know the players are all capable of making good choices for fairness.

On the other side. Since we all know most of the population is stacking over on that red side of the map. Why doesn't DC and AD just gang up on EP 100% of the time in order to make them happy.

This is a PC EU post. It's nice to see you advocating for cross-factional alliances though the Queen will be proud :)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on June 28, 2018 1:23PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can log straight into Cyrodiil Vivec EU primetime without any queue recently, which was unheard of before.
    So either Yes, the population has declined, or they have stealthily increased population cap - maybe in anticipation of the Midyear Mayhem event?
    I guess quite a few people could still be completing Summerset instead of PVPing, or maybe they just got tired of all the bugs, glitches and exploiters on the map.
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP population got less in general it feels like. Or they went to other campaigns. on EU,DC is very, very much on Shor - and recently they've come back to Sotha Sil as well.

EP is stuck, mainly, in Sotha Sil as always. Although they do enjoy the casual "Let's stack 60 ppl in Bleak/Chal and defend against the 60 DC" on Vivec.

AD is... at High-pop in the morning, but their population fall dramaticially in the evening once their morning-capped emperor is deposed. They seem so lost after that. Even logged my AD a couple of times and found ~20 AD standing in base after losing emp.

Its just the way it goes.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU PC Vivec is very very quiet, and its a downgoing spiral now. Well, I suppose early morning ad wont notice :P .
    Explanation is quite simple; pugs (most players used to be pugs) log in, see each faction stacked in one or two keeps, and all fighting is smallscale in some tower. Pugs go to tower only to be farmed, pugs leave. Smallscalers doesnt wanna attack other smallscalers, cause theyre friends. Smallscalers realize pugs left, smallscalers leave. Day over early morning cap starts. Repeat. Only difference is, more and more pugs just stopped entering because they know the drill now. Maybe just remove resource towers is an idea.
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on June 28, 2018 11:35AM
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EU PC Vivec is very very quiet, and its a downgoing spiral now. Well, I suppose early morning ad wont notice :P .
    Explanation is quite simple; pugs (most players used to be pugs) log in, see each faction stacked in one or two keeps, and all fighting is smallscale in some tower. Pugs go to tower only to be farmed, pugs leave. Smallscalers doesnt wanna attack other smallscalers, cause theyre friends. Smallscalers realize pugs left, smallscalers leave. Day over early morning cap starts. Repeat. Only difference is, more and more pugs just stopped entering because they know the drill now. Maybe just remove resource towers is an idea.

I'm sorry , you said pugs are disheartened by small scalers?
    From my experience it only fuels their hatred... farmed in tower or somewhere else by the way, they always come back with three times the numbers and chase you down to oblivion for 10 min. People who are discouraged don't do that
    Edited by Etaniel on June 28, 2018 2:03PM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From my experience it only fuels their hatred... farmed in tower or somewhere else by the way, they always come back with three times the numbers and chase you down to oblivion for 10 min. People who are discouraged don't do that

I take it you are a smallscaler. Well, from a pugs perspective, I can assure you the numbers of pugs have decreased by a lot, a great deal, lately. Meanwhile the number of smallscalers camping resource towers has grown expotentially. Apart froma few hours at most during primetime, keeps are very rarely being challenged. Resource towers are on the other hand camped all the time and always. The time where smallscalers fuelled the hatred of pugs is gone. Somewhere around easter. Resource towers are now flipped occationally by organized groups, not pug blobs. And ye, it gets flipped back a moment or two later. Still, I can not understand why smallscalers really want. They dont want to fight other smallscalers (friends. Thats why we have this incredibly boring situation). They get angry when zerged down (according to your own answer), and they flee when organized groups are in the area. For me, the only opponent smallscalers want, are randomly numbered pugs running disorganized and preferably in max a pair into their resource tower. For me, the situation is the epithome of a dead rvr zone. This is the endgame, just like it was in other rvr games reaching its natural end. Only playground for friends and a handful few romantizising about ye olde time.

Just a few weeks ago I could easily log in around midnight and find ok fights both smallscale, gvg and the zerg vs zerg. The last days I have as a pug two options; sit in arrius or chalman and wait for the other faction to push, and judging by the very few crossed swords on the map im not the only pug doing this, or run out to arrius/brk/chalman mine/farm/lumber to get farmed together with 2-3 other neckbeards. So I simply log off again, and I dont think im the only pug doing this.
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on June 28, 2018 2:48PM
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

I take it you are a smallscaler. Well, from a pugs perspective, I can assure you the numbers of pugs have decreased by a lot, a great deal, lately. Meanwhile the number of smallscalers camping resource towers has grown expotentially. Apart froma few hours at most during primetime, keeps are very rarely being challenged. Resource towers are on the other hand camped all the time and always. The time where smallscalers fuelled the hatred of pugs is gone. Somewhere around easter. Resource towers are now flipped occationally by organized groups, not pug blobs. And ye, it gets flipped back a moment or two later. Still, I can not understand why smallscalers really want. They dont want to fight other smallscalers (friends. Thats why we have this incredibly boring situation). They get angry when zerged down (according to your own answer), and they flee when organized groups are in the area. For me, the only opponent smallscalers want, are randomly numbered pugs running disorganized and preferably in max a pair into their resource tower. For me, the situation is the epithome of a dead rvr zone. This is the endgame, just like it was in other rvr games reaching its natural end. Only playground for friends and a handful few romantizising about ye olde time.

Just a few weeks ago I could easily log in around midnight and find ok fights both smallscale, gvg and the zerg vs zerg. The last days I have as a pug two options; sit in arrius or chalman and wait for the other faction to push, and judging by the very few crossed swords on the map im not the only pug doing this, or run out to arrius/brk/chalman mine/farm/lumber to get farmed together with 2-3 other neckbeards. So I simply log off again, and I dont think im the only pug doing this.

Resource farming has always been a thing and it didnt grow much lately. You know why smallscalers turned back to towers instead of outposts/keeps? Its the siege. By the time you, as a 3-8 man try to attack a keep there will be in no time 10+ pugs there. Fighting 10 pugs isnt the problem, but the 10 meatbags/scattershots are a problem. There is no way the 1 or maybe 2 healers in the group can keep you alive trough all that restacking siege (so you cant purge the meatbags/scattershots). So sieging a keep is (especially in primetime) hardly possible. So what do the smallscalers do then? They fall back to the tower and try to fight there. But even there, were you could normally have fun fights vs 10-20 pugs, you have to drop off the towers in 2-5 min max because there are 4 meatbags/scattershots hitting the tower again making it impossible to stay there as outnumbered group. With the old ballista's or catapults you could stay there for quite some time until some people actually pushed in the tower and you could get nice fights, sometimes you would win, sometimes you would loose, nobody complained. Now people are complaining because no enemys enter the tower (because they just put siege) and the smallscalers cant push out because of the siege aswell. So what happends in the end is a bunch of smallscalers in a tower unable to move and a bunch of pugs too scared to push in because it will only be a couple pushing in since the rest is on siege.
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, I'm a small scaler, and no we don't do tower fights anymore, since about a year ago. I'm not even mad at pugs chasing us, but they still do it every evening.

We do fight other small scalers, but it's rare because there aren't many, and the few that we don't know as friends are tower farmers I guess, and we don't engage in towers.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea and zero interest of what kinda people is in each color and I bet most of us think the same. Once upon a time I flipped a coin to select blue and been playing it ever since. Now I see that yellow instances are full from morning to evening whereas blue and red are roughly somewhere above 50% so there is no point waging a war when outnumbered. It is summer holiday time for now until balance returns.
    Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeZavos wrote: »

Resource farming has always been a thing and it didnt grow much lately. You know why smallscalers turned back to towers instead of outposts/keeps? Its the siege. By the time you, as a 3-8 man try to attack a keep there will be in no time 10+ pugs there. Fighting 10 pugs isnt the problem, but the 10 meatbags/scattershots are a problem. There is no way the 1 or maybe 2 healers in the group can keep you alive trough all that restacking siege (so you cant purge the meatbags/scattershots). So sieging a keep is (especially in primetime) hardly possible. So what do the smallscalers do then? They fall back to the tower and try to fight there. But even there, were you could normally have fun fights vs 10-20 pugs, you have to drop off the towers in 2-5 min max because there are 4 meatbags/scattershots hitting the tower again making it impossible to stay there as outnumbered group. With the old ballista's or catapults you could stay there for quite some time until some people actually pushed in the tower and you could get nice fights, sometimes you would win, sometimes you would loose, nobody complained. Now people are complaining because no enemys enter the tower (because they just put siege) and the smallscalers cant push out because of the siege aswell. So what happends in the end is a bunch of smallscalers in a tower unable to move and a bunch of pugs too scared to push in because it will only be a couple pushing in since the rest is on siege.

Zavos, Im pretty sure this is what your group is doing. But not all smallscalers do this :) The last few days Ive been playing, the groups of smallscalers rush directly into the tower, no matter how many pugs are there. Some groups are more notorious than others, obviously. But you just gotta take my word for it, there are an increasing number of tower-gankers, whose only aim is to take out outnumbered pugs, and who when more evenly matched simply run away. I dont think either this was a big problem before, but as you probably have noticed as well, numbers of pugs outside the few hours between 20:00-23:30 ish is very low compared to some months ago. Then the stale situation of tower ganking becomes more of a problem. Especially if these decline to fight each other, just sitting in the tower waiting for the few random pugs to pass by to try to flip it. At the moment with the pop decline theres only a few hours every day something interesting is happening. Remember the pugs dont go resource camping, they dont push alone and they certainly wont leave the keep if they know theres a smallscale group just waiting for them to exit. So they (we) will just stop playing outside of the few hours which it is safe
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So tower farmers are complaining because people have learned that a group stacking in a tower is doing it to farm them and don't just blindly charge in to die?

LoL

Tower farmers can blame themselves for that.

People get sick of being potatoes.
    After enough times you get smart and seige the tower until you soften the group up or enough allies show up to beat the tower farmers.

I love reversing the tables on tower farmers.

Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The most effective way to avoid siege is to fight away from objectives, and that works pretty well
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DC was certainly lacking population tonight XD gg
    @Solar_Breeze
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

queue was around 45 when I joined, the DC pug zerg was huge
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

queue was around 45 when I joined, the DC pug zerg was huge

There were also 3-4 guilds compared to ADs 0?
    @Solar_Breeze
    Options
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    Last evening was happy and surprised to see all factions full. At least some hours where there is good fighting going on with pugs, angry smallscalers and elitists dying alike.
    Options
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile dc has 5 guilds running in prime time happily surfing each others
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21