The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag Sorc Summerset

Stealthk80
Stealthk80
✭✭
Hi guys, I’ve just switched back to mag from Stam and am currently 521 cp.
I’ve been working on getting gear outside of trials (want to get gear sorted before trials) and have a few questions

What is the better dps? Pet or non pet?

I have a number of sets I’m working on right now and have seen that acuity and mother’s sorrow are also options. I basically have 5 of the following sets

BSW
Julianos
Necro
Working on Netch
Will look at mother’s sorrow later

Now I was thinking I could try necro with Netch for lightning damage?
I’m currently non-pet with bsw, Julianos and llambris.
I had to give up on the last boss on vMA (was Stam Sorc) as I couldn’t get the pillars down upstairs without getting knocked off, I found the moving wall was despawning and when I got down the daedra was flaming me to death. Figured I would try again later as mag Sorc.

Anyway with the above set I’m hitting between 20 and 25k on bosses, and am wondering if more would be doable with a different set combo or with pet build? Both inferno staffs btw

Thanks
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Should add I’m using apprentice Mundas and max mag/hop food. Also 64 in Magicka sits me around 2500sp, 45k mag, 17.7k hp and around 43% Crit
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s been a lot of talk lately on the viability of various mag sorc sets. So far noone has really got much except necro and siroria (new trial set) to be basic staples. Otherwise it doesnt seem to matter what you pair them with.

Last week I’ve tried necro + destruction mastery, infallible aether, twice born star, ancient grace and willpower, etc. For me, because I use heavy attacks more than I probably should, necro + infallible is noticeably the best. But it’s all relative at the end of the day
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Julianos and Necropotence work fine for me, with Illambris monster set.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit the same DPS on pet as with non-pet, just the sustain and overall gameplay is a lot easier with pets (Heavy attacks & can tank for you).

If pet go Julianos/Necro then swap out Juli for a trial set (Infal?)

If non pet go Mech & BSW or Juli & Mothers. Swap out BSW or Juli for trial set (Siroria?)
    Edited by Sparr0w on June 25, 2018 12:38PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current best setup for mag sorc is:
    1. Non pet
    2. Siroria/Mothers Sorrow/Zaan(Ilambris)
    3. Thief mundus
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Non pet
    3. Thief mundus

@hedna123b14_ESO

Really, what magic class is that not the best setup for? haha

Fun fact, on Saturday I pulled 2 MS inferno (and 1 MS shock) staff out of random chests in Deshaan. Farmed for maybe an hour in between BGs. Twas a good day.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just gonna throw this out there, but if you have any intentions of bringing this character into trials later on then do yourself a favor and make him non-pet sorc. Also imo the ceiling is a little higher for dps on the non pet sorc, but it'll take more effort to get there.

On the other hand if you don't need to worry about trials, then pet sorc is a very nice option. You'll pull decent dps, but feel tanky, have infinite sustain, and have the easiest rotation in all of ESO. Just be aware that pets are pretty wonky atm.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Non pet
    3. Thief mundus

@hedna123b14_ESO

Really, what magic class is that not the best setup for? haha

Fun fact, on Saturday I pulled 2 MS inferno (and 1 MS shock) staff out of random chests in Deshaan. Farmed for maybe an hour in between BGs. Twas a good day.

BSW is better than MS if your buff uptimes are bad