The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why do dungeon and delve bosses sometimes drop no loot?

N00BxV1
N00BxV1
✭✭✭✭✭
I've noticed while doing public dungeons and delves that sometimes bosses will drop gold and xp - but no loot. This happens when I'm solo as well as when others are around so it can't be a 'minimum damage' thing like at dolmens. This also doesn't happen very often and is unpredictable, so I don't have any pictures or videos.

What is the reason for this? Is it because there's a cooldown on drops (lame), or is this a bug? Why am I being punished for killing things too fast?

Best Answers

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pub dungs theres a 3 or 5 min cooldown on loot when u kill the bosses to fast.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's approx a 3 minute timer on delve boss loot. This is especially noticeable during the Witches Festival event when people kill tons of delve bosses for the plunder skulls.
    Answer ✓
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    In pub dungs theres a 3 or 5 min cooldown on loot when u kill the bosses to fast.
    There's approx a 3 minute timer on delve boss loot. This is especially noticeable during the Witches Festival event when people kill tons of delve bosses for the plunder skulls.

I suspected it was because of a cooldown... What kinda reject puts a cooldown on loot drops?! smfh Isn’t it bad enough that we usually have to wait 5 minutes for bosses to respawn because we walked into an instance that someone else just cleared??? Come on zos...
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's to combat botting, which was rampant at launch until they instated the cooldown. Literally 10-20 bots camped around a spawn, instakilling the boss as soon as it appeared. You'd be fighting to get a hit in just to get credit for the kill. You know how anchors are in Alik'r with mobs dying as they materialize...yea every delve used to be like that.

I'd take a cooldown over that any day of the week.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    It's to combat botting, which was rampant at launch until they instated the cooldown. Literally 10-20 bots camped around a spawn, instakilling the boss as soon as it appeared. You'd be fighting to get a hit in just to get credit for the kill. You know how anchors are in Alik'r with mobs dying as they materialize...yea every delve used to be like that.

I'd take a cooldown over that any day of the week.

So in order to combat botting their solution is to make things a burden for actual players. Gotcha. zoslogic

How about making the instances private (or at least a choice), and once it's cleared you have to exit for it to reset, just like in group dungeons. I've never heard of bots farming in group dungeons. But maybe that makes too much sense.