The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I use any magic based skills with a Stamina Warden?

BackLotBasher
BackLotBasher
✭✭
Just wondering which ones are best to use. I have a Redguard Warden, and see that a number of skills are based on Magicka. Are there any that can be useful in some situations, or should I ignore them if they don't have a stamina morph?

Thanks!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is a buff it is fine. The more significant skills that are for damage have a stamina morph.

Something like the shield does not matter what it costs.
  • BackLotBasher
    BackLotBasher
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    If it is a buff it is fine. The more significant skills that are for damage have a stamina morph.

Thanks for the reply...by shield, do you mean the frost cloak or the one that reflects projectiles?

I noticed the Falcon Swiftness one seemed like a nice addition for speed.
  • BackLotBasher
    BackLotBasher
    ✭✭
    Just a related question...since a lot of morphs do have magicka, does that mean that magic based characters make better wardens?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply...by shield, do you mean the frost cloak or the one that reflects projectiles?

I noticed the Falcon Swiftness one seemed like a nice addition for speed.

Frost cloak would be a great example of a magicka based skill that is fine to use. It does not scale of magika, or anything in this case.

Just a related question...since a lot of morphs do have magicka, does that mean that magic based characters make better wardens?

No. Not related. For any class there are skills that do not have a stamina morph. Most of them are either buffs or not primarily used for damage.

An example from another class is Obsidian Shield and it's morphs since the shield scales off max health.

Further, and back to the Warden, Falcon's swiftness is a great example of a skill that costs magicka but is great for Stamina. You are using the resource poll that you really do not care about and it benefits your stamina sustain, grants a speed boost and one morph grants damage boost. Boon regardless of your build.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily, but stam wardens often make use of weapon skills to make up for the fewer stamina choices, as do most stam classes. Stam wardens actually have the most stam morph choices of the various stam classes, so they are in a pretty good place.

My PVP stam warden was pretty effective, I used a bow, the stam cliff racer, subterranean assault and the frost cloak in PVP.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 24, 2018 8:11PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily, but stam wardens often make use of weapon skills to make up for the fewer stamina choices, as do most stam classes. Stam wardens actually have the most stam morph choices of the various stam classes, so they are in a pretty good place.

My PVP stam warden was pretty effective, I used a bow, the stam cliff racer, subterranean assault and the frost cloak in PVP.

I cannot think of a solid builds use weapon skills regardless of being stam or mag based in PvE. It really just makes sense. In PvP things are different but again most use some weapon skills, especially for ranged with NB being the only exception I can think of.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot think of a solid builds use weapon skills regardless of being stam or mag based in PvE. It really just makes sense. In PvP things are different but again most use some weapon skills, especially for ranged with NB being the only exception I can think of.

I meant more that my Mag Sorc uses a lot more class skills than my stam sorc, who uses Hurricane and Crit Surge. Likewise, my MagDK uses lots more class skills than my stam DK, who uses most weapon skills. Again, when, I ran a MagWarden, I used a lot more class skills in comparison to,my stam warden.

So its not that both types of skills aren't used. Its just that stamina builds generally rely heavily on weapon skills.
  • BackLotBasher
    BackLotBasher
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies...I tend to use bows and DW on the stam warden, and I find I keep a couple of the weapon skills on each bar. Seems to work pretty well. I was just worried I was missing out on something in the other skills. I think almost every one of the frost skills was for magicka, and it seems to have a lot more healing options. I keep the Spores one mapped to my DW bar for tough spots.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant more that my Mag Sorc uses a lot more class skills than my stam sorc, who uses Hurricane and Crit Surge. Likewise, my MagDK uses lots more class skills than my stam DK, who uses most weapon skills. Again, when, I ran a MagWarden, I used a lot more class skills in comparison to,my stam warden.

So its not that both types of skills aren't used. Its just that stamina builds generally rely heavily on weapon skills.

Seems that it has more to do with better weapon skills to choose from. That mDK and mSorc have one weapon to choose from. Stam has to weapons to utilize.

So it has more to do with Stam actually has better weapon choices that what the class skills offer.