The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dwarven Plan Rarity

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
Could we please get a purple Dwarven Furniture Document?

Some of the purple furniture plans are extremely rare and so expensive you couldn't even dream of making gold back by making the furniture item (even if you can get around the Dwemer Frame scarcity and cost! Really shouldn't need so many Frames or the scraps need to drop a lot more often!)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the rarity, I mind the dam craft cost per frame
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently we only have documents for:
    - Base zone recipes
    - Vvardenfell zone recipes

We need other document types. Currently I am lacking 5 Dwarven purple recipes, having checked for a year at guild traders plus the TTC website, I have seen none of these 5 purples anywhere. The Dwarven Pew is supposedly the rarest of them, and is sold for about 1M when it does drop, with a rarity similar to Aetherial Ciper or worse. Yes, we need purple (and possibly blue) documents for Dwarven recipes. Currently they are not farmable in any way whatsoever. I have spent many days myself grinding dwarven automatons, and I have gotten a handful of green recipes and 1 blue to show for the effort.

Also, we need Clockwork City documents. Even with the supposed increase in droprate, the droprate is still abysmal, something like 1 out of 8 or worse. On PC-EU there are severla Fabricant tree recipes that have not been seen for more than half a year, like the cherry tree and even the green shrub recipes. There is also a purple recipe that hasn't been seen in more than 120 days on the entire server (I bought that one), and another purple that hasn't been seen for more than half a year too, I am lacking that one. Clockwork city is a nightmare to farm, compared to Vvardenfell and Alinor, there are very few containers, no good loot spots like Traitor's Vault or Dreloth Tombs, so even when you go all around Brass City, you only come across very few containers that actually can drop the recipes. CWC is 1 year old almost, it is about time we get purple and blue containers for that DLC as well - and up the droprate of Fabricant tree recipes, currently they are pretty much non-existant on an entire megaserver.

Also, the Daedric fence blue recipe clearly has a droprate that's abysmal compared to other Daedric recipes, as do the 3 Ayleid purples. Droprate for those 4 recipes need to be more generous. When recipes like that do not even enter the guild traders in half a year or an entire year, clearly something is messed up with the droprate.
  • Nocturnal_Annoyance
    To end all the frame struggles... farm Darkshade Caverns I on normal and decon all automaton gear. Frame struggle made a little easier :smiley:
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    are the Devs aware of this Excessive rarity issue? Farming mobs in dwemer/ayleid areas for MONTHS isn't fun...
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, dwemer and ayleid recipes both seem so rare. Even if you can afford to buy them you can't even find them in traders, nor the items themselves.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I can't seem to find it anywhere (the forums search UI is horrible)... How do you find dwemer furnishing plans?

I know you can find stuff in the containers within dwemer ruins, but do the furnishing plans also drop from the dwarven mobs (spiders, ballistas, centurions, etc)?

Got a couple Ayleid plans, but haven't been able to find any of the rarer Dwemer ones. (I have the basic green cogs and crap)

Any advice would be great.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feric51

They drop from containers in dwemer ruins or sometimes from automatons. I’ve only gotten one purple, and the hell if I can actually make the darn thing because it requires an obscene amount of frames.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    - Base zone recipes

We need other document types. Currently I am lacking 5 Dwarven purple recipes, having checked for a year at guild traders plus the TTC website, I have seen none of these 5 purples anywhere. The Dwarven Pew is supposedly the rarest of them, and is sold for about 1M when it does drop, with a rarity similar to Aetherial Ciper or worse. Yes, we need purple (and possibly blue) documents for Dwarven recipes. Currently they are not farmable in any way whatsoever. I have spent many days myself grinding dwarven automatons, and I have gotten a handful of green recipes and 1 blue to show for the effort.

Wow only 5 left?! Can you make the dwemer lantern?

Dwarven-Lantern-Oil-2.jpg

That is one of the items I like and most of the times never find!

---

And on the topic, I would like some crafting quests that reward specific themed furnishing plans, including dwemer, or certain furnishing items
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Trying to find dwarven furnishing is distinctly NOT fun and NOT rewarding.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    - Base zone recipes

Wow only 5 left?! Can you make the dwemer lantern?

That is one of the items I like and most of the times never find!

---

And on the topic, I would like some crafting quests that reward specific themed furnishing plans, including dwemer, or certain furnishing items

That one I have yes. But missing the pew, 2 tables and a sconce. And maybe 1 more I can't think of. Never seen any of them for sale anywhere, not even in zone chat. Except the pew that was sold in zone once, guy wanted 1.1m for it, no thanks, even if it's rare it's not worth that to me.
    Same for ayleid purple recipes, far more rare than they should be.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might consider murder if it gets me those dwarven, Ayleid and clockwork documents. I'm only slightly exaggerating. I'm not as close as having learned all the patterns as some of you are /waves at Mix but I'm close enough that at this point - above are the ones I'm lacking the most in. and farming them is beyond bothersome.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I might consider murder if it gets me those dwarven, Ayleid and clockwork documents. I'm only slightly exaggerating. I'm not as close as having learned all the patterns as some of you are /waves at Mix but I'm close enough that at this point - above are the ones I'm lacking the most in. and farming them is beyond bothersome.

CWC recipes shouldn't be too hard, after they increased the droprate a couple updates back. I managed to get every single one from traders, though it did cost quite a bit. But I regularly see them up for trade and in my trade guild chats, so they're definitely out there.

Ayleid and Dwarven are another history, the purple 3 Ayleid and 6 purple Dwarven are almost non-existant.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CWC recipes shouldn't be too hard, after they increased the droprate a couple updates back. I managed to get every single one from traders, though it did cost quite a bit. But I regularly see them up for trade and in my trade guild chats, so they're definitely out there.

Ayleid and Dwarven are another history, the purple 3 Ayleid and 6 purple Dwarven are almost non-existant.

I haven't found increased drop rate to be significant to be honest, given how few options we have for actualy farming these. personaly. its not as bad as dwemmer or Ayleid, but its still bad. IMO. so yeah...
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't found increased drop rate to be significant to be honest, given how few options we have for actualy farming these. personaly. its not as bad as dwemmer or Ayleid, but its still bad. IMO. so yeah...

Regardless, it has been increased, significantly. I can tell you that before the increase there was not a single CWC recipe for sale, ever. And Vvardenfell recipes were only obtained in documents, you could farm tombs for hours with no recipes. We have a huge amount of Alinor recipes as well, without any documents, only due to this increase.

It doesn't matter if you, personally, don't feel the increase, the server certainly feels it, which means more recipes in circulation to buy. You're not supposed to farm all CWC recipes on your own, better to just get the gold to buy them at traders.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bad thing about CWC plans is there's no awesome farm spot like Vvardenfell (Dreloth tomb urns) or Summerset (pre wardrobe nerf). There are two offices in the Brass Fortress area that have 4-6 unowned containers in each, but it take a couple loading screens to reset them, and it's not very time efficient at all.

Some claim that factotums can drop them as well, but I have personally NEVER looted a furnishing plan from any mobs, factotum or otherwise.

Edit - grammar
    Edited by Feric51 on October 2, 2018 6:54PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless, it has been increased, significantly. I can tell you that before the increase there was not a single CWC recipe for sale, ever. And Vvardenfell recipes were only obtained in documents, you could farm tombs for hours with no recipes. We have a huge amount of Alinor recipes as well, without any documents, only due to this increase.

It doesn't matter if you, personally, don't feel the increase, the server certainly feels it, which means more recipes in circulation to buy. You're not supposed to farm all CWC recipes on your own, better to just get the gold to buy them at traders.

I'm talking from a perspective of farming rather then buying. CWC unlike Vvardenfell and Summerset (even poist traitor's nerf) don't have decent farming spots (what post above me states - I agree)

and I kinda have a feeling that part of the reason clockwork patterns are cheaper and more available then the other 2, is becasue they are less in demand. and I have ZERO desire to pay asking prices for them, even if they are cheaper then dwemmer, they are STILL expensive. too expensive for a pattern I would only get for collecting purposes. so yeah... getting doccuments for clockwork SHOULD happen, please stop trying to tell me that clockwork recipes do not need that.

and I'm well aware that we didn't see a lot of the vvardenfel patterns, it was becasue of generaly horrible rng and some of the patterns didn't have in game source at all, and I'm reasonably certain - still don't (other then doccuments) clockwork just plain sucks to farm though, rather then being entirely unavailable. but that doesn't mean documents wouldn't be helpful

P.S. factotums dropped recipes for about 24 hours or so? on release of DLC and were patched almost immediately, as far as i know - they no longer drop the patterns.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

P.S. factotums dropped recipes for about 24 hours or so? on release of DLC and were patched almost immediately, as far as i know - they no longer drop the patterns.

Thanks. I thought as much.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking from a perspective of farming rather then buying. CWC unlike Vvardenfell and Summerset (even poist traitor's nerf) don't have decent farming spots (what post above me states - I agree)

and I kinda have a feeling that part of the reason clockwork patterns are cheaper and more available then the other 2, is becasue they are less in demand. and I have ZERO desire to pay asking prices for them, even if they are cheaper then dwemmer, they are STILL expensive. too expensive for a pattern I would only get for collecting purposes. so yeah... getting doccuments for clockwork SHOULD happen, please stop trying to tell me that clockwork recipes do not need that.

and I'm well aware that we didn't see a lot of the vvardenfel patterns, it was becasue of generaly horrible rng and some of the patterns didn't have in game source at all, and I'm reasonably certain - still don't (other then doccuments) clockwork just plain sucks to farm though, rather then being entirely unavailable. but that doesn't mean documents wouldn't be helpful

I'm sorry, but balancing furniture plans around each individual's desires to farm them all personally is a terrible idea. As long as you can buy all the plans you need, and for a somewhat resonable amount, then it's balanced. If every person were able to farm all the plans on their own, the market would be completely swamped in duplicates, and their value would fall to the level of Hollowjack motif pages. You can buy the plans you need, if you choose not to, that's your decision, and that's really all there is to it.

Also, your reply shows a lack of fundamental understanding on the furniture and trading market. CWC recipes are not cheap, in fact, they are the most expensive plans there currently is, disregarding purple Ayleid and Dwarven unicorn recipes. That they are "not in demand" is also faulty, I sell hundreds and hundreds of CWC themed furniture every week in my guilds.

You are also wrong regarding Factotums, they do still drop recipes, in fact, I personally got at least 1 green recipe from a Factotum. Yes, the droprate is very low, but they do drop them. I was not actively playing when the Factotums erroneously dropped recipes more often than they should, I also did not buy CWC plans when they dropped from the dungeon finder event, in fact, I did not start collecting CWC recipes until very recently, and yet I managed to buy every single CWC recipe, and this was even before Crown selling was a thing. So while you may not want to dish out the gold required for these recipes, that's again your own decision. The recipes are there, I managed to buy all of mine for somewhat reasonable prices, and you could do so as well, if you wanted.

There's a world of difference between CWC recipes that actually do exist and do drop, and the purple Dwarven and Ayleid recipes that practically do not exist, and when one does surface, it's sold for double the amount or tripple the amount of what the most expensive CWC recipes do.

Edited by Carbonised on October 3, 2018 12:32PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need Dwarven Furniture Documents and an increase in the drop chance for Ayleid (there are only 3 purple plans so I don't see a way that could be sensibly made into a Furniture Document).

At least if we have purple Dwarven plans for x vouchers each, as long as each plan has equal drop chance from envelope, it will get the prices into a reasonable range.

Only 15 plans to go now! 4 Alinor Purple, 2 Ayleid Purple, 6 Dwarven Purple, and the 3 Wolfhunter blues (lol)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    We need Dwarven Furniture Documents and an increase in the drop chance for Ayleid (there are only 3 purple plans so I don't see a way that could be sensibly made into a Furniture Document).

At least if we have purple Dwarven plans for x vouchers each, as long as each plan has equal drop chance from envelope, it will get the prices into a reasonable range

Only 15 plans to go now! 4 Alinor Purple, 2 Ayleid Purple, 6 Dwarven Purple, and the 3 Wolfhunter blues (lol)

Don't forget the addition of dwarven frames to the master writ merchant. Good lord it takes like 5 hours just to farm enough scraps to combine into the godawful amount of frames each plan requires. Really, 15 frames for a tiny little item?!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but balancing furniture plans around each individual's desires to farm them all personally is a terrible idea. As long as you can buy all the plans you need, and for a somewhat resonable amount, then it's balanced. If every person were able to farm all the plans on their own, the market would be completely swamped in duplicates, and their value would fall to the level of Hollowjack motif pages. You can buy the plans you need, if you choose not to, that's your decision, and that's really all there is to it.

Also, your reply shows a lack of fundamental understanding on the furniture and trading market. CWC recipes are not cheap, in fact, they are the most expensive plans there currently is, disregarding purple Ayleid and Dwarven unicorn recipes. That they are "not in demand" is also faulty, I sell hundreds and hundreds of CWC themed furniture every week in my guilds.

You are also wrong regarding Factotums, they do still drop recipes, in fact, I personally got at least 1 green recipe from a Factotum. Yes, the droprate is very low, but they do drop them. I was not actively playing when the Factotums erroneously dropped recipes more often than they should, I also did not buy CWC plans when they dropped from the dungeon finder event, in fact, I did not start collecting CWC recipes until very recently, and yet I managed to buy every single CWC recipe, and this was even before Crown selling was a thing. So while you may not want to dish out the gold required for these recipes, that's again your own decision. The recipes are there, I managed to buy all of mine for somewhat reasonable prices, and you could do so as well, if you wanted.

There's a world of difference between CWC recipes that actually do exist and do drop, and the purple Dwarven and Ayleid recipes that practically do not exist, and when one does surface, it's sold for double the amount or tripple the amount of what the most expensive CWC recipes do.

please tell me. WHY the heck are you so vehemently against them adding clockwork recipe doccuments. it doesn't mean they would add them instead of dwemmer. they would add them ALONGSIDE. and they are STILL. STUPIDLY. RARE.

I have seen all the dweemer recipes btw. they are insanely expensive, becasue they are rare and they don't always show up for sale, becasue people learn them for themselves sometimes. but they exist. unlike vvardenfell recipes, that don't drop at all, dwemmer and Ayleid recipes do drop. just stupidly rarely.

oh. I get it. its a matter of you being able to SELL clockwork stuff? no. screw that. they should make it accesible, the way base recipes are acessible, the way vvardenfell recipes are now accesible. its been long enough. clockwork SUCKS to farm. it. SUCKS. STOP trying to tell me it does NOT. dwemmer and Ayleid might suck worse but it doesn't not mean that clockwork recipes are fine. THEY. ARE. NOT.

when blues STILL sell for 100k+? they are NOT. FINE. summerset blues don't sell for nearly as much and summerset has been out for a lot less time. THAT should tell you something about droprates and availability.
    Edited by Linaleah on October 3, 2018 8:39PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    Look better, I bought Dwemer Pew last month for around 700k , one table is always on sale for 2mil and another one I saw in August for around 1mil and it was sold fast.
    CWC plans are expensive for the reason that people don't know how to get them, in fact you can get tons of them just running rounds, so nothing should be changed about that. They're not rare at all, you don't have to spend months to get 1 purple. And it doesn't suck to farm, lol, I got all green/blue plans for 3 weeks of using 3 toons. And most of purples. Then I got bored.
    And vvardenfell stuff do drop too, the same lvl as Dwemer. I got 2 vvardenfell purples and 0 dwemer, so maybe it's even better.) Ofc it was much better before they fixed the droprate from urns.
    Edited by Dacalana on October 9, 2018 8:55PM
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    I think we need a rolis hlaalu box for purple dwarven recipe. Pew and other ecipes are too much expensive.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering...

There is no way I can afford to buy some of the dwarven furniture (I'm astonished I can occasionally scrape up 100k; more than that is not going to happen).

So my question is: where do the dwarven/dwemer plans drop?

I've only ever seen the motifs drop in dwemer lairs, but what about the furnishing plans? anyone know?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Due to the age of this thread and the fact it may contain outdated information, we've gone ahead and closed it down. If anyone would like to discuss the topic further, please feel free to start a new thread on the subject.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.