The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing contest entry

Dulcema
Dulcema
Hello all, I've been in a housing guild for awhile and finally decided to enter a contest. I am fairly obsessed with ESO's housing.

This is my entry house. The contest theme was "Under the Sea"

g39iqpvip978.png

And here is a video of it. https://youtu.be/nqIQRaiBHsA
  • asmundur242
    asmundur242
    Soul Shriven
    @Dulcema thats amazing :love:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dulcema This is simply stunning. Amazing, amazing job well done. <3
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's astounding. *shares with all her friends*
  • treatz
    treatz
    Soul Shriven
    Wow! That is incredibly creative. Is it available to see in game? Pleeeeeaaaassseeeee.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible! Thanks for sharing.
  • Dulcema
    Dulcema
    treatz wrote: »
    Wow! That is incredibly creative. Is it available to see in game? Pleeeeeaaaassseeeee.

Yes it's my primary on NA PC

@Dulcema

And thank you. It was very rewarding to do. I often say, "I wish I could do this for a living".

• Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohh my goodness! I love messing about with housing too, and can be lost decorating for days on end, it's so addictive!

I must say, I've not seen anything like this before. It's amazing! I will not 'borrow' your idea, even though I'd love to live there! lol

Excellent job! Hope you win!

Is there somehwhere I can see the other entrants? Not that they are in with a chance against this, but I'm a sticky beak and love to see other's houses.

BTW, I looked really hard for a treasure chest, but didn't find one. :)
    Edited by Sharalei on June 25, 2018 5:13AM
  • Dulcema
    Dulcema
    Ohh my goodness! I love messing about with housing too, and can be lost decorating for days on end, it's so addictive!

I must say, I've not seen anything like this before. It's amazing! I will not 'borrow' your idea, even though I'd love to live there! lol

Is there somehwhere I can see the other entrants? Not that they are in with a chance against this, but I'm a sticky beak and love to see other's houses.

We took 2nd place with this house. There were a LOT of amazing entries, it was nearly impossible to decide who to vote for !

I thought about a treasure chest as well as a whale, mermaid shark and other goodies to add.

I don't show it in the video, and it isn't finished yet, but the lower level is an extension of the reef and has the old ruins of the original Atlantis with marble columns, flooring, buildings etc. that the new buildings were built ontop of. I really blew the budget with this one and will have to finish it as funds become available.

I will ask if there is a way for people to see the other houses in the contest.

Thanks for the well wishes !

• Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhh! I didn't know there was a second level. I actually visited your house, stayed quite a while, as it was worth savouring.
    I guess I'm going back, to check out the lower level. :)

Congrats on Runner Up, that is a great result.

• Private_user
    I don't know too much about housing items yet as I'm just getting into the housing portion I just had a question those revolving sphere rings and stuff are there an actual item like clockwork City Furnishing or is that something you fabricated on your own? And how is it moving if so?
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    It’s so nice to see people are actually interested in something different than Sload, and nerfs!

Great job!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dulcema wrote: »

We took 2nd place with this house. There were a LOT of amazing entries, it was nearly impossible to decide who to vote for !

I thought about a treasure chest as well as a whale, mermaid shark and other goodies to add.

I don't show it in the video, and it isn't finished yet, but the lower level is an extension of the reef and has the old ruins of the original Atlantis with marble columns, flooring, buildings etc. that the new buildings were built ontop of. I really blew the budget with this one and will have to finish it as funds become available.

I will ask if there is a way for people to see the other houses in the contest.

Thanks for the well wishes !

Is there a video on who took first place? If it beat this amazing creation, It has to be amazing as well
  • Dulcema
    Dulcema
    I don't know too much about housing items yet as I'm just getting into the housing portion I just had a question those revolving sphere rings and stuff are there an actual item like clockwork City Furnishing or is that something you fabricated on your own? And how is it moving if so?

The revolving spheres are part of the house itself. If you go preview the Observatory Prior in game you'll see them there too there just won't be a reef built outside of the sphere.
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Dulce and Xexto did an amazing job on their challenge entry - just gorgeous. <3 It was so hard to judge all the houses; our guild, Divine Design Alliance, has so many crazy talented people (and I bloody love the lot of u). :kissing_smiling_eyes:

If anybody on the US server is interested in signing up with DDA, just drop me a mail in-game ( @elvici ), and I'll send out an invite. We're at <500 members at the moment, but can always make room someplace. :smile:

Do check out Dulcema's place in person, tho - it's mind blowing!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aweing! Wonderful!
  • Private_user
    Dulcema wrote: »

The revolving spheres are part of the house itself. If you go preview the Observatory Prior in game you'll see them there too there just won't be a reef built outside of the sphere.

Ok now i understand just have not previewed that house yet but i recall seeing it and thinking it must be brass themed.. So the magic is how you set up the 360 underwater reef outside the housing area so nicely. Great build!
  • Dulcema
    Dulcema
    Sharalei wrote: »
    Ohhhh! I didn't know there was a second level. I actually visited your house, stayed quite a while, as it was worth savouring.
    I guess I'm going back, to check out the lower level. :)

Congrats on Runner Up, that is a great result.

The lower level of the house is blocked off for now. I will open it when it is more complete. The boat house grotto is going live this week so I will be broke for at least another month :open_mouth:
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    For people interested in seeing the various contest entries (there was one contest for each platform), we have a Facebook page. Not only can you see the amazing things people do with their houses, you too can enter the contests :)

Join Better Homes and Gardens(ESO). Just send a request and answer a simple question and you're in.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »
    For people interested in seeing the various contest entries (there was one contest for each platform), we have a Facebook page. Not only can you see the amazing things people do with their houses, you too can enter the contests :)

Join Better Homes and Gardens(ESO). Just send a request and answer a simple question and you're in.

Do you have dwemer themed homes?
  • Kettleone
    Kettleone
    ✭✭
    Whoa, I missed checking out your entry but that is amazing! Really neat idea.
  • Dulcema
    Dulcema
    I have completed the lower level of this Observatory Prior home. It isn't shown in the video.

@Dulcema on NA PC server, it is my primary
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not on PC NA but would love to see an updated video if you had a chance to post it.
    The original was amazing
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love your work it's amazing 💖🖒🖒🖒
  • Dulcema
    Dulcema
    I don't know if I'll have time for another video but here is a photo of one of the rooms on the lower deck.

2s8ktg2duy3y.jpg