The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Banish the Banished Quest Unobtainable

spurx
spurx
Soul Shriven

Hello,

I have found that on one of my characters the quest "Banish the Banished" within the dungeon "The Banished Cells I" is unavailable to me. The quest giver at the start of the entrance does not have the quest for me. I do not have the quest in my journal, and I'm sure I have not completed the quest in the past. I have attempted to obtain the quest solo and also in multiple groups. I have tried to relog, restart, and use /reloadui and have not had any luck. It seems as though the game thinks I am currently on the quest, but it does not progress and is not in my quest journal.

I've had a support ticket open for the issue for a week or so now, and am reaching out to try to find solutions in the meantime.

Thanks!
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably forgot you did it. There’s so much stuff I have done in game that I don’t remember doing.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC/Mac, you can download my Journal Quest Log add-on, which gives you a list of all completed quests. Banishing the Banished, if you have already completed it, would be listed either under Auridon or The Banished Cells.

Alternatively - but I can't quite remember if Group Dungeons work like this - if the icon for BC1 is white, you've completed that quest. I think the icon colour is tied to completing the dungeon quest rather than defeating the final boss.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc you are correct.

OP, check for completion of the dungeon under (J)ournal, Achievements, Dungeon/Group Dungeons.

If you've got the BC I Vanquisher achieve, odd are you did the quest at the same time.

When you enter the dungeon, even if you don't specifically talk to the quest giver, you'll sometimes get an "Event notification" pop up. If you accept it, it triggers the quest, same as if you can interacted with the PC.

You probably did it ages ago and forgot. It all starts to run together after a while, esp with multiple characters.

I've had the opposite occur before, where I never did or at least turned in the quest on characters that have been maxed forever. Just hadn't had a particular dungeon pop up in queue, or whatever the case may be.

If would be a nice QoL addition if they'd at least add an achievement section int the journal to say you're done the quest, beyond just the Map marker, especially for those that have 2 versions of the dungeon.

Good luck!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS