The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Two builds on one char

Nairi5
Nairi5
I am playing only on one charachter and I want to be efficient in both pvp and pve. This is the problems that i faced
1.CP redistribution
this can be solved by playing on nonCP campaigns. Luckily BGs are nonCP. Or you just pay gold every time.
2.Morph resetting
Here you must pay gold every time for using the morph you want.
Of course you can say it's cheap but when you doing that constantly it's not.
Why we can't have two builds on one char?
I am curious what are you thinking. Should we have an option of having two builds on one char?
Edited by Nairi5 on June 24, 2018 3:33PM

Two builds on one char 47 votes

Yes
61%
ThumbtackJakeGigasaxNeillMcAttackstatic_rechargekimaerilAhPook_Is_HereTannus15AdernathRobvenomlillybitStrider__RoshinFischbluthaunted1994FWhiteNoiseMakerRunefangDillpatFakeFoxHippie4927KimdaVilniusNastavnik 29 votes
No
25%
otis67adriant1978Ghanima_AtreidesJailbirdyTheDominionTyharKawallSilverIce58FiktiusJumpmanLaneNairinhektoutlaw80 12 votes
Other
12%
idkPeekachu99disintegr8ArchMikemLadislaoRagebull 6 votes
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Game gives us 8 character slots for a reason. Go on, roll an alt. You might like it. ;)
  • Nairi5
    Nairi5
    Yes
    Game gives us 8 character slots for a reason. Go on, roll an alt. You might like it. ;)

I don't want to do same quests, achievments, levelling...
    Edited by Nairi5 on June 24, 2018 3:40PM
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have over 20 alts. :) I see no reason whatsoever to have two builds on one character, and no game that I know of allows that. Building a character implies making certain choices.

You don't have to play through the quests again if you don't want to. Those who go this route claim the fastest way to max level is grinding, dolmens and such. Personally I don't do that, because I find it incredibly dull.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can hardly remember a case where one morph of a skill is good for PvE and another for PvP. Maybe stuff like curse and dawnbreaker but you can still go around it

The CP issue is solved by no-CP campaign and battlegrounds.

The only thing you can't go around is attributes but those are pretty cheap and painless to change (unlike remorphing).
  • Nairi5
    Nairi5
    Yes
    I have over 20 alts. :) I see no reason whatsoever to have two builds on one character, and no game that I know of allows that. Building a character implies making certain choices.

You don't have to play through the quests again if you don't want to. Those who go this route claim the fastest way to max level is grinding, dolmens and such. Personally I don't do that, because I find it incredibly dull.

So if you are playing on one charachter you must choose between pvp or pve(or pay planty of gold). I don't see advantages of this system.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That moment when you realise pvp and PvE are two different games. Right here

You can get chars proficient in both, but it’s better to have alts
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairi5 wrote: »

So if you are playing on one charachter you must choose between pvp or pve(or pay planty of gold). I don't see advantages of this system.

To be fair, that's not the desired outcome either. But, yes, right now, if you want to do both, you either need to respec, run non-CP, or run an alt.

With that said, some builds, particularly Tanks, transition more painlessly between PvP and PvE.
  • Nairi5
    Nairi5
    Yes
    Royaji wrote: »
    I can hardly remember a case where one morph of a skill is good for PvE and another for PvP. Maybe stuff like curse and dawnbreaker but you can still go around it

The only thing you can't go around is attributes but those are pretty cheap and painless to change (unlike remorphing).

Destro ult, mage guilds ult
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairi5 wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »

Destro ult, mage guilds ult

Desto ult is no longer a must and you can slot something else instead of it without being completely gimped. Meteor is one of the most difficult morph choices in the game. None of the morphs is a clear winner for PvP so you can run either.

Yes, those are a bit of a compromise but this is something you can do instead of hoping ZOS will change something.
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Doesn't matter to me either way, but they won't change it because less people would buy character slots for alts
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I made the suggestion a long time ago to give us the option to change loadouts on the fly. A Dev surprisingly commented on my thread stating that they liked my idea so hopefully we'll see something like that added in the future :smiley:
  • Robvenom
    Robvenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

/facepalm
    Puppet the Peanut - Templar Tank/Healer
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I run StamDK for PvE and magdk for PvP. I could run Magdk just as easily for PvE but StamDK just burns through adds much quicker. StamDK is soooo broken for PvP and Magdk so much more fun in PvP so I just roll like that.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I want to get all the achievements on one character, my main, so creating an alt doesn't do it for me. I would love to have a PVE build and a PVP build on my one character.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's allowed in many MMOs from WoW to Rift and Secret World Legends. Right now it's almost a required feature.

I think it could be managed in ESO too - an NPC in the Mages' Guild halls, who can save your builds and swap them, for a gold fee.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    You also have the issue of gear, what works for PVE does not work for PVP.

I'd also ask what it is you want to achieve in PVP - if it is to reach Alliance level 50, than any build will do as long as you grind and are prepared to die a lot. If you want to always be on the leader boards, be competitive, be victorious in BG's, etc., then you need a serious PVP build.

If you want PVP and PVE achievements on one character, I'd suggest that you complete one of them first and then concentrate on the other. Switching a toon between PVP and PVE on a daily basis is impractical. Even for optimum performance in PVE, you should be switching skills and CP depending on what you are doing; Vet Maelstrom requires a different setup to a 12 man vet trial, which is different again to a vet dungeon.

I'd like to see a 'save settings' feature that allows you to save 2 or 3 CP allocations and 2 or 3 skill allocations. I don't care if it costs you to switch between the two, it would just stop you having to remember them and allow for easy switching.

I wouldn't worry about the "I have 20 Alts' type people, you can only have 15 on one account and as soon as you spill over to a second account you have to start again.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Zos should make it free to respect CP, attributes and SP for those that sub.

It is a basic no brainer idea to add to ESO+. Bigger than double bank space.

BTW, they should also design into the UI the saving of two or more builds for quickly swapping. That should be available in the base game.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Just build as a PvE dps and you can still do well in PvP. Yes you'll be squishy, but you can still hit hard.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!