The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Impen vs Weapon dmg

MickeyBN
MickeyBN
✭✭✭✭
Lately on the forums I’ve been seeing players boasting about their “4k unbuffed wep dmg hurr” and it’s got me second guessing my build.

Currently on my bow build I’m using I have a whopping 2128 wep dmg unbuffed...I do however have 2340 Crit resistance due to having a full set of 7/7 impen. Although I haven’t really tested it or in the field, as I’ve been brought up to believe having full impen is the bees knees, I’m wondering if going ham on wep dmg whilst sacrificing some CR might be the way to go.

What are you forum dwellers thoughts on the matter?

Bonus question: exactly how the HELL do you reach 4K unbuffed wep dmg? /:o
Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Impen is always better obviously and you cant reach 4k unbuffed weapon damage (meaning without brutality and procs like 7th legion or enchant), you must have seen wrong
    Edited by SodanTok on June 24, 2018 2:45PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton, axiom etc will give you wpn dmg that won't appear on screen

But let's see here 1500 from gold Nirn weapons right? - not including a DW 2nd weapon amount

X3 wpn dmg glyphs = 175 x 3 = 525 ish so 2025 with no armor

Then let's just say.... Automaton, that's + 529

So now at 2558

Add in Veli and Kena (cuz why not right lol) that's +258

So now 2800 ish

Now let's say.... Hundling just because I thought of it.

Thats 3100ish

Wpn dmg Mundus gets you to 3350ish no buffs, no DW off hand

Theoretically then you could have something like Wpn dmg Glyph from weapon proc, then major brutality etc.

But anyway, just off the top of my head around 3.5k wpn dmg unbuffed (other sets out there too)

You can also get those silly Cyrodiil buffs, both from your alliance having things, then the take over things skill line buffs.

Tis things like that, and you can still run full impen (or any armor traits) and go ham on impen via CP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That kind of wpn damage isn’t possible unbuffed unless maybe you’re sacrificing a lot of sustain and resources. That aside though. If you’re in CP campaigns you need 3k crit resist always.

3k unbuffed is pretty high, 2.1 is kinda low but maybe that’s cause you’ve got a bow. I’d aim for at least 2.5-3k unbuffed as a minimum.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't really give up x amount of crit resist to gain an equal amount of weapon damage.

You can swap impen for divines. So you give up 1806 crit resist for 125 weapon damage IF you're running the warrior mundus (these are if the armor is gold). That's a lot of survivability for very little damage.

Really not worth it outside of a pure gank build maybe. Even then, the extra survivability probably outweighs the tiny bit of damage (even if bow ganking you will get hit at times).
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Automaton, axiom etc will give you wpn dmg that won't appear on screen

But let's see here 1500 from gold Nirn weapons right? - not including a DW 2nd weapon amount

X3 wpn dmg glyphs = 175 x 3 = 525 ish so 2025 with no armor

Then let's just say.... Automaton, that's + 529

So now at 2558

Add in Veli and Kena (cuz why not right lol) that's +258

So now 2800 ish

Now let's say.... Hundling just because I thought of it.

Thats 3100ish

Wpn dmg Mundus gets you to 3350ish no buffs, no DW off hand

Theoretically then you could have something like Wpn dmg Glyph from weapon proc, then major brutality etc.

But anyway, just off the top of my head around 3.5k wpn dmg unbuffed (other sets out there too)

You can also get those silly Cyrodiil buffs, both from your alliance having things, then the take over things skill line buffs.

Tis things like that, and you can still run full impen (or any armor traits) and go ham on impen via CP

Alchemist gives you a huge amount too. Assuming that doesn't count as buffed (buffed to me means major/minor brutality and continuous attack buff in PvP).

Add in being a Templar for 6% extra weapon damage or sorc for 2% per sorc skill slotted. Medium armor for 12% extra. Fighters guild skills slotted for 2% as well. Flawless dawnbreaker if you want even more amps.

So 4k unbuffed. is quite possible. But at the expense of a LOT so really not worth it at all unless you're a straight gank build.
    Edited by Brrrofski on June 24, 2018 4:44PM