The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Perhaps Sloads doesn't need to go. In some ways it brings us together.

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭
I am being completely honest.

If you think about it Sloads is bringing us together in several ways. First, it's forcing us to rely on healers and be in groups which is what a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing game is all about.

It's clear the developers want us to play together more and do not want 1vX PVP to be prevalent. This is good for us as a community so that we learn to intermingle more and enjoy each other's company in group play.

This will stop people from attacking resource nodes deep in enemy territory just to look for "good fights" and encourage them to join up with the main groups of their alliance for the better.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we should just give up small scales fight and join a zerg? No thank you
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IB4 angry l33ts start crying :D
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Except the the devs have explicitly said that they want people to spread out more across the map and not all stack together, but don't let facts stop your nonsense threads.
    PC/EU DC
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Do you think cyrodiil was designed for a single player to fight off armies or groups of other players?
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except the the devs have explicitly said that they want people to spread out more across the map and not all stack together, but don't let facts stop your nonsense threads.

Spreading out and being a one man army are very different concepts.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know ZoS isn’t paying you for generating page views, so why all the pointless clickbait posts?
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, zerging together with people who light attack for sloads procs will totally enhance my game experience and make me love the community for what it is <3
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the main complaints about Sloads are coming from 1vXers in Cyrodiil and not Battlegrounds which already is all about playing as a team.

Wait, what?

Sure, the 1vXers are complaining about Sloads. But we know, as you pointed out, that ZOS doesn't particularly care about supporting 1vXers.

The Devs do care about not having Battlegrounds face a mass exodus of players thanks to a proc set (though apparently they don't care enough not enough to not repeat the proc set fiasco of Viper/Velidreth/Red Mountain/etc. when BGs first released. This nerf was utterly predictable to anyone paying attention to the history of proc sets in Battlegrounds.)

Sloads isn't getting nerfed because of 1vXers in Cyrodiil. Its getting nerfed because its impact in Battlegrounds where people are already theoretically in a group working together as a team. I'm afraid that the minor benefit Sloads may have had in countering 1vXing tendencies is quite overwhelmed by the (entirely predictable) detrimental impact it had on Battlegrounds and that's why its on the way out next update.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 24, 2018 1:30PM
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the main complaints about Sloads are coming from 1vXers in Cyrodiil and not Battlegrounds which already is all about playing as a team.

Wait, what?

Sure, the 1vXers are complaining about Sloads. But we know, as you pointed out, that ZOS doesn't particularly care about supporting 1vXers.

They do care about not having Battlegrounds face a mass exodus of players thanks to a proc set (though apparently they don't care enough not enough to not repeat the proc set fiasco of Viper/Velidreth/Red Mountain/etc. when BGs first released. This nerf was utterly predictable to anyone paying attention to the history of proc sets in Battlegrounds.)

Sloads isn't getting nerfed because of 1vXers in Cyrodiil. Its getting nerfed because its impact in Battlegrounds where people are already theoretically in a group working together as a team. I'm afraid that the minor benefit Sloads may have had in countering 1vXing tendencies is quite overwhelmed by the (entirely predictable) detrimental impact it had on Battlegrounds and that's why its on the way out next update.

You can easily counter Sloads in battlegrounds with a healer in your group. I think you should give it a shot and let us know how it works out.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    JUST PURGE IT
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    JUST PURGE IT

Yeah.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    I am being completely honest.

If you think about it Sloads is bringing us together in several ways. First, it's forcing us to rely on healers and be in groups which is what a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing game is all about.

It's clear the developers want us to play together more and do not want 1vX PVP to be prevalent. This is good for us as a community so that we learn to intermingle more and enjoy each other's company in group play.

This will stop people from attacking resource nodes deep in enemy territory just to look for "good fights" and encourage them to join up with the main groups of their alliance for the better.

nope sloads needs to go
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

^^
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what?

They do care about not having Battlegrounds face a mass exodus of players thanks to a proc set (though apparently they don't care enough not enough to not repeat the proc set fiasco of Viper/Velidreth/Red Mountain/etc. when BGs first released. This nerf was utterly predictable to anyone paying attention to the history of proc sets in Battlegrounds.)

You can easily counter Sloads in battlegrounds with a healer in your group. I think you should give it a shot and let us know how it works out.

Yep! Easy solution. And that's why ZOS isn't nerfing Sloads in a Battlegrounds designed for both pre-made teams and completely random team matchups of solo/duo/trio players of any class/build/gear. Everybody just needs to have a healer on the team. Easy!

Oh. Wait a minute...

Its almost like that isn't actually a feasible solution for people who want to be able to queue up as a solo player to fight with other random players in the manner that Battlegrounds is supposed to be designed to support. Hence why ZOS is nerfing Sloads in the next update.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ZOS staff are looking for ways to reduce Sload’s effectiveness, in my own personal opinion (coming from a long term ESO player who has never used Sload’s) what they should do, is this.

Sload’s semblance 5th piece: Damaging an enemy has a 8% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 9-853 Oblivion Damage every 1.5 seconds for 6 seconds. This Effect can occur once every 10 seconds per enemy.
    • Reducing the proc chance from 10% to 8% could be a small minority.
    • making the oblivion damage proc once every 1.5 seconds instead of every 1 second for the duration will reduce the overall damage potential of Sload’s Semblance. (As over 6 seconds, sload’s will have procced about 4 times over 6 seconds instead of 6 times over 6 seconds.)
    • Making it occur once every 10 seconds instead of every 6 seconds will leave a 4 second gap between each proc trigger to allow a bit of breathability for players to heal more effectively during duels or PVP combat.
    • To compensate for damage drop (PVP wise) it can be made to occur once every 10 seconds “Per Enemy” meaning that it can be used to put a bit of pressure on a whole group of enemies in one hit, but not as hard hitting as it originally was.

This could help keep Sload’s as a viable option but put it mid range in comparison with other sets to give those other sets a proper chance whether it’s PvE or PvP or even both in general.
    Edited by Skullstachio on June 24, 2018 2:06PM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what?

Yep! Easy solution. And that's why ZOS isn't nerfing Sloads in a Battlegrounds designed for both pre-made teams and completely random team matchups of solo/duo/trio players of any class/build/gear. Everybody just needs to have a healer on the team. Easy!

Oh. Wait a minute...

Its almost like that isn't actually a feasible solution for people who want to be able to queue up as a solo player to fight with other random players in the manner that Battlegrounds is supposed to be designed to support. Hence why ZOS is nerfing Sloads in the next update.

I've provided you with a solution to your proposed problem but you just won't accept it. Healers will counter sloads and my statement is factual
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    JUST PURGE IT

Yeah.

that's a forum sload joke for ya.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what?

Oh. Wait a minute...

I've provided you with a solution to your proposed problem but you just won't accept it. Healers will counter sloads and my statement is factual

I agree that your solution works for any group in Battlegrounds that has a healer. as I said so, above.

Battlegrounds is supposed to support groups of random players, including solo players, and in no way guarantees that players will have a healer in a group.

So your solution doesn't work in Battlegrounds as designed. Your solution requires players to form pre made groups with a healer or hope they get lucky and get a group with a healer - neither of which is suitable for a full solution to Sloads for all players in Battlegrounds. Its a workable solution for some players but inadequate for all players. Thats why ZOS is nerfing Sloads next update.

But if you think your solution is adequate for every player randomly assigned a group in Battlegrounds or that all BG players should form a pre-made group with a healer, I don't suppose I'm going to be able to convince you otherwise by continuing to repeat myself.

Edited because I broke my italics by accident, oops!
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 24, 2018 4:08PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on Knowledge you aren't even trying to disguise these posts now. 0/10 effort for that one. Poor show
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, Sloads just means Im going to solo gank shoot people in the back then disappear.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on June 24, 2018 3:37PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk about Sload's but you sure are bringing forum warriors together into hating you Knowledge
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Removing the stacking of multiple players in one Target will be good enough. Sload is a great solution for solo players to kill shields stackersz but I agree that it's unfair when used by multiple players at one person.
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Sload’s brings the Xv1 players together.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theres no escaping sload's!

7kymnsO.png
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lpzEpj1.jpg
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil a sandbox that accommodates many play styles. Small scale is just as ingrained in this tapestry as taking keeps. It is the heart and soul of PvP. I know it, you know it, the Devs know it. Even if 1vX was made impossible (it’s still not), players would just group up and do the same exact thing- press deep into the map and seek out good fights. Making small scale more difficult isn’t gonna suddenly make good players care about intermingling with faction pugs, playing the map, or care about the alliance war.

True small scalers will quit the game before becoming alliance war zerglings.
    Edited by CyrusArya on June 24, 2018 7:34PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, Sloads just means Im going to solo gank shoot people in the back then disappear.

It's clear you have not used Sload's at all, as soon as it procs, it takes you out of stealth/cloak, no way you can disappear until the dot completes, further more, if you used PI, then it could proc again and you are exposed. But by disappearing you mean that you will reappear at your base, then that's a different story.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone ban this troll already please
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be nerfed which means its going to be garbage. Can we talk about something else?
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here a sload there a sload everywhere a sload sload