The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Textures are loading in black ever since the summerset update.

xmaveri
xmaveri
✭✭✭
So ever since the last summerset update half of my textures either load in 100% black or 100% white/gray. I play on the Xbox one X and have hard reset as well as reinstalled the game, which I'm particularly angry about because the 100gb download just breached my monthly download limited and my ISP charged me a extra $30 on my bill. Anyways this happens everywhere, my home in strident springs, all the zones, and in dungeons.
My house in strident springs looks like it has a dusting of snow on the ground due to this bug as well. I don't know what else to do and haven't found anyone else who has had this issue which is really starting to concern me. If someone from Zos could reach out to me I would be glad to provide more information on this issue. Im hoping a fix will come very soon, I just bought a LG OLED to enjoy my favorite and only game I play in 4k HDR with my one X and this bug is ruining the entire experience :(

assqrzrhen9o.png
bzhb224blp2u.png
ysndr4uimxuf.png
u0bfgarlhpnu.png
lcqlle0tepiq.png
6q741rlb4wkl.png
zjyfjhu9fm8r.png
n30e5e57wpt2.png
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭

Here's some better pictures with better lighting. I would really appreciate a response!

qtz4f9ymt0xs.png

n7gad82mbhu3.png

vyl1bjegvuju.png

bx5rgj8y20c6.png
    Edited by xmaveri on June 24, 2018 4:35PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @xmaveri

For your issues with black and missing textures in game, please try the troubleshooting steps listed below.

Perform a console hard reset
    1. Turn off the Xbox One by holding the [Xbox] button on the front of your console for 10 seconds.
    2. Turn the console back on by pressing the [Xbox] button again. You should now see the green boot-up animation.

Clearing your Save Data Instructions

You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen.
    1. On Home, pull the right trigger, and then press A to open My games and apps.
    2. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
    3. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
    4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data as below. Choose the "Delete Everywhere" option.
      • Delete from console will remove the local copy of this save. You can retrieve it from the cloud the next time you play.
      • Delete everywhere will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
      • Cancel will leave your data intact.
    5. Restart your console and relaunch the game

Note: This will not remove any of your characters or items. If done successfully, you will need to re-sign the Terms of Service and set up your screen UI.

You may also need to try re-installing ESO on your Xbox if the texture issues persist.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ValkyrieVega
    I'm curious if this helped because I did exactly this and I'm still getting black textures and crashing while trying to load my Hundings. I've took down at least 100 of my decorations as well, especially animated ones and it doesn't help still. If I happen to log off with my character in Hunding's then I can't load them. I have to log in with another, travel there, make sure I exit the house then log off. Then I have a chance of logging in with the character stuck in my house.
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious if this helped because I did exactly this and I'm still getting black textures and crashing while trying to load my Hundings. I've took down at least 100 of my decorations as well, especially animated ones and it doesn't help still. If I happen to log off with my character in Hunding's then I can't load them. I have to log in with another, travel there, make sure I exit the house then log off. Then I have a chance of logging in with the character stuck in my house.

No none of these worked, I've uninstalled and reinstalled my game twice now an deleted my cloud storage but nothing.. very disappointed that what was my favorite game can't perform on a Xbox one X and 2018 LG 65"C8 OLED. It's a shame because the game was so beautiful before.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have same issue on pc