The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I think the gap has closed between Redgaurd and Khajiit.

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
Stamblade- After doing some tests, my Khajiit with dubious on with a 3 million Dummy does about the same DPS as my Redgaurd with blue food. Yes, I know it's a 3 million dummy. Yes, I'm aware that longer fights are more sustain checks but I can put blue food on with my Khajiit in a raid due to synergies and never run out of Stam .

Also.. yes I'm aware.. "LOL 3 MILLION DUMMY".

Anyone have any thoughts?
Edited by Azyle1 on June 23, 2018 8:42PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Stamblade- After doing some tests, my Khajiit with dubious on with a 3 million Dummy does about the same DPS as my Redgaurd with blue food. Yes, I know it's a 3 million dummy. Yes, I'm aware that longer fights are more sustain checks but I can put blue food on with my Khajiit in a raid due to synergies and never run out of Stam .

Test it on a 12 mil for the most accurate comparison. The smaller the health pool the more inconsistent the results.
  • Aedris43
    Aedris43
    Azyle1 wrote: »

How much Stam, Crit%, Crit Damage and Weapon Damage do each have? Honestly I’d trust numbers over dps tests. Theorycrafting isn’t just Theory when you do it right. Also, forget procs for now, just numbers.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Asmael I wanna hear your state here.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll get 4-6% bonus DPS from crit on the Khajiit, vs 8-10% DPS from the extra Stam on the Redguard (assuming 20% of your DPS is LA/HA) and a bit more from the difference from Dubious vs Blue.

So as long as you can sustain on either, the numbers should be pretty close, with Khajiit coming out ahead with lucky crits and Redguard coming out ahead on average.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Aedris43
    Aedris43
    You'll get 4-6% bonus DPS from crit on the Khajiit, vs 8-10% DPS from the extra Stam on the Redguard (assuming 20% of your DPS is LA/HA) and a bit more from the difference from Dubious vs Blue.

So as long as you can sustain on either, the numbers should be pretty close, with Khajiit coming out ahead with lucky crits and Redguard coming out ahead on average.

I agree. In general, builds get almost an equal amount of damage from resources vs damage stats. If you make that assumption then Redguards come to 5% with a 10% boost to the Stam pool. It’s even easier to make that assumption now because of the rework to LA/HA scaling.

Also, even if you had 100% Crit Damage, that 8% Crit only gives an increase of 6% of your NON-CRIT dps which is (assuming 50% Crit) 1 / (.5 + .5 * 2) = 2/3 = 66.7% of your total dps... this means you’d really actually increase your dps by 5.3% from the 8% Crit even when maxing out Crit Damage (100% is pretty high). Granted 50% Crit is pretty mundane. So if we had 75% we’d be at 7% dps increase total, but that would be impressive to have 75% Crit AND 100% Crit Damage. So 4% is feasible, but 6% is probably a hard upper limit for Khajiit dps increase.

At any rate, the numbers are pretty close to 5% for both. However, the Redguard has an incredible advantage in terms of longevity, so I don’t know that the gap has really closed in that respect (long fights).
    Edited by Aedris43 on June 23, 2018 10:50PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Khajiit's stamina sustain is crap. Maybe I need to work on his sustain more. :/
  • shadowofnarsil
    shadowofnarsil
    ✭✭✭
    Khajit jere also....Stormfist, Leaching Strikes, and heavy attacks below ~35%
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    My Khajiit's stamina sustain is crap. Maybe I need to work on his sustain more. :/

do you run Dubious Camoran? I also suggest to run some gold stam recovery glyphs on your jewelry, I run infinite sustain with my Khajiit
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    joseayalac wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

do you run Dubious Camoran? I also suggest to run some gold stam recovery glyphs on your jewelry, I run infinite sustain with my Khajiit

Infinite sustain and hit like a wet noodle. khajit stamplar has 1.5k regen. By far the highest regen of any of my Stam toons. My Stam blade, who is a reguard, runs blue food and only 800 regen and basically never runs out. My Stam sorc orc runs 1k and has basically infinite resources.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on June 24, 2018 6:05AM