The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blazing Shield (Bubble) Builds - Do you want this to be a viable playstyle again?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since those huge nerfs awhile ago the “Bubble Build” playstyle entirely died out.
Do you want Bubble Builds to be viable again and have a presence in PvP like they used to?

Blazing Shield (Bubble) Builds - Do you want this to be a viable playstyle again? 69 votes

Yes
66%
dodgehopper_ESOSynozeerAkinosrileynotzb14_ESOSpringt-Über-ZwergeDredlordjcasini222ub17_ESOKetarmishMagdalinaElongEejit1331AztlanTroneonSungoderik1618DDukeEdziuSorisLettigallNiclasFridholm 46 votes
No
21%
SolarikenGilvothdeleted220701-004865kkravaritieb17_ESOparkourpageeb17_ESOStrider__RoshinSugaComaBrrrofskiAriades_sweBallcapWhite wabbitJimmy_The_Fixeramir412SelfTherapyWildRaptorX 15 votes
Maybe
4%
arkansas_ESOWaffennachtFakeFox 3 votes
Other
7%
Joy_DivisionWuffyCeruleiAshamraySandman929Drdeath20 5 votes
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no reason to nerf it, people just hate when they can’t easily kill someone but at the same time complain when everyone dies quicker.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but perhaps by giving that playstyle more useful skills instead of having it primarily focused on spamming Blazing Shield.

Warden is a good example of a class that can build around max health and have multiple useful skills to slot still.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    shields shields shields (((sorcerer))) shields shields shields
    shield breaker set is the only thing that breaks shields because they just keep reapplying thier shields every 4 seconds and makes them unkillable.
    so do i want even More shields in pvp? no, no i don't.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. And full tank builds too.

For some reason it's fine to kite and kill 10 nubs, or stealth and kill 10 numbs, but but tank and kill 10 nubs.

Any sets that hurt the kiters/stealthers nerfed, but anything that hurts tanks is fine.

Oh the hypocrisy.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Make Templar Tank great again.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The spell has been overnerfed and is pretty much pointless.

It should be changed, but function differently than just another generic shield so the templar does not just play like a sorcerer with yellow spells.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I tried it for a couple of weeks. I thought it was funny watching people die because they refused to stop attacking me but it wasnt like i was unkillable or even usefull in any situation.

I just want templars to have a direction or purpose and have skills that are geared towards that. Im down to using at most 3 templar skills on every templar playstyle. As it stands right now Its just a hodgepodge of mixed skills, some kinda powerfull some not soo much.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on June 25, 2018 12:18AM
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Blazing Shield was never OP; it was an alternate tankish playstyle that could actually score kills against zergs and the newbish player who doesn't know to range, overwhelm, or just walk away.

Blazing builds don't work anymore due to a lot of different changes - nerf to Blazing Shield itself, nerf to Plague Doctor (lower health bonus), nerf to resource gain (ie. no magicka/stamina spell cost reduction in CP), and a few other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

The Blazing Shield skill needs to be totally reworked, either as a new spell or it needs to be buffed somehow. I've tried a few iterations since the nerfage and didn't have any luck, so I placed it in the trash (but didn't empty it), hoping one day I could restore it.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    Yes...

But only if I don't have to face one lmfao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Oh Blazing shield, how I miss you...
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It was fun watching those builds taking pug groups into a corner and only them walking out of said corner
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    But then, all the bad NBs are going to QQ. ;(
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I want a morph to scale off max magicka. For both pvp and pve reasons.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. Or just make it viable again
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think Blazing Shield centric builds would be fine, but only if BS is changed in some fundamental way. The idea of a health-based damage dealer that spams one button is lame as hell IMO. But to each his own I guess.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Solariken wrote: »
    I think Blazing Shield centric builds would be fine, but only if BS is changed in some fundamental way. The idea of a health-based damage dealer that spams one button is lame as hell IMO. But to each his own I guess.

My problem with Health in general (as it has always been) is that for the cost put into it you don't get as much back. +Magic and +Stam gives you more back generally. Health is a boring stat and they do nothing to change that.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem like good design to try and create an entire playstyle that revolves around the repeated use of a single ability. I'd like the skill to be used/useful again, but I don't want it to be something you have to dedicate every single part of your build to in order for it to become something you can consider getting some measure of use out of. I've found health stacking in general to be pretty boring.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I loved watching these. That said, I agree with @Joy_Division - give Templar its Soul back and make it fun to play again.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Yes, but perhaps by giving that playstyle more useful skills instead of having it primarily focused on spamming Blazing Shield.

Warden is a good example of a class that can build around max health and have multiple useful skills to slot still.

But that was the point of the build. It was essentially a one finger build that protected and did damage and what OP is suggesting he/she wants back.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    idk wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »

But that was the point of the build. It was essentially a one finger build that protected and did damage and what OP is suggesting he/she wants back.

Its not one finger any more than any other build has a spammable. Lets get serious you were also using other skills to buff and balance.
    <And plenty more>
  • parkourpageeb17_ESO
    parkourpageeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No
    Good old days. https://youtu.be/t5nODcaeHpY
    Edited by parkourpageeb17_ESO on June 24, 2018 11:24PM
    Rikurri (EU)
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    This build had only 1 purpose and that was to speed run dungeons.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If health is going to be a resource on which some skills effectiveness is based, I'd rather see a new skill line devoted to it. As it is right now, it's just a bad shield for Templars and might as well not even be a thing, but if there were a skill line with abilities all scaling off of health it could be used by all classes to different effect.