Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just an idea on how to receive full sets for new players ? High elf Sorc

xgoldelf
xgoldelf
I’m a new player to eso at level 21 now. I’m just grinding and leveling up and doing quests while getting the most out of my time and I’m constantly researching. I know crafting is the way to go in the future to get all your gear but for new players considering up to level 50. How do I go about getting a full set for my high elf Sorc from either levels 21-50. I requested to join a guild and motivated they have master crafters. Are there places in the game I can find a full beginner set or would I ask crafters in guilds in the future to craft a full set while giving them either gold/material? Playing on Xbox NA server. Any feedback is well appreciated I’m trying to learn everything.
  • xgoldelf
    xgoldelf
    If each piece included “increasing xp gained from kills by 7%” that would be a nice addition to gain quick, but so will added magicka/health bonus on each set.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the map that you are on there are always 3 different sets that drop from bosses in delves and group dungeons with a lesser chance of them dropping from random red npc's.

Try collecting 5 pieces on each map as you level up!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game.

Let’s start with your second post. You confuse your armor enchantment (glyph) with its trait. Armor can be enchanted to offer more max stamina, magic or health. Enchantments can be changed at any time (although usually you won’t want to). If someone makes you gear, either they can enchant it, or you can make your own glyphs to enchant it at an enchanting station. Then select the gear in your inventory, options, enchant. Once you put a glyph on a gear piece it stays on there unless you add a New one.

Traits are added to gear at creation and and semi-permanent. (You can swap a trait, but don’t worry about it. That’s for high end vet gear). There are nine possible traits. You’re describing “training,” the trait that adds xp per enemy kill. The other desirable traits are divines (used on 90% of gear) or maybe infused. If someone makes you gear, you do need to know the trait.

Finding sets

There are two kinds of sets, craft and drop sets. That’s pretty self explanatory. Crafted can be made, drop have to be collected from specific areas. As a low level toon, you can go either way. I will reference sets looking at this site:

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

Drop sets

The easiest sets to get drop in the 15 base game zones...auridon, glenumbra, etc. Each zone has three sets. You can find a set you want, then farm it. Jewelry drops at the dolmens...that’s a good place to start. Then pieces drop with delve and world bosses.

For a mag sorc, I’m going to say try for Spinners in Malabal Tor. The dolmens are busy, it’s a good set, and you can collect five pieces in an hour or two. At your level, don’t worry about color quality...you might get green rings or blue, doesn’t really matter. Having a set will be what makes the difference.

The downside to drop sets at low levels is that you’ll want to replace your set every 5 levels or so. The way the game works now, if you outlevel your gear by more you will get weak and reeeeeeeally squishy. So if you go faker Spinners at 21, you’re going to need to go get new stuff as you get to 26-28.

Craft sets

These are made at stations throughout the world. They work just like drop sets, just they’re more convenient since you get to pick the piece, trait, etc when you make them. We refer to craft sets by trait number, like “night silence is a two trait set”. When you hear this, it means you need to have researched that many traits in a piece to make it. If I want to craft a night silence jack, I need to have researched any two traits in medium chests. Then if I need pants (because...#metoo) I need to research two traits in legs.

You can join a guild, and probably lots of people will make you gear. The mats are trash to experienced players, so some will make it cheap. You can also start doing some trait research so you can make your own gear, which is way more convenient for a new player.

The good news is that Magnus’s Gift and Seducer are 3 and 4 trait sets, and you can be up and running to make these pretty quick...like a week maybe...if you hit the research. If you like the game and plan to keep with it, I recommend researching all the junkmyou find and working to be a six trait crafter in light, some heavy, and weapons. Then you can make your own gear.

If asking a guildie, good craft sets are Magnus, Julianos or Seducer. I’d tend to go Julianos...that’s what you’d make when you’re a six trait crafter. It just offers raw power, but it’s a great set. But honestly, as a newbie you don’t need to stress over which setup to use. Getting into any magic five piece set will be great.

But try getting five Julianos and five spinners and then test how much harder you hit...it’ll be a heck of a lot.
  • xgoldelf
    xgoldelf
    I research a lot on other sites including the site you recommended under finding sets. That link is great, a lot of great sets. On average for drops of armour sets for my race and class under level 50, are they found everywhere( quests along the game) or do they spawn in geysers, boss areas, delves?
  • xgoldelf
    xgoldelf
    I just reread and noticed you say drop sets are in delve bosses and world bosses. Thank you. Regarding dolmens to find jewelry, are dolmens shown on an icon on world maps ?

And regarding trials ( eg cloudrest trial) and arenas (dragon star arena) ? Are they found on icons on maps?
    Edited by xgoldelf on June 23, 2018 11:51PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoldelf wrote: »
    I just reread and noticed you say drop sets are in delve bosses and world bosses. Thank you. Regarding dolmens to find jewelry, are dolmens shown on an icon on world maps ?

And regarding trials ( eg cloudrest trial) and arenas (dragon star arena) ? Are they found on icons on maps?

Initially, no, icons do not show up on maps until your character discovers the point of interest.

After that, yes, icons will always stay on your map.

If you're OK with location spoilers ahead of time, there are several sites that have online maps of Tamriel ... including the UESP:
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 24, 2018 1:34AM