The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Which DW weapon type do you use on Stam in Cyro?

kadar
kadar
✭✭✭✭✭
Title. Which and why?

This will be for all types of content except dueling really-- small scale, medium to large size raids, and BGs.

Specifically: are maces worth it/efficient? Is the 5% damage done from Swords worth it? Would you ever run 2 Axes on a non-bleed build? Thanks!
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleed Nation. Axes all day
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    Is it worth it to run 2 axes? I know in PVE it's not.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    Is it worth it to run 2 axes? I know in PVE it's not.

I believe so. With as much dodge rolling, cloaking, and streaking going on, i like to have the higher chance of bleeding my target versus other options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 Axes or go home tbh.

I had only one for a long time and it wasn't as great. All the CCs and mobility you deal with make the 8% kind of low.

Now 16% is waaay better. That bleed puts a lot of extra pressure on people, especially if you get master DW.
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 22, 2018 6:31AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HMMMM, thanks guys. I made 1 Axe and 1 Mace just to get started, might switch to 2 Axe.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Duel Daggers since i think the Axe bleed to op.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't go two axes. Use axe and sword in my opinion. Think about it, 8% might be considered low but so is 16%. At least while you apply the rending bleed, you're getting a 2.5% buff to all damage while waiting for the twin blade bleed to proc.

Also, incase you didn't know, dw axes is highly bugged atm as the bleeds refresh themselves. Just type it into the forum and you'll see multiple reports of this.

Axe and sword/dagger 100%.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    2 axe all day.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 axe 1 sword.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Don't go two axes. Use axe and sword in my opinion. Think about it, 8% might be considered low but so is 16%. At least while you apply the rending bleed, you're getting a 2.5% buff to all damage while waiting for the twin blade bleed to proc.

Also, incase you didn't know, dw axes is highly bugged atm as the bleeds refresh themselves. Just type it into the forum and you'll see multiple reports of this.

Axe and sword/dagger 100%.

That's how DoTs work though right? If you you recast a DoT early it simply refreshes instead of creating a second instance of the same DoT.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 axe, 1 dagger. I like the extra crit for healing as well as damage.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any info about Maces? To ignore 10% of physical resist should net you ~1800-2000 penetration depending on your target. Just wondering why that's not desirable.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should go sword/axe or mace/axe. I would never go double axe though.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any info about Maces? To ignore 10% of physical resist should net you ~1800-2000 penetration depending on your target. Just wondering why that's not desirable.

you calculate 10-20% after your other penetration.

If you have 3k + minor fracture, youll be at around 4320 penetration. If your target is 18000 physical, youll reduce their armor by 4320 ( 13680 left). Then 10% of that is 1368 armor reduced and 20% is 2736 armor. The higher the armor your target, the more effective mace performs too.

Consider this, sharpened trait on 2h is 2752 gold and 1h is 1372, so using maces you can run things like charged, nirnhoned, infused, etc whereas things like sword/dagger/axe you kinda need to run sharp to get the same penetration reduction. But if you dual mace, and run nirn+charged you can get shock enchant to cause minor vulnerability with a 68% proc chance and still have alot of WD gathered. You can also run infused/charged for trolly status effect/enchant uptime too using beserker enchants and disease enchants.

You wont be gaining damage like sword or extra crit chance on dagger or extra dot like axe, but youll be able to negate enough armor to get back 2-4% of your damage lost to armor mitigation while running interesting traits/enchant combinations.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info about Maces?

@Minno, @The_Outsider, @Exodium, This makes a lot of sense to me. I've been pondering a DW axe/mace combination for some time, now. I like the numbers here, and the damage output possible with nirhorned/infused traits. You also get the bleed damage and the increased penetration with an axe/mace combo. I'll get back to you after a few trial runs.
    Edited by TheNorthernDragon on June 24, 2018 11:02AM