The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Equipping 2 of the same rings

D0ntevenL1ft
D0ntevenL1ft
✭✭✭✭✭
Can you not equip 2 of the same rings of the same set piece in the same quality?
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can. You can only double click to equip one. You have to manually move the second.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NolaArch wrote: »
    Yes you can. You can only double click to equip one. You have to manually move the second.

what?
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what?

He means, and it was pretty clear, that you can equip 2 of the same rings but you have to equip ring 2 manually as oppose to just double-clicking it from inventory.

To equip the 2nd ring you just slide it from your inventory to the ring slot on your character
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you’re asking this because you’re having problems equipping them. You can double click a ring to wear it. Then the other ring you want to equip, move it into the second slot. If you double click both from your inventory, it will keep sticking it in the first slot. Put one ring in one slot, put second ring in second slot. Now you are wearing two of the same rings of the same set piece in the same quality.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    I have some achievements
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »

what?

He means, and it was pretty clear, that you can equip 2 of the same rings but you have to equip ring 2 manually as oppose to just double-clicking it from inventory.

To equip the 2nd ring you just slide it from your inventory to the ring slot on your character

and if i happened to not be on pc?
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you not able to drag equipment from inventory? If not, I would suggest stating your platform and someone who also plays on that platform can tell you how, I’m sure. Or ask in zone or in a guild.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    I have some achievements
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're on xbox, in the inventory list, you should have ring 1 and ring2. Equip one on ring 1 and equip the other on ring 2.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a troll post? I kind of feel like it is...
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a troll post? I kind of feel like it is...

no its not. My character will not let me apply 2 of the same set piece rings
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    What platform are you on and what rings are you trying to equip?
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall that if the rings are named 'unique' rings (it will say unique in the info dialog) then you can't equip both of them. I always used to laugh at that... 2 x unique means it's not unique! lol
    Edited by dem0n1k on June 22, 2018 3:27AM
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

what?

Unless it was empty, then you can double click both I thought
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on June 22, 2018 3:27AM
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

what?

Unless it was empty, then you can double click both I thought

Yep. If the second ring slot is empty, double-clicking works.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    I seem to recall that if the rings are named 'unique' rings (it will say unique in the info dialog) then you can't equip both of them. I always used to laugh at that... 2 x unique means it's not unique! lol

this. Im unable to equip them
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes some set pieces are like this, others are not its pretty inconsistent. I think unique dungeon rings you can equip two, if they are unique overland sets you can only equip one, only ZOS knows why.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You want to chuck a screenshot into the thread, see if we can see something that's causing an issue?
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just decon them to lvl up jc and find different rings.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think you cant equip 2 of the same items if theyre marked as "unique" on top right corner of their description.
    However, you can equip 1 named ring and one regular set ring.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 22, 2018 5:02AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox, I can equip 2 First Mate's Mark rings, sane with the named Hulking draugr rings.
    Yes, I think you cant equip 2 of the same items if theyre marked as "unique" on top right corner of their description.

Edited by TheUrbanWizard on June 22, 2018 5:08AM
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zenimax changed it in homestead as far as I know. Not sure which patch it was but currently you can equip 2 unique items.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • webrgesner
    webrgesner
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came up on this post after looking up on google prisoner ring equiping issue. Its doing the same thing to me. I cant equip 2 prisoner rings. How do i fix this?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    webrgesner wrote: »
    I came up on this post after looking up on google prisoner ring equiping issue. Its doing the same thing to me. I cant equip 2 prisoner rings. How do i fix this?

Is it a normal prisoner ring or is it Prisoner Cynhamoth's Undulating Band?

Cuz the named band can only take one.

If it's a normal dropped ring then have you tried a different third ring? Cuz if that won't work, seems pretty out of luck without staff help
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • webrgesner
    webrgesner
    ✭✭✭✭

wth i never had i
    webrgesner wrote: »

Is it a normal prisoner ring or is it Prisoner Cynhamoth's Undulating Band?

Cuz the named band can only take one.

If it's a normal dropped ring then have you tried a different third ring? Cuz if that won't work, seems pretty out of luck without staff help

its called prisoner cunhamouths undalating
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted, stuipd necro ...
    Edited by SirAndy on October 1, 2018 5:03AM
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have luck by transmuting the trait on one to make them 2 differing items

I did that for some named rattlecage rings....but this could be an issue unique to this set

and it may be a waste of crystals if this set is bugged
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Just decon them to lvl up jc and find different rings.

I lulled way too hard.

Edit- a few minutes later, I’m still lulling.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on October 1, 2018 5:38AM