The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please cancel my ESO subscription

LCD_Dave
LCD_Dave
Soul Shriven
Since it seems to be nowhere on your site could you please cancel my ESO subscription.

Thank you.
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Look under Account Management?
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to do it under wherever you purchased it. On the PS4 it's in the account items so I'm assuming it's the same for xBox and Steam. Just a thought.
    LCD_Dave wrote: »
    Since it seems to be nowhere on your site could you please cancel my ESO subscription.

Thank you.

• LCD_Dave
    LCD_Dave
    Soul Shriven
    Xbox, so I'll have to do it through Microsoft.

Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciated.
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    If that doesn't work you can always cancel through the card / paypal you pay it through.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LCD_Dave wrote: »
    Xbox, so I'll have to do it through Microsoft.

Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciated.

You will have to go on your Xbox and go to your subscriptions. I can't remember if that is where you need to go to cancel. I could be wrong, been a while since I did that. Hope this works for you.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't cancel ESO subscription...the Subscription cancels you!
  • Ranger74z
    Ranger74z
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd suggest not "cancelling" through your credit card or paypal.

Apparently, this gets you stuck in some sort of neverland with regards to Zenimax,
    and you may never get out.

Anyways, just use the platform choices...I'm sure they work just fine.

Cheers!
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger74z wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd suggest not "cancelling" through your credit card or paypal.

Apparently, this gets you stuck in some sort of neverland with regards to Zenimax,
    and you may never get out.

Anyways, just use the platform choices...I'm sure they work just fine.

Cheers!

This, just use the xbox account platform. Some game companies are actually starting to 'fight back' against card charge backs. Riot instated policies that suspend your account if you do a charge back as banks flat consider those fraudulent purchases.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=J8WlMrViG7I
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go:
    ---XBOX Home
    Settings
    Account
    Subscriptions
    Click "ESO+" and "Cancel"
    Edited by Zenzuki on June 22, 2018 7:20AM
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    Only cancel it with the CC company if you plan to never play again.
    Edited by Blutengel on June 22, 2018 2:23PM
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can always let time run out, and then not sub again.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not if it's a recurring subscription. But then I've no idea how it works on Xbox (although my previous experience of Microsoft's account management on MMOs like AC2 is not exactly inspiring confidence).
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on the service, it's distinctly possible that's not an option.

EDIT: Now that I'm less sleep deprived, what I should have said was, "depending on the service, it's distinctly possible they're on a recurring payment plan.
    Edited by starkerealm on June 22, 2018 5:48PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On XBox, the subscription auto-renews.

We don't actually "cancel" or ESO+ subscription. We cancel the auto-renew.

Canceling a sub doesn't take affect until the next billing cycle. ZoS doesn't give out refunds, so the sub remains active until the next billing cycle.
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are people really dumb enough to think posting on a forum to "cancel my subscription" would be the way to do it? You can literally just google how to do it and figure it out in 30 seconds.
    PS4 NA
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Are people really dumb enough to think posting on a forum to "cancel my subscription" would be the way to do it? You can literally just google how to do it and figure it out in 30 seconds.

Coming here to ask how to do it if you can't find the option is totally reasonable, yes.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am surprised someone would question coming here for help.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

Coming here to ask how to do it if you can't find the option is totally reasonable, yes.

I think part of the problem was the OP didn't ask for help, they just wanted their subscription cancelled. None of the players posting have that ability, although I assume you could PM the OP with help or instructions.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting Jess to come and say she removed some message, not to actually answer the OP!

Wowser.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Rohirthileth

A response is nice but the one who is needing to cancel their subscription seems to still be in need and not receiving any type of help from the dev but rather the community which is making me question. Just wondering, nothing by it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZiviPK wrote: »

A response is nice but the one who is needing to cancel their subscription seems to still be in need and not receiving any type of help from the dev but rather the community which is making me question. Just wondering, nothing by it.

On the contrary, he wasn't still in need of help having already acknowledged the advice from the community and thanked them for it. See post #4. All ZOS needed to do was deal with the unnecessary criticism from those questioning the reason for the OP posting in the first place.
  • riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    I was unable to cancel through the Xbox platform last week due to technical issues on Microsoft’s end, FYI. I was, however, able to cancel it through the Xbox website.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I don't think its unreasonable to ask here at all. I'm having a similar problem, I want to change my user Id.

I googled, followed the instructions to access my account info, except when I enter my details the page just reloads back asking for my id and password.

So anyway, while I'm here, what am I doing wrong?
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never link your CC to psn or Xbox live ever.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never link your CC to psn or Xbox live ever.

Yeah I don't link my CC to my PSN anymore. They had numerous security breaches in the past and lost my trust. I only top up my PSN balance with prepaid cards now whenever I need to buy something.
This discussion has been closed.